Meal replacement shake

Options

Replies

• kimfifield
    Options
    I was inquiring about that program. Does it really work or would a protein shake work just as well?
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm on the body by vi as well, love the flavor and so versatile....kinda pricey though.... I have one in the morning and one in the evening, feel like i'm having a yummy sweet desert. Eat a regular lunch and snacks...
  • jak2315
    jak2315 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I drink a slimfast shake every morning. (I'm addicted to chocolate). I take my vitamins and supplements with it. It keeps me on track.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I don't use any of the meal replacement shakes but I do make myself a "Green Smoothie" which is to die for! I literally feel like I should not be eating it because it's so good. I've seen several different recipes but this is what I put in and it works! In a blender, combine raw spinach/kale, carrot juice, skim milk, ice, protein powder, and your choice of fruit! (I usually put a banana and some berries in.) I don't have specific measurements because I just throw stuff in until it looks/tastes goods but it's very good and not to mention very healthy for you! I know it sounds absolutely disgusting but you cannot taste the spinach or carrot juice at all! It's a good way to get some servings of veggies in if you're not a veggie fan. (like me!)

I do this too. It is good!
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    My wife and I both use Visalus. We don't sell it. We buy it from a friend or on ebay. It does exactly what it supposed to, for us.

100% of the time, products that work for one, don't work for all. You'll find positive reviews, bad reviews and you'll get comments that in no way whatsoever offer any benefit to your question.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Why spend on it when there are better alternatives that are cheaper?

What are they?

Scoop of whey in 8 oz milk. Perhaps with a banana and some peanut buttah.
    [/quote]

whey + anything yummy :D better and cheaper.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    What are they?
    Have you read the thread? Some folks have provided ideas.

You can also use the search function to find past discussion. I went ahead and found the best one for you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/445106-is-shakeology-overpriced
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

What are they?
    [/quote]

Look up the ingredients in the Source of life Energy shake, I found it very comparable and less than half the price.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Similar to the one I do but I juice it instead because I don't like fiber slush...

6 Kale leaves
    4 Stalks Celery
    1 Cucumber
    2 Green Apples
    1/2 Lemon
    1" piece of ginger
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    lots of sales people here!! I am with the gentelman that asked why anyone would want to replace real food ?
  • StaceyL76
    Options
    What are they?
    Have you read the thread? Some folks have provided ideas.

You can also use the search function to find past discussion. I went ahead and found the best one for you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/445106-is-shakeology-overpriced

How sweet. Thanks.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Please note folks, it is against forum guidelines to advertise or tell users to "pm" you about receiving information regarding products that you sell or otherwise receive compensation for. I have made the appropriate edits. If you sell a product, don't do it here, we don't allow it. If you REALLY want to sell something on MFP, talk to Mike, I'm sure he'd allow you to advertise.

for more information about forum guidelines, please read the link provided.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

thanks

SHBoss1673
    MyFitnessPal forums moderator
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    lots of sales people here!! I am with the gentelman that asked why anyone would want to replace real food ?

Some people don't have the time nor appetite to eat the amount of food required to get as much protein/fruit/veggies as you can from a shake or juice/smoothie. Also the consumption is less calories than it would be had you eaten all the food to get the nutrients you're focusing on. It depends on your sport and your fitness level.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with replacing a meal with a shake. I prefer whey protein and adding my own ingredients over prepackaged meal replacements. This way you get the flavor and ingredients you want and can play with the macronutrients in the shake to get them where you like.
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I blend my own protein shakes as meal replacement with whatever I'm feeling at the time. I can't see paying a lot of money for overpriced marketed "Meal Replacement Shake" that you really do not know what is in them. I just make my own with ON Gold Standard Whey or Casein protein depending on which meal it is. Now, sometimes, RTD (ready to drink) Meal Replacement shakes do come in handy and I like the Lean Body for RTD.
    If you have to use a blender, just make your own with real ingredients. I use frozen fruit like cherries and blueberries in mine sometimes. I also use steel cut oats, PB2 and other various things. It depends on what you like.
  • StaceyL76
    Options

What are they?

Scoop of whey in 8 oz milk. Perhaps with a banana and some peanut buttah.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I understand this. I have done this with ON products. I was just curious to see if there were specific examples and the facts behind it. He linked to another post which was well written. I like MRS to get extra protein in. I think shakeology is too expensive. I do like the taste and nutrition profile it offers.

I understand people become hostile when they feel they may be manipulated...

I was seriously interested in his thoughts.
  • StaceyL76
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with replacing a meal with a shake. I prefer whey protein and adding my own ingredients over prepackaged meal replacements. This way you get the flavor and ingredients you want and can play with the macronutrients in the shake to get them where you like.

Great post!
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    moderator edited

Of course you love it. You are trying to sell it :P

I used to sell it, but Shakeology does work. I just can't afford it! One day I will. Don't knock it till you try it!

And how does it "work?' I have tried it (samples) and i think it tasted like dirt compared to what i can get xD

Not knocking the product, more the crazy claims and price, since you can get similar products for a fraction of the price :D

Glad to hear you are not knocking it, sounds like you were. You have to drink it for at least a week or two and you'll see. Don't worry about the prizes or logging into the gym. If you drink it, the real prize will be in how you feel and you will realize it gives you more energy and it is made naturally. It isn't drinking some watery substance. It gives you all the nutrition you need every day. And it's only 140 calories. If you don't like it within the 30 days you can call them up and return it. Less S/H. Try Chocolate or Tropical not Greenberry. Greenberry tastes aweful! Like I said I'm no longer affiliated with Beachbody but I do know that people need not bash Shakeology. It is a truley wonderful product!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just buy generic, but I don't use them to replace a full meal. I grab one when I'm hungry but on the go and don't have time for a proper snack. They all pretty much taste the same to me, honestly (which is not very tasty, but ah well).
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Like I said I'm no longer affiliated with Beachbody but I do know that people need not bash Shakeology.
    No, they do need to bash it. It's a shame that people are paying so much money unnecessarily.