Not even 1 pound in 4 months!

Options
1235»

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Too much fat, calories, and carbs..try cutting back your calories and see what happens :-)

wrong

She is MAINTAINING at those calories..if she wants to drop the weight LESS calories and work out more! I maintained for several years eating that amount..and once I started cutting back and working out more I lost the weight..I'm not telling her to drop down to what I'm eating..I'm 5ft tall...and I don't care what you people say about "starvation mode". It's a complete myth..I'm never hungry, have healthy hair, skin, etc.. by no means am I starving.

Thanks for your wonderful contribution. I looked at your diary, you haven't even broken 900 cals the last thee days. You are not even eating enought to survive. I don't care what your come back is going to be, you are eating dangeriously and I would assume maybe even have an ED. YOU my mfp pal, should not be giving adivse. What you are doing is NOT sustainable, sorry. It's a proven fact.
    ^this

Eating very little can make you gain weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/572503-why-you-should-eat-more-a-lion-s-tale
  • aprilabrao
    aprilabrao Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I totally agree if your not loosing weight with all that working out you definitlly need to change your eating habits , you cant do one without the other and expect change ,eat less calories and make the calories you do take in healthy such as fruit and vegetables lay off the carbs.
  • lelea00
    lelea00 Posts: 11
    Options
    Good tips in this post, good luck!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the advice and the time everyone took to welcome a newcomer! I got some amazing tips and am going to apply them starting TODAY. Thank you!

Just make sure you only change one thing at at time and give it a few weeks to see if it works.... I posted a rather long post earlier, so feel free to go back and look at it... It is all sound advice and can be backed up against any reputable site. Good luck!
  • ChristaFall
    ChristaFall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Too much fat, calories, and carbs..try cutting back your calories and see what happens :-)

wrong

She is MAINTAINING at those calories..if she wants to drop the weight LESS calories and work out more! I maintained for several years eating that amount..and once I started cutting back and working out more I lost the weight..I'm not telling her to drop down to what I'm eating..I'm 5ft tall...and I don't care what you people say about "starvation mode". It's a complete myth..I'm never hungry, have healthy hair, skin, etc.. by no means am I starving.

Thanks for your wonderful contribution. I looked at your diary, you haven't even broken 900 cals the last thee days. You are not even eating enought to survive. I don't care what your come back is going to be, you are eating dangeriously and I would assume maybe even have an ED. YOU my mfp pal, should not be giving adivse. What you are doing is NOT sustainable, sorry. It's a proven fact.

Um...wrong! It's NOT a proven fact! Why do you think people debate this constantly?! All I know is I'm losing weight, and many people who are eating more calories are NOT. I'm done with this.
  • ChristaFall
    ChristaFall Posts: 72 Member
    Options

wrong

^this

Eating very little can make you gain weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/572503-why-you-should-eat-more-a-lion-s-tale

Maybe for SOME people..everyone's body is different.
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling you are underestimating your portions a lot. I saw a half teaspoon of maple syrup, of you look at that measuring spoon, it's TINY! I am in maintenance but I still measure out my cereal and milk every day.

I would also cut out as much sugar as possible. Its not fun, but it works.