Meal replacement shake

Options
What's the best meal replacement shake? Herbalife, Body By Vi, GNC Lean, Slimfast? Looking for all the perks: energy, weight loss, appetite suppressant, feel full, vitamins/nutrients included.

Replies

• LBash03
    LBash03 Posts: 72
    Options
    One of the best meal replacements shakes, or can even just be used as a shake for after a workout, is shakeology. It is somewhat expensive but gives GREAT results. Look it up at shakeology.com or beachbody.com
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I like food.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I like food.

This ^^ liquid shakes really don't do anything superior to whole food
  • Pizzagirl50
    Pizzagirl50 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Herbalife has a lot of sugar. Body by Vi was alright, gave me mucho energy and kept me satisfied for about 3-3.5 hours (which is perfect as we should eat that often anyway).
    Options
    Shakeology and Body By Vi are very over priced too. They won't give you better results then whole healthy food.
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like the body by Vi as well. I will add cappucino flavored soy slender (unsweetened) to it and makes a delish morning drink. Fills me up and you can all all kinds of yummy and filling (fiber filled) to them. I have one every morning and it keeps me from making bad choices !
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    energy, weight loss, appetite suppressant, feel full, vitamins/nutrients included.

Meal replacement shakes are food, therefore, they will pretty much all give you energy, appetite suppression, fullness.

Now as far as vitamins/nutrients, they're not all created equally, so read the label to see what's in them. Myoplex, for example, is pretty good and reasonably priced.

Weight loss - No. You're not going to get "weight loss" from a shake. You get this from sticking to a calorie deficit over time.

My best advice is to get some whey powder that you like, and mix it with some carbs (milk, fruit, or oats), and optionally some fat (peanut butter), to create your own meal replacement shake.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    shakes are great for upping protein without significantly upping calories, I have found that dymatize iso 100, cookies and cream has no funny after tastes and is pretty yummy especially cold.
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i do body by vi, and i love them..you can make so many different kinds of shakes and they are so delicious
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Why would anybody want to replace a meal?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    buzzards : carrion :: multi-level marketers : this thread
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    energy, weight loss, appetite suppressant, feel full, vitamins/nutrients included.

Meal replacement shakes are food, therefore, they will pretty much all give you energy, appetite suppression, fullness.

Now as far as vitamins/nutrients, they're not all created equally, so read the label to see what's in them. Myoplex, for example, is pretty good and reasonably priced.

Weight loss - No. You're not going to get "weight loss" from a shake. You get this from sticking to a calorie deficit over time.

My best advice is to get some whey powder that you like, and mix it with some carbs (milk, fruit, or oats), and optionally some fat (peanut butter), to create your own meal replacement shake.

This. I like to add some oreos and nutella as well.
  • Diamondfive
    Diamondfive Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I looovvvvvve Nutrilite MR shakes and thier protien line, both powder and protein shakes.
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    ADVOCARE!!
  • bedinky1207
    bedinky1207 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Find a product you love and go for it.
    Options
    moderator edited

Of course you love it. You are trying to sell it :P
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Why would anybody want to replace a meal?

I love food to much, the only shake I'd want is an icecream shake in chocolate please. I won't like a tried a shake or two in the past & I never enjoyed them as much as I enjoy a meal.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    It's easy to market something you love and use in your every day life and it's something that you know works.
    Stop doing it here though. :angry:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    It's easy to market something you love and use in your every day life and it's something that you know works.

Truth......My whey powder with peanut butter, milk, oreo and nutella is amazing and definitely works.