hit me with your best quinoa recipe

Options
12346»

Replies

• aaaaaamy
    aaaaaamy Posts: 24
    Options
    I never knew what I was missing! I need some quinoa in my life, stat.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just bought some today! I plan on making breakfast with it tomorrow - almond milk, honey, cinnamon and after that - who knows! I am excited to have found this superfood!!
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    These sound GREAT ! ! Bumping to read again, later...

Thanks, everyone, who posted recipes ! !

:flowerforyou:
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new ideas for quinoa
    Thanks!

I like making the quinoa as you normally would but instead of water or broth use vanilla almond milk. Once it is done add cinnamon, chopped medjool dates, and sliced almonds to your liking. For every half cup of cooked quinoa plus the added ingredients, add vanilla pudding (sugar-free or whatever you wish) to the mix. I do not have an exact calorie count but a half cup is less than 200 calories.

Yum!
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Open package
    Dump quinoa into trash
    Go grill steak

:laugh:
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • hparr1
    hparr1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Bump.

I've pre-ordered a book called Quintessential Quinoa or something like that. Ordred the book ages ago, think it will come from the US and I won't get it til June or something mad.

I have a recipe at home for cooked puy/green lentils, quinoa, feta-type cheese, scallions and a dressing. I add in toasted nuts and heaps of whatever you want. Probable some dried cranberries in there too. yum.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    bump for great ideas!!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    bump
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump
  • katt83fp
    katt83fp Posts: 1
    Options
    bump!
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I make my quinoa in the rice cooker with some better than bullion chicken base low sodium. Once it's almost done cooking, I add 1 cup of frozen corn, peas and/or carrots. My kids love it. And the rice cooker makes it easy peasy!