151lbs Off, and Hopefully For Good!

Options
I started my weight loss journey about a year ago. After multiple previous failed attempts to lose weight, I decided to give it another go since I was tired of being as big as I was: 19 years old and 329lbs. Let's just say that I was never educated on proper nutrition as a child. Well now, after much hard work, I've lost about 150lbs. I'm loving it, too! I could have never done this without the support of MFP and I am thankful that such a site/app exists. I have more energy, can fit into just about any clothes I find, and I have had a major boost in the self confidence department.

Throughout the journey, I've changed my diet a lot. I'm actually quite happy about it, too! If I wouldn't have made this life-altering decision, then I would have never known all of the "healthy" food that's actually quite delicious. I've actually found many new favorites, which is saying a lot. Before, it was all fried and fast foods. Those are okay in moderation now, but damn, nothing beats the taste of an awesome organic gyro.

I currently weight 178lbs. My bmi went from 41.67 to 22.55. Here's a before and after pic.

15xv061.jpg

I went from a size 3XL shirt and 44x32 pants to a M shirt and 31x32 pants.

As I continue my new lifestyle, I'd just like everyone to know that the work is hard, but success is possible. I doubted myself many times, but I learned that if you keep on pushing, everything pays off in the end.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!