No Success again...

Options
124»

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I just glanced at your diary, I can tell you first off its probably your diet why your not losing weight. Plus drinking any kind of alcohol pretty much destroys almost a full week of exercising depending on how many you have. Soda is also a big problem, water or green tea is the best. just some info

I was going to say the Same thing. Alcohol slows your weight loss down HEAPS. Each nip is worth 30 mins plus\s of EXTRA exercise to burn it off. And it Slows your metabolism more because your liver has to work harder to rid itself of the toxins from it. It can take days for your body to recover well enough again to help metabolise food properly. Hard spirits are worse. IF you are going to drink white spirits are sightly better and I would mix with Diet sodas . BUT prepare for repercussions.I gram of Alcohol is comparable to a gram of Fat. Fat is 9 calories per gram and alcohol is 7 per gram. it also means that any alcohol your body has is being burnt off FIRST instead of food. So calories from Food are instantly stored.

http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/calories/calories_in_alcohol/calories_in_spirit_brands.html

But if you are still at a deficit it is irrelevant whether it is used first or fifty-first as you will still be at a deficit and will still need to fuel that deficit from somewhere.
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm beginning to come roudn to the realisation that the scales are not as important. I am doing 30DS and I have lost inches but no weight. I think I saw you said you hadn't lost any inches either but try not to get too down, perhaps you are just toning it up. I'm no expert but try to keep your chin up and keep going. I know its hard bu tI'm sure it will work eventually.

good luck!
  • tinawharrison
    tinawharrison Posts: 123
    Options
    Thanks for all these comments guys! I'm still going to have the odd drink though :wink: