My therapist was right

Options
She said you know you're getting too fat you your underwear no longer fits. I had to buy a new bra today, my bra now has three hooks instead of two :(

This will be my new motivation when I wake up in the morning for the gym...".your bra has three hooks, get out of bed and go to the gym"!

Replies

• Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I dream of a 2 hook future! I am currently on the four hook with an extender plan! :). One more thing to add to the "what I'm looking forward to when I lose weight list."
  • ttxqiu
    ttxqiu Posts: 27
    Options
    My bra has three hooks and I wear a 36B. Do bras usually only come with two hooks?
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My bra has three hooks and I wear a 36B. Do bras usually only come with two hooks?

Ive seen them both ways. I'm a 38C
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When I was skinny my bra had 3 or 4 hooks. That is why I am getting a reduction when I get to a decent weight.
  • TheMissingSock
    Options
    Just this week I had to buy new bras because mine were getting roomy!

you can do it - just think, brand new underthings!!!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    your therapist said that??? I find that disturbing, to say the least.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    ^^ yeah, that!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    What therapist comments on your undies?

And FYI - my bra will always have three hooks. It's not evidence of my juicy fantasticness. It's just support for Mary Kate & Ashley...
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    My bra has three hooks. Granted, it's a nursing bra, so I think they assume if you're nursing, you must need all the hooks you can get. Even at a B cup..

Actually, my sports bra has three hooks as well. I kinda like it. Makes me feel all awesome and secure.

I'm surprised your therapist said something like that, though. Maybe I've had good counselors in the past, but I can't see any of them commenting on stuff like that..
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

She didn't say it TO me, like telling me I was getting fat (or talking about MY undies per se)...we were talking about weight gain, it was more a general statement. And when you're comfortable with someone and you've been seeing the same one for years, you'd be surprised what comes up in conversation.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yah, smaller bras would be ok with me, too.
  • CollisionofNova
    Options
    I've actually seen an A cup bra with four (FOUR!) hooks. And then a D cup with one. I scratched my head at that.

But my indicator is if the ladies are sitting on my stomach while wearing a bra when I'm sitting, I've got an issue.

*looks down*

damn. Still got an issue.
  • rabetts
    rabetts Posts: 31
    Options
    What therapist comments on your undies?

And FYI - my bra will always have three hooks. It's not evidence of my juicy fantasticness. It's just support for Mary Kate & Ashley...
    Fantasticness= my new favorite word. LMAO Thank you!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    30C
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think it's an indicator of the quality or sometimes just the style of the bra. Higher qualiy bras tend to have more adjustment features and have metal hooks and adjusters rather than plastic. Then again, even some high end bras only have two hooks when they are meant to be a sexier style.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I never correlated bra hooks with my weight, thanks! :(

mine has 3 but I am also a G cup hella scared of reduction surgery so hopefully MFP gets these babies down. LOL
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just this week I had to buy new bras because mine were getting roomy!

you can do it - just think, brand new underthings!!!
    I agree!!
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    I wear a 32C and mine always have three hooks. I think it's just a variation in the manufacturer. I've never seen anything without three hooks, though, in any size. Sometimes I prefer for the band to be a little looser or tighter depending on what I'm wearing and how I'm feeling.

Good for you, though, find motivation wherever you can!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

She didn't say it TO me, like telling me I was getting fat (or talking about MY undies per se)...we were talking about weight gain, it was more a general statement. And when you're comfortable with someone and you've been seeing the same one for years, you'd be surprised what comes up in conversation.

Ummm... Years? Friend or therapist?
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Well I had to buy those stupid bra extenders!!!! How horrible is that!!