• nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    5 miles tonight
    Total for the month: 64 miles
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Only 2.5 mile 18 May but running intervals (or trying)

Ticker updated

exercise.png
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    3.5 easy miles today - tomorrow rest, saturday rest -> 2 days of rest before the half on Sunday! I am considering doing some cross training (ARC) tomorrow ... not sure.

Total for month: 62.5

Got new shoes - my other ones were a bit worn on the bottom ... I am also planning on transitioning to minimal after the half - got that shoe already. Still needed a more supportive shoe though while transitioning... so that is why I got these new shoes = TMI. LOL.

What works for me is a full rest day two days before the race, then a nice easy run the day before. Maybe 3 to 4 easy miles for you to shake things out. I know that, for me, I am always more stiff the day after a rest day than I am after a run day.

Are you planning to wear the new shoes for the race? I hope not, unless they are exactly the same size, make and model of the old ones. You don't want to find out that them rub a blister around mile 5.
  • lvnnlfe
    lvnnlfe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like to Join and I know we're midway through the month so do I report what I've done so far this month. Shooting for 80+ is it only my running miles or my hiking and walking miles as well?

exercise.png
  • lvnnlfe
    lvnnlfe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You will do it. I remember my first 20 mile run.. I could not believe I was doing that!
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Got new shoes - my other ones were a bit worn on the bottom ... I am also planning on transitioning to minimal after the half - got that shoe already. Still needed a more supportive shoe though while transitioning... so that is why I got these new shoes = TMI. LOL.

...but what minis and transitionals did you buy? (I love shoes.)
  • lauleipop
    Options
    3.5 easy miles today - tomorrow rest, saturday rest -> 2 days of rest before the half on Sunday! I am considering doing some cross training (ARC) tomorrow ... not sure.

What works for me is a full rest day two days before the race, then a nice easy run the day before. Maybe 3 to 4 easy miles for you to shake things out. I know that, for me, I am always more stiff the day after a rest day than I am after a run day.

I run a few easy miles the day before a race as well to loosen things up. Good luck in your race!
  • lauleipop
    Options
    I reprioritized last weekend and didn't get in my long run.

I'm at 32 for the month.

Another short run last night.
    35 for the month.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    5/18- 4.5 miles. if my knee holds out i just might make my goal yet! :-)

exercise.png
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options

thanks for sharing! i especially needed to hear "4. QUIT COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS

You can always find someone who is slower, faster, heavier, lighter, older, or younger than you are. If you measure your success in running based on other people, you lose focus of the only person who really matters, and the only person you can control, yourself. Quit comparing yourself to others and focus on your own PR’s, goals, and personal progress. If you are making progress then you are winning and have a reason to celebrate each accomplishment!"

i have a horrible habit of playing down my accomplishments because so and so can run 8.5 minute miles or because my husband can run sub 6's.... i am not them, and i've gone from NEVER running to running up to 10 miles at a time. 12 minute miles used to be a comfortable pace and now i'm pretty happy with 10. i'm not where i want to be, but i'm not where i once was either. enjoy your accomplishments! :-) thanks for the reminder!
  • manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Options
    5 and a 1/2 miles tonight

exercise.png
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Doublepost
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    Options
    5/14 - 3.2 miles + 3.4 Mile trail run = 6.6
    5/15 - 6.4 Trail run
    5/18 - 3.2 miles + 3.3 Mile Trail run= 6.5

exercise.png
    [/url]
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    Options

thanks for sharing! i especially needed to hear "4. QUIT COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS

You can always find someone who is slower, faster, heavier, lighter, older, or younger than you are. If you measure your success in running based on other people, you lose focus of the only person who really matters, and the only person you can control, yourself. Quit comparing yourself to others and focus on your own PR’s, goals, and personal progress. If you are making progress then you are winning and have a reason to celebrate each accomplishment!"

i have a horrible habit of playing down my accomplishments because so and so can run 8.5 minute miles or because my husband can run sub 6's.... i am not them, and i've gone from NEVER running to running up to 10 miles at a time. 12 minute miles used to be a comfortable pace and now i'm pretty happy with 10. i'm not where i want to be, but i'm not where i once was either. enjoy your accomplishments! :-) thanks for the reminder!

I hear ya! I tell my husband " I only ran 5 miles today" or "I averaged an X minute mile" all bummed out and he sets me strait right away. Tells me that I am awesome and if I have to compare myself I should compare myself to those who do not workout and are obese (3 in 5 americans?) instead of the faster, stronger athletes who make up a very small part of our population. He's awesome! But I do try to not compare myself to anyone, like some people on here who run 200 miles a month....it's depressing.:grumble: :sad:
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    ....like some people on here who run 200 miles a month....it's depressing.:grumble: :sad:

I know, right?! :tongue:
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    M - 6
    T - 10.2
    W - 7.1
    Th - Rest
    F - 5

WTD - 28.3
    MTD - 155.3

Race tomorrow!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Today my legs are itching for a short run! I need to get moving . Wish me well.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    11 miles today - the furthest I've ever run.

Takes me to 57.1 for the month. :-)

exercise.png
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    12 mile trail run today
    Total for the month: 76 miles!!
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    5/18 1.7 (rest- short loop with dogs)
    5/19 3.1 (warrior dash) + 1.7 = 4.8