AB Challenge!

Options

Replies

• 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    3 kids (youngest 2 are 10 1/2 months apart) = super stretched belly. And trust me, not a whole heck of a lot is TMI with me Betty. :laugh:

Okay, so I just finished. Holy Hannah that was extremely tough. Extremely. I completely underestimated the difficulty. And, I completely underestimated what I could and could not do.

I was able to do the planks without stopping. I did 50 crunches at first. Did all 50 of the reverse crunches. 25 of each oblique, 50 bicycles, 50 more crunches and 30 of the leg lifts. The leg lifts were a little rough on my low back. But, I will finish the remaining 20 before bed.

I love the idea of keeping it to a week by week challenge.

Anywayz, gotta get ready to hit the sack.

Awesome work!!! Amazing!!! 50 reverses right off the bat!!! WOW!!! Someone recommended doing it twice, but I am just out of energy...
    :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I am also contemplating joining this group too. I noticed some of my Black Teammates from MFP have also joined. I need to write down the list and keep it with me so I can do them whenever I get the chance too. I also have a ball but I think it needs more air too. This is a great challenge!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    tag !!
  • flea
    flea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    OMG I have absolutely no core strength - or maybe it's because I put it off until the night time and I'd already had my workout today

I managed
    Plank
    l/side plank
    r/side plank
    50 crunches
    50 l side obliques
    50 r/side obliques
    25 reverse crunches

and I can't even do the bicycle one

And I have a feeling my form is all out :ohwell:

Oh well I can only improve from here right???
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    OMG I have absolutely no core strength - or maybe it's because I put it off until the night time and I'd already had my workout today

I managed
    Plank
    l/side plank
    r/side plank
    50 crunches
    50 l side obliques
    50 r/side obliques
    25 reverse crunches

You got it girl - you will imrpove as you go - great job!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Hey, is it too late to join? I am really behind on my ab exercises and could use some support!:happy:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hey, is it too late to join? I am really behind on my ab exercises and could use some support!:happy:

Yes, we just started yesterday. I'm going to either kickboxing or spinning tonight and will do those after I'm done w/ my classes.
  • vanimami
    Options

I managed
    Plank
    l/side plank
    r/side plank
    50 crunches
    50 l side obliques
    50 r/side obliques
    25 reverse crunches

You're doing fine! Just keep it up :bigsmile:
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    IN.
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Fitgal and pavang - welcome! Welcome to everyone new!!!

How are we doing today? Done with it?
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! I'm jumping on the AB train too!!!! WOO HOO
    My middle responds quickly also....so I am excited about this...
    My deal:
    I'm going to have to google these exercise moves because I don't know what half of them are :laugh: :laugh:
    Ok, this is wednesday, but I'm going to start the AB CHALLENGE TODAY!!! :happy:
  • vanimami
    Options
    Fitgal and pavang - welcome! Welcome to everyone new!!!

How are we doing today? Done with it?

I will after my spinning class tonight :smile: I will update you all this evening.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Just wanted to check in and say that I'm quite surprised I'm not more sore today. I thought for sure I'd be hurting majorly. I'm pretty sure I need some major work on form. I try to take it slow so that I can really concentrate on not hurting myself. At work now, so I can't do them, but will do it again tonight. Have a good day everyone!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Okay, i am going to do this too! My mid section usually responds quickly or at least it used to, so we will see. I probably won't be able to move tomorrow but no pain no gain.
  • vanimami
    Options
    Good Morning! Just wanted to check in and say that I'm quite surprised I'm not more sore today. I thought for sure I'd be hurting majorly. I'm pretty sure I need some major work on form. I try to take it slow so that I can really concentrate on not hurting myself. At work now, so I can't do them, but will do it again tonight. Have a good day everyone!

ME NIETHER! But it might take a couple of days before we can actually feel it :sick:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Ok, one word....WHEW!!!!!
    Yeah, the planks were harder to hold than I initially though...
    The reverse crunch absolutely kicked my butt!! :laugh:

But, I did it!! Woo Hoo!!! Now, I have to do it tomorrow :happy: And the next day :smile: and the next:indifferent: and the next:frown: and the next :cry: and next:sad: Just kidding....its all good and I know this will pay off in the end with a pretty tummy :wink:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people!!!

Congrats to all of those who have done it already! It kicked my butt today! Whew! I'm really sore right under my rib cage - never felt that before - but I feel GOOD!!!
    :smile:

Have a GREAT day everyone!
  • dixon04
    dixon04 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2!! I wasn't able to hold the side planks and I am a little sore, but I got through them 2 days in a row!! Can't wait to see the results is a week!!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    Good job you guys. I'm nervous about doing it tonight. I've gotten a little sore since this morning, so I'm sure when I start on them, the muscles will be resisting majorly. Need to take photos though tonight. Can't wait to see the pics next Tuesday.....
  • flea
    flea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do mine before lunch today (still breakfast time here in NZ :wink: ) as I dont' want to leave it as late as last night - not sore today which is good and the reason I'll have another shot today.