Who wants to join me in losing 2.2 pounds (1kg) this week?

Options

Replies

• NoSharpei
    NoSharpei Posts: 73
    Options
    You all did really well, and should be proud of yourselves! Thanks for joining me in the little challenge. I will definitely do it again.. and hope you do too! I will keep an eye on the forums for someone else's mini challenge and will join as a participant ;)
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    im so in!
  • arxonto
    arxonto Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new in myfitnesspal. I lost only 900 gramms last week, although I stay under my calories goal. I would like to go for 1kg this week. I need all the help from older members...:love:
  • arxonto
    arxonto Posts: 2
    Options
    actually I am not sure if I am doing it right. I have to consume 1200 calories per day. I consume usually 1000 -1100 calories, and there are some days that i gain weight. what am I doing wrong?
  • CherishQuick
    CherishQuick Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm in! Go ahead and add me to your mail string. I'm supposed to be around 1300-1400 cal/day. Often I go over....I suspect this is too low. What do you think?
  • ficonroy
    ficonroy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also in.. need all the motivation I can get...
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Done!!! 1kg is off!!!!!!! Yay! My ticker doesn't show the full amount as I put on 0.5kg about 4 weeks ago and was too depressed to change my ticker, but now that is off plus another 0.5kg! :-)
  • JamesOfLondon
    JamesOfLondon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I average 1-1.5 kg / week I think, so I'm in by default!

I lost 2kg this week. I'm averaging around 1.5, but I stepped up the exercise this week. Feeling great though, stronger and more stamina, so I'm not worried about the speed of loss. Just enjoying it.
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    should we start today cause i already did my workout this morning. i dont think i could make 10000 today
  • ebonijo2
    ebonijo2 Posts: 73
    Options
    bump
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've got some spare kilos/pounds hanging round. For the next week I will get in the 10,000 steps a day, drink the 8 glasses of water and stay just under my calorie goal. Oh, and I'm going to say goodbye to some of the sweet stuff.
  • NoSharpei
    Options
    Nice work, l_oudman... I am going to join in again. It was so inspirational last time I did it! See you back here in a week... along with anyone else who cares to join in :wink: :wink:
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Im in!! My next weigh in is Thursday, so fingers crossed!!
  • Jeebs71
    Jeebs71 Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm in! Just need to weigh myself this morning and planning a load of exercise so hopefully will help. Recently got myself a fitbit so will be able to track steps etc, have to say finding seeing the stats every VERY incentivising :o)
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Options
    this has inspired and motivated me because i didnt know 2.2lbs was 1kg! when i lost 2.2lbs+ i wasnt very proud or happy but i should have been, i lost a 1kg bag of sugar - and thats a lot, im in!

Gary, ive bought a bag of sugar for every 2lb ive lost, just so i can see the difference...then try and lift it:noway:
  • SanDFit
    SanDFit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Starting today (Saturday) to next Saturday. 1 kg to lose.
  • NoSharpei
    Options
    Ok... Here it is - seven days later. Am happy to report I lost exactly 1kg (2.2lbs) I hope everyone else had a great week too ;)
  • l_oudman
    Options
    I've got some spare kilos/pounds hanging round. For the next week I will get in the 10,000 steps a day, drink the 8 glasses of water and stay just under my calorie goal. Oh, and I'm going to say goodbye to some of the sweet stuff.

This is how my week went......

1) I walked to work Monday through Friday (roughly 4.5 miles) so went beyond 10,000 steps a day.
    2) I drank 10-11 glasses of water each day, normal intake for me.
    3) Hit my calorie goals, although I ate back most but not all my exercise calories. Just for good measure I kept the chocolate eating under control.

.....and I didn't lose a thing (in fact up 1/2 kilo) and measurements stayed the same. However I will not give up!!!
  • l_oudman
    Options
    Ok... Here it is - seven days later. Am happy to report I lost exactly 1kg (2.2lbs) I hope everyone else had a great week too ;)

Fantastic result!!
  • NoSharpei
    Options
    L_oudman... That is disappointing. I think the only difference in what're are doing is that never eat my exercise cals. That enables me to keep at least 1,000 calories a day void between what I eat and what I burn each day (I consume 1,200/day.. And, with exercise, generally burn between 2,200 and 2,600).