What is your flaw as a friend????

Options
12346»

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I never really speak my mind with them, even if I am really angry with something they said or did (or didn't do).

And you disappear for years at a time!

My email never changed! LOL

Wait...how DID we get back in touch??? lol I don't even remember....
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I never really speak my mind with them, even if I am really angry with something they said or did (or didn't do).

You actually answered an email!
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    After talking with my bestest friend today. I have this pattern of talking to someone or seeing someone everyday & then i just fall off the face of the earth for a few weeks. Im usually gathering my thought. keeping myself company. basically me alone time,being a loner for a few weeks. This is a bad habit & is a major friend flaw on my part. Question to my MFP friends: What would be Your flaw as a friend??

It's not a flaw, it's your personality. People who choose to be your friends must deal with it.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

You actually answered an email!

No, I would never do that. I think I opened MSN chat after a gazillion years....
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Disapperaing. I don't keep many friends, and i am a solitary person. Being around my family is too much sometimes. Luckily, my friends understand and forgive, and they know that when i don't call or see them for a month, it's nothing against them.
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm often really cynical, and even more with my friends. But most of them just accept that as my personality and don't take me to seriously, some of them really like that kind of 'humor'. With strangers, it's more complicated, lol.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm high maintenance. I need active friends, time on the phone, time spent together, texting, etc... It sounds horrible, I know, lol.

There are a few friends who I can go months without talking to...but on a general basis, i feel like I'm a really good friend and would go to any lengths for my friends, and I want friends who are as committed as me. :)

You seem like a lovely person, OP, but it wouldn't work out with us for sure, lol.

this
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I guess I would characterize myself as a people pleaser. I kind of bury my feelings to keep everyone else happy in order to have others like me (especially my friends). Then, the buried feelings end up "bursting" so to speak. Getting better at dealing with this but I am not completely there yet.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Well I would love to always improve on how I am as a friend.

- I tend to over worry about my friends
    - Also, this might sound bad, but I am the type of person that prefer a very small circle, like really small circle or just to have a small group of friends. I have lost touch with some people because of this....and honestly I am not sure if this is because, I dont see them as a great friend to me, or its because I value someone else's friendship more.
    - I also can get stealthy (see above) and isolated. I have never been into having millions of friends. I like my independence I suppose
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I am truthful to a fault. If you ask my opinion, I tell you the honest truth as I see it. I will be there for you no matter what but I wont lie just to spare your feelings. My friends don't usually see this as a flaw, I do though.
  • Frock_Tart
    Frock_Tart Posts: 23
    Options
    ^^^ The rape comment.......

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bloody Legend!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Rape. It always ends in rape.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. lawlz
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I care way too much, am extremely empathetic (to a fault), and am fiercely loyal. Contrary to this, I will disappear if you don't keep in touch with me because I hate talking on the phone and such. BUT as soon as you come back into my life, it will be as if we never lost touch. I tried deleting friends on FB a month or so ago, but really struggled because of this "flaw" of mine.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Similar to yours, I am really bad at always hanging out, and I feel like people forget about me.

I prefer being alone.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just hate my bff and don't want to be around her. We have a love/hate relationship. Sad, I know. :blushing:
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I have a hot temper, and I dont take criticism very well. so when she trys to critique me, i blow up. And i am a little sensitive , that dont help either.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm very blunt...talkative. Oh and passive-aggressive.
    Should say NO, more often than I do.
    Just me in general...
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    I am extremely extremely extremely helpful, available, advice-giving, etc ... but I expect the same in return. (I rarely get it.)