HELP!!!How many cups of water are in this bottle?

Options

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    No it does not list how much it holds, I have searched it online and it does not specify and I am at work and not measuring cup around.

Drink out of it and when you get home, measure by filling it up with a cup and tally it up, THEN input into MFP
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pages of laughter people! I needed that on a Monday.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am not a math whiz, so I need help.... My boss bought me this really cute water bottle that measures Bottle measures approximately 3 1/2" x 9 1/2". Can anyone tell me how many cups of water are in this bottle?

Assuming you mean 3-1/2 diameter and not circumference, and assuming your numbers are right, the bottle holds about 50 ounces of water, or about 6.25 cups.

Hope this helps.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Bottle measures approximately 3 1/2" x 9 1/2".
    Is it really 9 1/2 " tall? Really? Is it taller than a piece of regular copy paper? Really?
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    How on earth are you supposed to count the calories in your water without knowing the precise volume of your water receptacle??

Ugh...so frustrating. I give up. I'm just going to fill up my bottle with high fructose corn syrup.
  • majaminceva
    Options
    This problem remind me of the film Die hard with Brus Willis, Samuel L. Jackson and Jeremy Irons when SIMON SAYS: "Using only a 5 gallon jug and a 3 gallon jug, pour exactly 4 gallons of water into one of the jugs".
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Is it really 9 1/2 " tall? Really? Is it taller than a piece of regular copy paper? Really?

Good call. Maybe OP could tell us where they got this giant water bottle so we could just look it up the Google machine.
  • FitLink
    Options
    What do you think this is, MyCalculusPal?

Not calculus, simple arithmetic.
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This is probably the best thing to do go home later and measure it. Makes since to me...forget all the math I have been doing and sucking at and listen to that advice instead. lol. :-)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Crying with laughter here. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Good call. Maybe OP could tell us where they got this giant water bottle so we could just look it up the Google machine.
    Found it!

79426240.jpg
  • FitLink
    Options
    If it is not squared it would be
    91/2+ 3/12= 13 Cubic Inches = 7.2 ounces

Assuming a two-dimensional object could hold water...
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That's hilarious, thanks for the laugh!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ditto.......
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    3 cups of water

or 4 cups of milk
  • FitLink
    Options
    by the sounds of it..it is probably either 500ml or 750ml... you would need to drink 2 and a half (and a little bit more) of the 750ml and 4 of the 500ml one...

Just meaure out 500ml and pour it into the bottle... if it overflows, you know it's less than 500ml... if it only fills 1/2 or 3/4 you know its about a litre (1000ml)

If those really are the dimensions, it's closer to 1.5 liters...
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm always late to the party. I can see that my expertise is not needed here. Carry on!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I agree with all the others, measure. Then if it comes out an odd amount, make a mark on the bottle for an even cup amount so you don't get further confused.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Assuming that 3.5 inches is the diameter of the base (which I realize is a big assumption)....

3.5 / 2 = 1.75 in = radius

r squared = 3.06 * pi = 9.62 * 9.5 = 91.4 cubic inches * (0.554 ounces / cubic inch ) = 50.6 ounces
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    imagesCAB1S4DA.jpg