NSV - Blood pressure - share yours too!

Options
13»

Replies

• propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I wish mine would go down. I started out at 210/110 a year ago. I always used to have super low blood pressure so it was really odd to find out it was so high. Since I was at 179lbs and about 60lbs overweight I thought that by losing weight, it would go down. It hasn't and I'm still on 2 meds to control it. I do however feel better and I've lost about 33lbs. I'm hoping that by the time I'm done losing the next 30 I can drop at least one pill or both of them. If not I guess I'll deal with it.

I forgot to add that it is well controlled with the meds, verapamil and lisinopril. It's usually about 116/68 or so.

WOW 210.. that's stroke territory! My husband's niece had a stroke when she was in her early 30's, and it turns out her BP was so high because of her Birth Control! Luckily she didn't have any long term damage from the stroke, but she'll always be at risk...

For those of you who have managed to get off the BP meds, what was the trigger when your doc decided to reduce/eliminate them? Just curious. One of the ones I'm on is actually a beta blocker and I stopped taking it for awhile several months ago, (without my Dr.s permission) and my BP was fine, but my heart rate went thru the roof and I was having palpitations. So I went to the doctor complaining about this high heart rate and he says Oh, you should never just stop a beta blocker, it messes with your heart rate! LOL
    So instead he took me off the other one I was on. I was on 3 at the time, now I'm down to 2, but I hope to be rid of them all at some point.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near done but mine has dropped from 140/90 to 120/80 :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!