It Works Body Wraps

Options
Have you tried them? Whats your opinion on them? Im thinking of trying?

Replies

• BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Dont waste your money my stepmother sells the crap out of them, but my personal opinion is you have to keep getting to keep the results you get.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Dont waste your money my stepmother sells the crap out of them, but my personal opinion is you have to keep getting to keep the results you get.

Agreed. My SO's cousin sells them... but I don't see any difference in her body if she's using them... :/
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I too think it's a waste of money!

9821387.png
  • kissesfromkrista
    Options
    The difference between these wraps and other body wraps on the market is that it is not water loss. Instead it is a detox formula that actually pulls toxins from the fat cells in the specific area you apply it to. In turn, it shrinks those fat cells and results in inch loss. They even offer a neck and chin wrap that improves skin slackening. With it being a detox it is also great for drinkers and smokers and for some that can be a dream come true
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    not a huge fan...I tried them a few times but it worked a few hours, nothing lasting to me. I see more results working out and watching cal intake :smile:
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    The difference between these wraps and other body wraps on the market is that it is not water loss. Instead it is a detox formula that actually pulls toxins from the fat cells in the specific area you apply it to. In turn, it shrinks those fat cells and results in inch loss. They even offer a neck and chin wrap that improves skin slackening. With it being a detox it is also great for drinkers and smokers and for some that can be a dream come true

Umm, no. I'll defer to the biochem majors and professors of MFP to explain the intricacies of why this makes no sense besides the fact that adipose isn't filled with "toxins".
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

No. Just no.

ETA: How is some silly piece of fabric you wrap around your body going to "pull" toxins from adipose tissue through at least your dermis and epidermis and out of your body? You don't need a wrap to detox yourself, that's what kidneys are for. It's also not going to shrink your fat cells in any permanent fashion. It's just like when you get dents in your ankles after wearing tight socks all day. They go away when you take the socks off.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Nope.

OP: Save your money and do this the right way with exercise and eating well. It works. It's cheap. It's proven. Just be patient and dedicated. I promise it'll happen if you stick with it.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Hi. I work in the health supplement industry, and we laugh at these. All they do is pull water out of you. If you don't keep doing them every 2-4 weeks, you get fat again. Sorry, but I don't want to spend $100-200 a month to do something that proper nutrition and plenty of water will do naturally.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

The only tried and true method of "detox" is to quit the crap that you are trying to "detox" from and eat a healthy diet. I work in the health supplement industry, and even people who call us to "detox" well tell the same thing...proper diet and get a medical test to find out what you are low in to figure out what supplements will help. Outside of that "juicing" and "wraps" will only help you get rid of water weight. Nothing more.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

No. Just no.

ETA: How is some silly piece of fabric you wrap around your body going to "pull" toxins from adipose tissue through at least your dermis and epidermis and out of your body? You don't need a wrap to detox yourself, that's what kidneys are for. It's also not going to shrink your fat cells in any permanent fashion. It's just like when you get dents in your ankles after wearing tight socks all day. They go away when you take the socks off.
    It's like a cleanse because your body can't get rid of toxins on It's own????? If you've ever been drunk or high ( tobacco other drugs I don't care) your body is full of them, yet the next day you're somehow sober. Guess what people you're being scammed if you believe this body wrap/ cleanse garbage.

You need to learn about water retention, sodium,glycogen stores, hormones, and a bunch of other things that cause crazy weight fluctuatuons. It's water and it makes you bloat,feel fat,slow and a bunch of other crap. Ever see a pro fighter drop 10lbs in a day? Yes its possible, no its not fat or toxins It's water weight and they feel like crap because it messes with their organs and dehydrates the Hell out of them. If you wanna lose 3-4lbs with an expensive body wrap do an hour of intense cardio and youll get the same effect but a whole lot cheaper!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    If you wanna lose 3-4lbs with an expensive body wrap do an hour of intense cardio and youll get the same effect but a whole lot cheaper!

But that requires work!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    The only possible time one of these would be of any use is if you needed to squeeze into a very tight dress for one night. Honestly "take fat from the fat cells" Ha!

I just laughed so much I pee'd myself. I lost water weight, amazing.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

This sounds remarkably like a sales pitch???
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I get them done occasionally. This will not make you skinny regardless of the hype (the place I go has an herbal formula that draws out toxins yadda yadda, its not water loss yadda yadda yadda) but really it is, they put you in a sweat suit after wrapping you like a mummy!

I do know that it helps firm up my skin, my arms ect... and for a temporary fix its nice. I get them done before vacations or special events. They're not cheap, if you like it see if you can get a package and how long the package is good for so you know you can space them out (I've heard some places only give you 6 months to use your packages, mine doesnt which is nice because I'm not going weekly, more like every other month or so. Its great if you have an outfit you're wearing to an even thats still just a bit snug. We got them done before my friend's wedding and my bridesmaids dress fit a lot nicer and my arms looked much better in it, the results last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on your diet (a lot of salt and you'll lose the results quicker).

If you can get a deal the first time to try it I would, check for groupons and living socials (thats how I got mine) just beware of the smallprint, its usually for first time cilents only, I was given a groupon as a gift after buying mine and I couldnt use both, they did credit my package with the second one though when i bought it.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    If you wanna lose 3-4lbs with an expensive body wrap do an hour of intense cardio and youll get the same effect but a whole lot cheaper!

But that requires work!

um... I do an hour of intense cardio several times a week and I've never dropped 3-4lbs after... maybe if I did that same cardio in a sweat suit?

with that being said, aside from the language and condescending attitude I agree with the fact that you're not magically shrinking your fat cells and any toxins being released are released through sweat.

its not the miracle cure snake oil they're selling but it is a nice temp fix for special events. Plus its nice to get all wrapped up and relax in the dark room for an hour with the phone turned off :)
  • nicakk01
    nicakk01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

I have a friend who just stated to do these, she asked me to try and see if I seen any results. So I said sure, she did the wrap on my upper stomach because it has some serious cellulite that no amount of exercise has been able to diminish. (I have always been a work out person since high school and have always had this in this one spot)

Anyway, I did do it, and it did show a difference in the appearance, the cellulite was still there but it was not as prominent. I am a nutritional adviser who believes that natural is always best when it comes to the body, if you give your body what it needs to accomplish you will always come out ahead! It Works does use herbs that do focus on removing toxins within the body if taken orally as well as helping the cells of the skin. It is defiantly not something you will see a lasting forever difference, but if you are looking for a bit of help for say a beach party, your skin will look amazing after this wrap and it will most likely lose a few inches of water or toxins. (I am not a chemist and did not test my sweat afterwards to verify if it was just water or if it included toxins from the top layer of my skin)

I guess it is entirely up to you whether you spend your money on this, if you are looking for a quick fix for weight loss this is not the solution, only a good diet full of nutrients and exercise will provide this(no easy way out of that one) if you are looking for a quick fix to look good in a bikini for a short time then go for it.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options

I guess it is entirely up to you whether you spend your money on this, if you are looking for a quick fix for weight loss this is not the solution, only a good diet full of nutrients and exercise will provide this(no easy way out of that one) if you are looking for a quick fix to look good in a bikini for a short time then go for it.

That's what I think everyone agrees on. It's not removing fat or anything of the like. Can it be used if you really need to do something where you need to drop water weight fast? Sure. But let's not start saying it does some kind of hocus pocus of getting rid of "fat toxins".
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    Also, it says directly on its website: "It Works Body Wraps Detoxify Fat Fast." So yes, the company is blatantly lying.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Also, it says directly on its website: "It Works Body Wraps Detoxify Fat Fast." So yes, the company is blatantly lying.
    no you're lieing. You can detoxify fat?!?.?