3 Months of CrossFit (with comparison pics)

Options

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    OP you look amazing! Truly inspirational! You can rock a bikini with the best of em!
  • melodymist
    melodymist Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done lady! WOW!
  • flarge
    flarge Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Amazing, congrats!!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I am not against women doing strength training at all!

I do a strength training class with weights a few times a week, but aim to be toned -- NOT get obvious muscles like women that lift heavy tend to have.

If the muscles aren't obvious its because they are
    A.tiny and not developed or B. Covered in fat.

While I agree she looked great in the before pic as well, she worked hard and she looks toned. She doesn't look bulky or mannish.
    Good job op
  • energy4life
    Options
    All I can say is you should be on a pintrest page of amazing pictures of what I want to look like! You look strong and confident! Fantastic and congratulations for all your hard work! YOu are truly amazing!
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great work Cass, you look amazing :happy:
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am not a fan of Crossfit. It is very expensive, and the exercise routines are too extreme for most people.

While it's true they can "scale down" the workout, who wants to be in a gym where the majority of participants are mancho tough guys, and you are just wanting to get in a reasonable workout? Crossfit would make most people feel like a first grader trying to compete with college kids. Because of the extreme nature of the workouts, Crossfit participants tend to have more injuries than people involved with more reasonable workout programs. And if you get injured, your exercise options will be very limited until you heal.

For the vast majority of the population that wants to get fit, there are much better options out there than Crossift. Check out thee YMCA and other local gyms that offer group classes and personal trainers.

If you already paid the membership fee at a Crossfit gym, I hope they will give you a refund if you change your mind!

Have you ever been??
    I'm into my second week of crossfit and in no way have I been made to feel like a 'first grader surrounded by college kids'
    sure there are some strong guys there but there are also people like me who are just starting out. I've found everyone to be amazingly supportive and more than willing to give me tips and cheer me on.

I think it's highly unfair to say that crossfit participants suffer from more injuries than others - I was much more likely to suffer an injury at a regular gym as there was no one to correct my technique and ensure I was doing things properly (unless all my gym sessions are with a personal trainer which works out to be MUCH more expensive that crossfit) - at crossfit the classes are smaller and the trainers (and more experienced members) keep an eye on your form and ensure you are doing things correctly.

We're all here to get fit and (vain but totally true on my account anyay) look better - some prefer a regular gym some prefer crossfit - it doesn't matter either way as long as we're out there doing it!! (exclamation marks are supposed to be excited not ragey lol)
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    OP you look amazing!!!! So motivating!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    "Healthy_Gal", wow, way to rain on someone's parade. Do you have something personal against the OP or are you just a jerk?

To the OP, you look great and you've handled your naysayer very well.

Edit: Oh snap necrothread! Oops!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on achieving results that YOU like in a manner that YOU enjoy. You look great and are totally rocking that bikini.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    you look AMAZING!!
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Good jo! You look amazing and feel amazing and it SHOWS!! Keep it up! x
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OP, you look great.

I believe I have cleaned up this thread. For all those in question of the forum rules, I would like to remind every about:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

If there are any questions, please let me know.

psuLemon
    forum moderator
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    OP, you look great.

I believe I have cleaned up this thread. For all those in question of the forum rules, I would like to remind every about:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

If there are any questions, please let me know.

psuLemon
    forum moderator

Thank you :)
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    To the OP.

How was the transition from a vegetarian to paleo?

Hi there. In response to your vege to paleo question... I have a gluten allergy that I didn't know about when I was a vegetarian. I had bad heartburn that medicine wasn't curing so I tried paleo as as a last ditch effort and literally in 2 days I felt amazing. Completely rid of heartburn and off all my meds. So the transition was easy because I felt amazing. I was a vegetarian for "health" reasons not for ethical ones.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    congrats! you look great! your hard work paid off!
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Bad *kitten*!
  • ANPayne81
    ANPayne81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I love Cross Fit! We are currently doing the 90 day challenge at our box. Hoping to see some awesome results too!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    To the OP.

How was the transition from a vegetarian to paleo?

Hi there. In response to your vege to paleo question... I have a gluten allergy that I didn't know about when I was a vegetarian. I had bad heartburn that medicine wasn't curing so I tried paleo as as a last ditch effort and literally in 2 days I felt amazing. Completely rid of heartburn and off all my meds. So the transition was easy because I felt amazing. I was a vegetarian for "health" reasons not for ethical ones.

My wife was the same way. She always had some heart burn and she was always tired. It turns out that with her heart condition, it's common to develop a gluten allergy. While we tried paleo for awhile (and love the recipes) it was a bit strict so we deviated a little. We are more 80/20 paleo.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!