WHY??

Options
Why do men lose weight so much faster at double speed and still are able to be toned with muscles??? UUHHH!!! NOt trying to be a hatter but damnit women can lose weight and weight lift and do toning exercises to still have flab and jiggle.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    men and women have different hormones. hormones that make them men and us women.

there's no conspiracy from the weight loss gods :laugh:
  • Icewatta
    Icewatta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LOL well I want what ever hormone that is that concurs flab after weight loss. Not fair at all!!! i have seen men over 400lbs lose 250lbs and have muscles with no lose skin or anything!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I (with completely, completely different body types) do the same workouts and eat the same foods, he lost nearly 30lbs (which he needed to) and I lost 2. TWO. I could stand to lose at least 10. And I was being all fit and healthy long before he decided to give it a try! Yes. It's not fair. But he looks great (again) :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    LOL well I want what ever hormone that is that concurs flab after weight loss. Not fair at all!!! i have seen men over 400lbs lose 250lbs and have muscles with no lose skin or anything!

LOL. No you don't because then you will look like a man. =P.
  • Icewatta
    Options
    My boyfriend and I (with completely, completely different body types) do the same workouts and eat the same foods, he lost nearly 30lbs (which he needed to) and I lost 2. TWO. I could stand to lose at least 10. And I was being all fit and healthy long before he decided to give it a try! Yes. It's not fair. But he looks great (again) :)

Well I'm glad I am not the only one pissed and scratching my head at this lol
  • Icewatta
    Options
    Lol I guess I don't then! But then again I have seen Drags that have a way more awsome body than women and can rock heels better to lmao
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    it's testosterone leading to a naturally higher percentage of muscle.

And drags get implants.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Why do men lose weight so much faster at double speed and still are able to be toned with muscles??? UUHHH!!! NOt trying to be a hatter but damnit women can lose weight and weight lift and do toning exercises to still have flab and jiggle.

Completely different body chemistry/hormones like many have said.
  • KendraLoveless
    Options
    estrogen = the fat hormone. chick have it, guys don't. :(
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    One of the jobs of testosterone is to build muscle. Simple.

One of the jobs of estrogen is to build fat. Simple.

So, men find it easier to build muscle, and women find it easier to... well, to get fat.

That's how the evolutionary cookie crumbles...
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Men Rule!

Don't Hate...

Bring it!
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This is not always the way. My DH has lost 5lbs...I have lost 18lbs. He has a lot more to lose than I do as well. (And yes he's been counting his calories and exercising, really trying hard this time to lose the weight!)
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    Good question...my husband can run around the block and lose 10lbs...meanwhile I'm running from our neighborhood to three neighborhoods away and I've been on a plateau since February. Makes me crazy!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Why is the SEARCH feature never used on a repetitive topic?

Its called MUSCLE MASS
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I hate hatters. Don't be a hatter.

Guys are usually bigger than us and have more muscle mass. So they burn more calories doing the same workouts and eating the same things as we do. Unfair, but true. And... they don't a crazy hormonal cycle to F* things up either!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    It requires muscle to burn fat, and those who have a higher muscle to fat ratio tend to lose weight more quickly. One pound of fat burns only 2 calories a day while one pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day. Men have more muscle as testosterone aids in the production of muscles. Since estrogen lives in the fat of us shapely women, we tend to lose weight more slowly than our muscly counterparts
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    To add to the other reasons already mentioned....

Men generally tend to lift weights, and lots of women do cardio. Whatever you do, DO NOT lift weights! Your uterus will fall out, you'll get all big and bulky like one of those Gladiator chicks, and you'll grow a mustache and back hair. So stick to Zumba!

/end sarcasm.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Testosterone's a hellava drug!!!!

That's why I often have to laugh at some of the boys around my work who are into bodybuilding and do the full bro-science, 6 meals + protein shake thing. Then they try to tell me how easy it is to lose weight you just have to do blah blah blah.... when I inform them that my calorie limit is at least half of theirs it shuts them up:)

Oh well, they get testosterone and I get boobs:)
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Why is the SEARCH feature never used on a repetitive topic?

Its called MUSCLE MASS
    Because the OP's don't know it's repetitive. If they did, they wouldn't need to post the question. :happy:
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Higher Testosterone and natural HGH!