X-Factor: ST (Weider)

Options
2»

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to give an update...

I am on week 3 now and I have to say it is an awesome workout. Not sure why this is not popular...

I am losing 1lb/week and inches around the waist. Most of the time I just do this workout 3 times/week, even though they suggest to add 3 extra cardio workouts on the other days.This is a whole body workout and leaves you grunting and groaning especially from week 3 :happy:
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough, I just restarted this program the other day! I love it too!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I started the program on Sunday. I just finished the third and final workout of week 1 today (thursday). I am following the advanced modifier for each of the workouts (so far!) And it's interesting how much you improve in terms of what you can do over the course of one week (although it's more or less neuromuscular adaptation). I've been doing the more advanced versions of everything all along (using the stands, etc) and after day 1 I definitely felt like I got in a killer workout. Repeating that same workout today for the third and final time felt like moderate intensity cardio, like I could have used it as a warmup for something else.

I think it's funny how they have the token girl demonstrating the low impact/low intensity modifications when I swear she looks the most fit out of all of them. She's like half the size of the other guys in the video but she's got bigger, more muscular thighs and more defined abs. It kind of makes the whole idea of having her be the modifier be a whole big joke, like its a token demographic they HAD to fill (having a woman be the modifier).
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Funnily enough, I just restarted this program the other day! I love it too!

Awesome, we got company!!!
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how they have the token girl demonstrating the low impact/low intensity modifications when I swear she looks the most fit out of all of them. She's like half the size of the other guys in the video but she's got bigger, more muscular thighs and more defined abs. It kind of makes the whole idea of having her be the modifier be a whole big joke, like its a token demographic they HAD to fill (having a woman be the modifier).

Actually in some of the other weeks they have one of the males modify. Most weeks it is a female, but they do change it up later.

I found the 2nd week to be the easiest out of all of them, but they do get harder!
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    I attempted the week 2 workout today and I was unable to do some of the exercises not because of fitness but because they are too demanding of complex motor skills for someone with my disabilities involving basic motor control. I'm going to have to call it quits with the program because I know it only gets worse from here on out.
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    I attempted the week 2 workout today and I was unable to do some of the exercises not because of fitness but because they are too demanding of complex motor skills for someone with my disabilities involving basic motor control. I'm going to have to call it quits with the program because I know it only gets worse from here on out.

Did you check the other week's DVDs? The 3rd week is drastically different and a lot harder than week 1 and 2....
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Started week 4 today, kicks *kitten*, but little bit easier than week 3...
  • Natsteel33
    Options
    I am just starting this workout.. I am wondering what ppl are doing for there cardio?? I cant run do to having small children and it being to cold for them out side.. plus i can only work out when they are napping.. I was thinking of doing the total body workout, abs or glutes and thighs.. i did the first workout yesterday (i just got the dvds and had to try them out) i am a little sore today but its a good sore :) if anyone has any helping thoughts please let me know!! thank you!!
  • lumpy56lump
    lumpy56lump Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    LOL, I cycled through X-Factor twice back in 2012, and am just starting week 8 tomorrow for my third run through!
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Its an awesome program!!
  • GSHMom
    GSHMom Posts: 1
    Options
    I just stumbled on this thread via Google. I bought x-factor in December and did about a week and a half and it was great. Then I tried to incorporate some of the workouts into my half marathon training but that didn't last as long as I would have liked. SO, after my Half this weekend I swear to God I am going to complete this 8 week program. Once I get my legs back.
  • BJBroxton
    BJBroxton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My wife and I just started this set (we may have to do week 1 twice) I do not want to move forward a week until we can get through the entire first week! What type of workout is this? We are a bit confused on how to log this in to MFP.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    My wife and I just started this set (we may have to do week 1 twice) I do not want to move forward a week until we can get through the entire first week! What type of workout is this? We are a bit confused on how to log this in to MFP.

Calisthenics.
  • Hannahknell
    Hannahknell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love these videos I started in April made it to week 5 with a 30lb loss stopped for 2 weeks (vacation) and am not starting over week 1 today 21lbs to go yay B)
  • hiphiprenee
    hiphiprenee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope this thread isn't dead! I've had the dvd's for a while and I'm starting up again. But how do you know when to rotate in the abs, glutes, yoga, and total body? Do you do the dvd's 3x a week or daily? Do you add times on the treadmill or lifting weights? any help appreciated!!