Hunger pangs!

Options
2»

Replies

• Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

I used to be a carb fiend which saw my weight balloon. I lived for carbs! It was really rough going at first to adjust my attitude and idea of what my meal should consist of less simple carbs and packaged foods more healthy fats found in protein, olive oil, avocado etc... I'm a little more flexible these days as I'm just maintaining but when I was losing, I would swap pasta/rice for vegetables at dinner time most nights. I wouldn't eat rice/pasta/potato after 4pm. It was hard coming up with meal ideas at first but now's it's second nature and when I do eat them at dinner these days, I feel so bloated and full! I never thought I would say this... but I no longer am a carb maniac :laugh:

Oh... and also when I started MFP I was constantly hungry (mostly at night too) because my serves of curry and rice, spag bol, stew and rice etc were so small compared to what I was used to (and I eat early and go to bed late) but when I took the simple carbs out of my dinner, I could eat so much more food!

If you need some meal ideas, just ask =)

Thanks a lot :) It's not really so much to do with weight - I've just upped my calories and broken through a plateau *fingers crossed it keeps coming off!* but it's just this hunger really - suppose it's a case of finding nice filling foods. But it's odd for me, I've not noticed the hunger like this before! Maybe it's just the week. Or, maybe ni upping my calories I've unleashed a monster ;)
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Protein! I have a yoghurt at night if I can't sleep because of hunger. Throw in a few brazil nuts or banana if you wish.

Before your dinner try eating a stick of celery, two carrots and an apple. Lots of fibre. Then have your dinner. That is what I do sometimes. It's not easy but it stopped my hunger :wink:

Is it bad just that post made me hugry? lol XD