Pizza

2»

Replies

• chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Man I thought the topic would be , like what toppings would you prepare lol.. or umm what do you want right now. .. I am going to say baked potato pizza is amazing ! and so it gyro pizza.. NOmnoMmMnOmMmmm. That's all that's my two cents.

Baked potato pizza? How does that even work? And I'v enever heard of gyro pizza...are these US things?
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Data aggregators strike again!

I currently have Ann Taylor Loft and "lucy.com" which apparently showed up because I was looking up stuff related to yoga.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Man I thought the topic would be , like what toppings would you prepare lol.. or umm what do you want right now. .. I am going to say baked potato pizza is amazing ! and so it gyro pizza.. NOmnoMmMnOmMmmm. That's all that's my two cents.

Baked potato pizza? How does that even work? And I'v enever heard of gyro pizza...are these US things?

well I make the baked potato pizza and the Gyro pizza.. heres the run down
    Baked potato pizza

potato pre boil ( skin on ) or bake
    pizza crust
    sour cream ( I have heard of people using ranch or a lite ranch instead .. if you dont like sour cream I do .. :D )
    cheese ( about a lb )
    brocoli
    onion
    bacon ( turkey will work )
    a condiment bottle to add sour cream into (* you can get a clear hair bottle at any store or dollar store and use that as well )

potatos bake em or boil em * not to much.. pizza crust I use the boboli or whatever ready made ones you can also find make your own mixes in the baking aisle .. anyway .. have your premade crust or the one you make ready ...
    start your potatoes , get your crust ready ..
    fry the bacon .. spread a layer of sour cream or ranch or whatever ,like you would tomato sauce on the pizza crust .. assemble potatoes sliced into round 1/4" pieces all over the pizza.. add brocoli bacon cheese ...
    Then cook until the cheese melts ..

( you can add tomato to the top after you take it out of the oven and green onions or chives )

load up the bottle with sour cream :) after you remove the pizza from the oven and added the additional toppings you can squirt a small amount on top salt and pepper to taste .. walla'

Gyro pizza

pizza crust
    ***cucumber sauce recipe below if you want to or have to make your own
    Gyro meat * can use lamb or chicken or both I prefer the lamb.. fry it up *no oil needed
    Tomatos
    red onions
    feta cheese
    green bell pepper
    garbonzo beans if you want
    humus

heat and prepare the pizza crust * basically cook it without the ingredients for about half the time it suggests unless its a dough

add Thin layer of humus or ( tzatziki sauce * cucumber sauce is tzatziki )
    add gyro meat of your choice
    add red onions
    heat the rest of the way

pull out of the oven add sliced red onions bell pepper garbonzo beans tomato
    add feta cheese .. :)

* use a condiment bottle and add some cucumber sauce to the top ..
    salt and pepper to taste .

NOmNOMmNOMbnOm. its very Yummy.

Tzatziki Sauce:

16 ounces plain yogurt

1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped

Pinch kosher salt

4 cloves garlic, finely minced

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 teaspoons red wine vinegar

5 to 6 mint leaves, finely minced

Place the yogurt in a tea towel, gather up the edges, suspend over a bowl, and drain for 2 hours in the refrigerator.

Place the chopped cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze to remove the liquid; discard liquid. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the drained yogurt, cucumber, salt, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and mint. Serve as a sauce for gyros. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.

Yield: 1 1/2 cups