Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in May *

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    3miles today. Tried my hand at interval running. Nearly died. :-)
    60.1 miles in total for May. I should hit my target this week, with time to spare.

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    just came back late late last night from Myrtle Beach - site of my first half, driving 7 hrs!

Catching up with posts right now :smile:
  • Cooriander
    latest spread sheet (:

2012-May-Check.PNG
    2012-Legend.PNG
    2012-May-Trophy.PNG
  • Cooriander
    let me know of any errors ! :happy:
  • meerkat70
    Thanks Cooriander. I'm ridiculously excited by my colour change.... :-) I think this is the first time I've been near my target so far from the end of the month. And it's the highest target I've had.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Slow week

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    13.1 miles yesterday, longest distance ever - and I made my goal time (under 2 hours). I originally set my goal using my fitness level at the mcmillan calculator:

http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/index.php/calcUsage/calculate

that I posted here before (where I used my 10K and 5K times to figure out my target time / pace for the half).

The course was AMAZING, fast, and flat, the weather was perfect and the runners were high spirited and fun! Zola Budd was the person who won the race! I didn't see her but my family did (she was WAY ahead of me, lol).

I went out slightly too fast, but I was OK with it since I did it deliberately. I did zonk out a bit at the end (i.e., snail pace the last 3 miles). I had Champagne at the finish line (3 glasses - LOL). Super excited - loved the distance, and I want to do it again. Felt great, fit and like a real runner! Hard to beat that. Think I am ready to train for the marathon I signed up for in October! :happy:

Total for month: 75.6.
  • meerkat70
    Well done cooriander! That's quite an achievement.
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    13.1 miles yesterday, longest distance ever - and I made my goal time (under 2 hours). I originally set my goal using my fitness level at the mcmillan calculator:

that I posted here before (where I used my 10K and 5K times to figure out my target time / pace for the half).

The course was AMAZING, fast, and flat, the weather was perfect and the runners were high spirited and fun! Zola Budd was the person who won the race! I didn't see her but my family did (she was WAY ahead of me, lol).

I went out slightly too fast, but I was OK with it since I did it deliberately. I did zonk out a bit at the end (i.e., snail pace the last 3 miles). I had Champagne at the finish line (3 glasses - LOL). Super excited - loved the distance, and I want to do it again. Felt great, fit and like a real runner! Hard to beat that. Think I am ready to train for the marathon I signed up for in October! :happy:

Congratulations on a job well-done! I also enjoyed the race, with a PR of 2:18:58, but you were smokin' girl - woohoo!
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Week 1: 15 miles
    Week 2: 25 miles
    Week 3: 19 miles

Total for May as of 05.20.12 = 59 miles

exercise.png
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member

Good job. Now work on building up that base mileage to 35 to 40 miles per week before your 16 week marathon specific training starts. You'll be good to go!
  • pjcapps
    pjcapps Posts: 63 Member
    sORRY THIS IS LATE DID 10 MILES LAST WEEK

TOTAL FOR THE MONTH 24
  • jeffrey2584
    jeffrey2584 Posts: 88 Member

exercise.png
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 756 Member
    I ran 8.14 miles since my last update. I probably will not make my goal this month. Looking on the bright side, my 5K race time (21:35) improved by almost a minute and a half since this time last year (22:54).

exercise.png
  • danabrash
    danabrash Posts: 67

exercise.png
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    5/21
    3 miles run total of 110 miles for the month
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    5 1/2 miles tonight, including 2 whopping hills
    Total for the month: 81.5 miles

Almost there!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    12/05/21 - 4 miles
    12/05/19 - 2miles.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    5/21- snuck in a 3.2 mile run late tonight.

exercise.png
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    5/14 - 3.2 miles + 3.4 Mile trail run = 6.6
    5/15 - 6.4 Trail run
    5/18 - 3.2 miles + 3.3 Mile Trail run= 6.5
    5/19 - 5.7 MIle trail run.

OMG if it wern't for my husband I wouldn't have made it yesterday. He actually told me "Babe, I'm walking while your running, speed it up" LOL! I Hate him. Had an 11:30 average. Considering it was single track, hilly, solid roots and rock and several creek crossings, I'm happy enough. My shins arn't. Needless to say, today was a much needed rest day. Took the motorcycle out for a much needed ride.

exercise.png
    [/url]
    [/quote]

lol. i have that kind of husband too. aren't they great! :-) mine will go for a "run" with me, but always has to run longer so he can actually break a sweat! *sigh*