I HATE DRINKING WATER. Help!

Options

Replies

• sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    my daughter swears by finding a cup, bottle, something you love to drink out of. Makes it easier
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    TRY THIS:

http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water

It's all about putting fruit and herbs in your water and gives the boring taste of water a more refreshing and yummy flavour.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I'm with the OP. I hate water. The only time I drink it is while I'm working out... or if it's been flavored adequately. There are flavoring packs that help give it some umph... though personally I'm waiting for a flavor packet that makes my water taste like diet Pepsi. Or Turkey Hill iced tea.

I have a long wait.
  • cm99camper
    cm99camper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I drink with a straw, then keep it with me when I'm doing something (TV, reading, etc). I tend to drink more that way.
  • SJax7192
    SJax7192 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD!! AS SOON AS I SAW THIS I HAD TO REPLY!!
    I HATED drinking water too, but I found these flavor things that you squirt in to water and it completely changes the taste. It doesn't taste like water and I'm drinking at least 8-10 glasses daily, easy.

I usually get the "Our Family" brand because they're cheaper. They have no calories, sugars, fats, nothing. They're awesome! I haven't touched a soda in almost a month because of them. They've completely changed my life and I hope that it works for you!

If you need any other help, don't hesitate to ask! :D
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    1 word.

TOUGH

You need it, so drink it. You think anyone likes something that has no taste? No... but we all drink it. You dont you die...simple. Your skin will look shocking, dried out & well.... crappy anyway. Water cleanses you from inside out.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Slices of lemon, lime, cucumber or mint leaves all make the water taste really good!
    this.

plus caffeine free teas, decaf coffee, iced or cold, and juices as long as you count in your cals.

sparkling water too! perrier pelligrino etc.
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    MIO They even have green tea flavors..
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If it isn't flavor that bothers you, perhaps it's temperature? Cold or cool water really does nothing but give sensation to the mouth. Since you are a big fan of tea and coffee, perhaps you could drink water like the Chinese do. In most of northern China, people will drink hot water after meals. Skip the tea bag...just drink the hot water. Might be easier for you to get used to. :)
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I hate drinking water too! Flavored water is even worse! So I feel your pain! I do the set an alarm for every half an hour to take a drink (I try to take 3-5 'gulps' each time. I really really hate the taste of water after I've eaten anything so I try to add 3-5 gulps before I eat anything (especially if its something I want like a hershey kiss, I tell myself I can't have it until I drink 10 gulps). I've found I do better if the water is room temperature vs ice cold, so that helps a little. I did find that after a few days of really sticking with the taking a drink every 1/2 hour I did at least start to developes 'thirst' (or at least as close as I've ever been to feeling thirsty outside of exercising or a scorching hot day). I do drink hot tea (green tea) and count that towards my water intake. I've had bouts with both kidney failure and liver failure so I know how important it is, but dang it is hard!!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Slices of lemon, lime, cucumber or mint leaves all make the water taste really good!

That's called 'sassy water' and actually would have to be logged as well as the juice has calories. Not much, but still not 0
  • KardashianKupcake
    Options
    sassy water... Yum! to boost weight loss - 2L water, 1 medium cucumber, 1 lemon, 10-12 mint leaves. steep overnight in fridge and drink every day.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    There are many other low or no calorie additives, as well as the temperature, quality of the water and container you drink from -- over 100 ideas of how to make water more palatable in the link I posted at the top of this page. So you don't have to "tough it out". Pick some ideas, try them, if they don't work for you, try some others. Like all new habits it may take some trial and error and some practice.
    Good luck!
  • enza522
    Options
    I would suggest putting Xtend in your water. It is a has no cals and you can pick a great flavor that you would enjoy. I like Grape Escape. It also has som BCAAs and other nutrients to promote a healthy lifestyle.

Hope that helps!
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I bought a giant bottle that holds 8 cups, I fill it and put a little crystal light in it. I know I have to finish it so I bring it everywhere.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If I have to drink out a a bottle or a cup, I don't drink 8 cups. BUT if I add a straw, I mindlessly sip all day long. Today I had 9 cups of water before lunch!

100% agree so much easier!
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed the Mio (and store brand) flavor shot/squirt things.
    I don't know if they're nutritious (though some have some B vitamins), but they're zero calorie and make the water taste better.

A Brita filter can help - if you're tap water is not tasty.

And sometimes (usually at restaurants) I've added a slice or wedge of lemon, or lime.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I was never a big water drinker myself, not because I didn't like it but because I didn't think of drinking it. It took quite a while for me to get into the habit but now, I always carry a gallon jug with me everywhere I go and during my workday, I have it sitting on my desk, right in front of me so I remember to drink it. It's 10:00am and I have already grank almost half a gallon. Try it, it might work for you too. Water is sooooooo important. Good luck!

IMAG0074_zps87333440.jpg
  • ncheap
    ncheap Posts: 1
    Options
    Put some Crystal lite in the water. Lots of different flavors and very low in calories or no calories. Or use fresh cut lemons/ lime slices. Good luck.