5'8 whats ur goal weight ???

Options

Replies

• kungfuflyer
    kungfuflyer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Shin splints usually are cause due to overuse of running/jumping movements and a weak anterior tibialis. Walking just on your heals with your balls of your feat will help strengthen them along with squats and deadlifts. I would take it easy on running/jumping movements until then.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 44 and would love to be at 163 - currently 175 but started lifting and I look better now (and fit into the same clothes) that I wore last summer at 166.....
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    Shin splints usually are cause due to overuse of running/jumping movements and a weak anterior tibialis. Walking just on your heals with your balls of your feat will help strengthen them along with squats and deadlifts. I would take it easy on running/jumping movements until then.

Thanks much......squats i can do but what are deadlifts ?? can i do spin instead ??
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    mines 145 and then tone up. I was 135 before and felt too thin. I have a broad frame (shoulders, ribs, hips) and carry my weight well.
  • kungfuflyer
    Options
    Deadlifts are basically picking weight off the ground. These are very technical lifts so make sure you have someone show you how to do them properly so you don't hurt yourself. Spinning should be fine as long as you do nice fluid pedal strokes when you do it but it won't help build your anterior tibials mucles since you are pushing down with the ball of your foot on the bike pedal.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies for all ur input. I would like to get back to a size ten but want to keep the boobs n bum so i guess i shall just keep at it till im happy regardless of weight goal xxx

is that a uk size 10? i still have a bum and boobs at that size. just less boobs than i'm personally used to lol

yeh uk size ten....is ur size 6 the same size ?? lol, well mine r shrinking already i think...im a 34 f and wud quite like to keep them xx

i dont know about the US sizes. I think u will keep ur boobs. I still wear E and F cups and i remember when i bought my first sports bra in 2009 it was a G cup and i'd already lost 3 stone lol. Didn't realise they were so big! My mum and bf comment and obviously notice they have shrunk but they haven't disappeared so chances are yours won't either x
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    Thanks Ladies for all ur input. I would like to get back to a size ten but want to keep the boobs n bum so i guess i shall just keep at it till im happy regardless of weight goal xxx

is that a uk size 10? i still have a bum and boobs at that size. just less boobs than i'm personally used to lol

yeh uk size ten....is ur size 6 the same size ?? lol, well mine r shrinking already i think...im a 34 f and wud quite like to keep them xx

i dont know about the US sizes. I think u will keep ur boobs. I still wear E and F cups and i remember when i bought my first sports bra in 2009 it was a G cup and i'd already lost 3 stone lol. Didn't realise they were so big! My mum and bf comment and obviously notice they have shrunk but they haven't disappeared so chances are yours won't either x

lol sorry didnt realise u were in the uk, so hard to keep track of everyone !!! oh thats good its not major shrinkage...cant afford a boob job !! xx
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    Deadlifts are basically picking weight off the ground. These are very technical lifts so make sure you have someone show you how to do them properly so you don't hurt yourself. Spinning should be fine as long as you do nice fluid pedal strokes when you do it but it won't help build your anterior tibials mucles since you are pushing down with the ball of your foot on the bike pedal.

So i shud prob join a gym then....or i will prob injure some other part of my body !!! thanks for the advice x
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    im 5'7" and would like to be 145-150ish
  • kungfuflyer
    Options
    Joining a gym isn't necessary but proper training and knowing what you are doing is necessary so you can progress without hurting yourself. Deadlift is what I am doing in my profile picture.
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 almost 5'10 and my goal weight is 155.
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    Joining a gym isn't necessary but proper training and knowing what you are doing is necessary so you can progress without hurting yourself. Deadlift is what I am doing in my profile picture.

yeh i thought that...... think my weights would be slightly smaller eh ?? lol. Im off to the local gym tmrw to see what i can do, I have actually never ever set foot in a gym, i have only ever done classes.....gyms scare me lol.
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 almost 5'10 and my goal weight is 155.
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think I would be happy at 160-165 but let's see when I get there.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    im 5`8, currently 142, shooting for 133 if i wanna keep all my lean mass...the last 10lb is bloody impossible!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" an have a medium frame. I am trim and in perfect shape at a fit 138-142lbs. More or less than that seems out of my best range. I am so happy I am doing this!!! MinMin
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Im just over 5'7 and I weigh about 135. I was closer to 130, but put on a few lbs when I started strength training.
  • Wclassystephanie
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my weight is 171 . Mostly muscle but have some toning to do. My ideal weight would be 145 if possible with my body type...
  • rubyannmartinez
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm 25 years old and 5'8" my current weight is 200 lbs. and my goal weight is about 150, but when I was in high school I was about 138 but I did look toned and curved at the same time. So I don't really want to stress myself with thinking about the 138 I'm giving myself a goal that is reachable now so when said goal is met I might change it to 140.
  • same89
    same89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started at about 150 and now I am at 130, I was at 125 but then I gained some back, since I am shorter my goal is about 115 or 120. Most of all I just want my darn tummy to go away!!!