Looking for friends over 50 years old

Options
124»

Replies

• marie919
    marie919 Posts: 1
    Options
    Add Me Too Im not 50 yet but Im sure it ok..
  • gmbennett11
    Options
    I am new here, but unfortunately not new to weightloss. I am 56,and an elementary school teacher. How do I add friends?
  • kesslertg
    kesslertg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Born 1953. Baltimore born and raised, but Floridian now and loving life.

Am expert at weight loss and weight gain. Lol. Definitely harder to lose as we get into the prime of our lives ... darn that slower metabolism. Doing okay but currently sort of stuck in "Ground Hog Day" mode .... losing same 3 lbs over and over again.

Getting ready to try New Rules of Lifting .... there are four books (Six Basic Moves, Abs, Life and ... for Women (for wife)). I'm reading Abs now and will start this week. Feel free to friend to track progress.

Tom
  • lcphipps
    lcphipps Posts: 29
    Options
    I am almost 50, but you may find this MFP search engine useful to find people at MFP within a certain age, close to where you live, etc:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/search

thanks for this site info.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I am 50 as of last October. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm not 50 but I am close. I'm 45 and try to burn 2500-3000 when I workout.
  • nevr2L8
    nevr2L8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 60. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • lajoci
    lajoci Posts: 1
    Options
    :smile: I am 56 and looking for the motivation too. Please add me as a friend. It's a difficult road and any friends we pick up along the way is a bonus.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for motivating friends around my age... Lots of youngins' on this site, nice to be around people with similar challanges...
  • cindylouray46
    Options
    I'm new here, but I'll be 66 Monday. I joined a few weeks ago; this is a very straight forward counter of nutrition. I am having fun with it now that I'm beginning to understand it; my daughter got me onto it. I live in Iowa, the Des Moines Area, and am pleased to make friends.
  • cortiz043
    cortiz043 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi I'm 57 and been on this sie for 10 days and lost 7.6 lbs. this is very hard and on top of this I am diabetic. I have been able to keep my sugar under control with just pills. I really need to get the weight off in order to get healthy. Would enjoy being friends and sharing our journey.
  • ujxt38
    ujxt38 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined a few minutes ago & trying to find my way around. Nice to see this topic & to know we're not alone! I am 55 yrs old and quit smoking 2 1/2 yrs ago. Since then, I've gained about 25 lbs and would love to lose it. I'm not blaming my weight gain on quitting smoking, but would like to think it played a little bit of a role. At least that's what I tell myself. Whatever it takes, right? :bigsmile: Feel free to add me (anyone).
  • lilblond5342
    lilblond5342 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and have about 80-90 # to lose slowly (since it took me about 9-10 years, of stress and mindless eating, to put on this much extra!). Definitely looking for friends over 50 years old...we share the same goals, went thru most of the same life-changing trials and tribulations. Most of us have the same physical problems that we need to overcome as we age gracefully thru our 5th decade.

I plan to lose at least 2# per week, using my elliptical machine daily for at least 10-15 minutes in the morning and watching my calorie count. Once I build up my endurance on my elliptical, I may be able to go back to walking on my treadmill or outdoors (have knee problems---one in particular---that is keeping me from my past exercise habits). The way I figure it....if I have been maintaining my weight right around the 240 mark with no structured exercise and mindless eating, I ought to be able to lose with exercise and calorie control!

You may add me as your friend. I've only been on here for one week but I'm doing well and I will be here for the long haul! I looking forward to adding as many friends as possible to make it thru this journey!

Cheryl
  • janiceover
    janiceover Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I turn 50 next month! Feel free to add me....I just started yesterday.:smile:
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi. Feel free to add me. I am 50ish. :)
  • pamlaney
    pamlaney Posts: 14
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We can encourage each other and share tips.
  • Dulli862
    Options
    Ok I'm 63, obese by today's standards and hating it. I have wasted so much time getting back on track after a hysterectomy sidelined me in more ways then one. I also battle Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue but I fight it. . A trip to the doctor and a few friends encouraged me to open this website back up and get going. I recently joined a walk/ run group to get ready for a 5 k by Oct. 31 st. ...what was I thinking? I hope I can become a success story.