New here and I need some friends!

Options

Replies

• tryinghard71
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me. I am pretty new as well. oh, and addicted.
  • EmilyCholette1990
    EmilyCholette1990 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im looking to lose about the same ammount of weight, feel free to add me! :)
  • JessicaLauren209
    JessicaLauren209 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck! As long as you're willing you can do it! I'm trying to lose 60 lbs total...but I set little goals for myself that way I don't get overwhelmed with such a HUGE number! :)

Feel free to add me...I'm new to the MFP community as well.
  • SuCcERBuNcH
    SuCcERBuNcH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hello
    i love to had you as friend am happy that you are here to lose some weight to we can do it with each other feel free to add me
    i like challenges very much so if you want we can compete and find some others to do that to :bigsmile:
  • momtomanygirls
    momtomanygirls Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck with your goals! you can do it! i am trying to get mine too!
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, my friends list is awesome...
  • SuCcERBuNcH
    SuCcERBuNcH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    am going to add you , cuz i see that you are having a problems with that if you want accept me :flowerforyou:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! My wife and I are separating--who knows what the future holds--and our kids are 5 and 3. You can reach your goal, just let your emotions drive you to hit that goal. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Best of luck!
  • scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    welcome to all the newcomers!!! Always willing to offer support and get some back in return. Feel free to add me too
  • mommyaudie
    Options
    am going to add you , cuz i see that you are having a problems with that if you want accept me :flowerforyou:

Haha, thank you. I can't believe they limit you. I keep having to wait 10 minutes to add 5 people. :(
  • Ames1026
    Ames1026 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im a single Mommy of 4 and I started with 40lbs to lose. I had to find myself again after I was married also. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    request sent.

i'm sort of in the same boat. Just split with wife two weeks ago, ending 6 yr relationship, and I want to get down to my pre-X weight
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • samanthaleethomas
    Options
    You can absolutely do it! No goal is too big. Set lots of mini goals and don't look so much on the big picture. It will be easier getting to your end goal. Feel free to add me if you'd like! I have lost 15 so far and still have 10 to go :)
  • xkins
    xkins Posts: 7
    Options
    Welcome! 120 is totally attainable! You're definitely in the right place for great people to motivate you along the way too :)
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the healthiest addiction on the internet! Add me if you like, I'm trying to get to my pre-baby/marriage/work/life weight! Actually, I'd just liek to feel like me again!

Welcome again and best of luck to you and your children! :)
  • sreelurocx
    sreelurocx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome - GoodLuck- tune in! .. This is a wonderful tool as well as a supportive website. I do have the same goal of losing 40 lbs to break into 130's.. Will keep in touch . All Set goooooooo
  • mommyaudie
    Options
    I am so pleasantly surprised by the amount of responses I've received. You guys are truly amazing. I will be adding you all, it's just taking me a little while.
  • Music_dreamer
    Options
    How do you all find the motivation to lose weight so slow like this? i look at the scale in the morning and freak out if i gain and ounce!
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You can reach your goal. I was a little doubtful about whether I could when I first started. I just aimed to be at a healthy BMI. It is now 90 days since I first logged in and I'm down 23 to 24 pounds (and at a healthy BMI). I can't say it has been easy, but it is certainly not hard. It takes planning, shopping, and time to prepare healthy meals and snacks. But, it also takes time to buy and prepare crap... I've rarely been hungry (without calories there to use) throughout this process, I have learned a tremendous amount by looking at other's diaries and reading their posts. (My diary is open for others to learn.) Try to stay within your prescribed goals (or close to them). Remember the food pyramid - try to eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day - eat some protein at eat meal, try to consume as many nutritionally dense foods as possible, and eat the junk sparingly. Exercise a few times per week and you should be at your goal within the year 2012. Also, watch your sodium intake. It can cause you to retain water.

Recommendations: Try to eat at least 25 grams of fiber per day (MFP's goal for fiber is too low). Try to reach or exceed your protein goal (it is okay to go over, just not under). Try to stay around your fat goal (too little fat will slow your metabolism). Try to limit your sodium intake to 2000 mg or less per day. Drink plenty of water.