NSV: Free Tummy Tuck

Options

Replies

• chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    This works because it strengthens and tightens your tranverse abdominals, the deepest layer of abdominal muscle.

Exactly this - there's an exercise for this recommended in 4hr Body where you get on all fours on the floor, take a deep breath and then breathe out forcefully until you have expelled all your air. Then suck your tummy in for 10 seconds. Then breathe in and out once to get your breath and repeat 10 times.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I've been sucking it in since I was like 12, so when I take pictures for progress I have to remember to "let it all hang out". Lol. It really is more natural for me to suck it in than to let it hang.
  • jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to suck it in while I read thru this thread and gotta say it's harder than it sounds :-)

I have 5 kids so I am all flab, I will have to be more aware of sucking it in
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    Bump
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this since I was a self conscious teen and I have to warn you that if you are not doing core exercises to strengthen the OTHER muscles THIS WILL MESS YOUR BACK UP. I have suffered from back pain for years, and didn't realize that flexing that muscle has caused the others to weaken from misuse.
    Sure it makes you look like you have a flat stomach and it's fine in the interim, just don't let this be the ONLY thing you do to make your core look better!
  • cravingcollarbone
    Options
    I was in physical therapy for a while & my coach(?) had me doing this "posture scan".
    Basically it works your core & posture.
    When you sit, stand, & walk you do your best to tighten your tummy muscles.
    It is a mix between flexing the abdomen without slouching which keeping your back as straight as you can, shoulders back, chin tucked in more than usual. It is surprisingly difficult, but I'd assume it gets easier. :D
    & of course, sit up straight doing the same.
    Not only does it work out your tummy, it will also help you work on your posture (through out the day, so no more worrying about fitting in time to workout!) which is a huge part of getting fit.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    For a few years in high school, I did this without even realizing its effect. I just did it because I was self conscious. No wonder I was so good at crunches "for no good reason"! xD
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you this does work well..but it is very hard to do!! I try and try again all day long!! Best of Luck everyone!! Blessings!!! <><
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This is a very old trick that has been looked over for a while. Frank Zane in the 70's had it down really good...

It's called a Stomach vacuum, I do these while sitting at work, Tanning or even on the treadmill.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

frank-zane-244x300.jpg
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I do that stomach vacuum thing. It helps for sure. I still need a tummy tuck though. :)
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    I need to do this too!!! Tummy is definitely a problem area :)
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    THANKS y'll--so much for continuing to contribute to this thread...I NEEDED this reminder today:flowerforyou:
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I have heard pals say this...I am definitely going to make it a priority to start now and keep doing this on a daily.....Thanks for the reminder...I sure forgot about it...
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this faithfully since I had my oldest who is now turning 22 this year. I also have a 20 year old who I have done it faithfully after having her since my son stretched my stomach out of place. Its not easy now since I had my now 6 year old but I manage to hold it in, and it hurts from shoulders down, but I love it :smile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    bump
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    bump
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I remembered this today and have been doing it all day and it's a wonderful (if really challenging) feeling. This time, but holding my tummy in on purpose, I'm practicing/imagining/preparing for when I'll have a flat tummy. Try it...you'll like it--but again, it IS hard to do....kinda like exercise for those of us who are not used to exercising regularly.

Also, another thing I'm doing and practicing that new this time for me is....chewing my food 32 times OR until it turns to liquid--MAN! Doing this is very much like conscientiously tucking in your tummy all the time. I'm still not used to that and it's amazing and actually quite disturbing how little I've been chewing my food. I NEVER realized how poorly I chew my food, how my poor digestive system has been doing and feeling all these MANY years of taking a couple of bites and almost swallowing my food whole most all the time...YIKES:sick: Chewing your food 32 times or until it turns to liquid---it's tremendous and takes some getting used to too:love:
  • Lattegurl
    Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great advice. Gonna try this.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I've discovered something new, a new twist to this I've been doing this morning, which makes it sooooo much EASIER....

Instead of my practicing pulling in my tummy with all of my might, now I'm just doing it LIGHTLY (DUH--whodathunkit). Tucking in my tummy, LIGHTLY is so much more comfortable and doable--I love it, it feels GREAT doing it this way:drinker:

Now, I'll just add more "resistance" slowly and a wee bit at a time, instead of full force which I was doing and making it really HARD!

Just FYI!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!