Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - May Challenge!! Take 2!!

Options

Replies

• lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    This group is so dead! Where is everyone? I am super bored at work! haha

No I understand, most of you are busy making better healthier choices and becoming a better person through this journey. Not everyone has time like I do the check this thing hourly(that might be a stretch sometimes it is minutely haha) I hope everyone is having a great tuesday, I am finally out of my funk and feeling great. I had an amazing swim last night. I am so used to having a training plan and trying to follow it exactly. But last night even thought I brought an old training workout, I decided to just wing it. It felt great! It was amazing the muscle memory stuck and It felt natural to swim. I got in around 40 minutes and around 1650 yards. I feel so accomplished and healthy. Now if I can lost the extra pounds I gained over this last year I would be in even better shape! Onward and downward people!

-Aly
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Eleanoreb- Do not do anything careless or stupid before the marathon and just do the best that I can.
    enewsome2- Stay under my calories every day and log religiously. Eat back half to all of my exercise calories. Keep a positive outlook and remember- I can do this! :)
    awyler- eat paleo 28 out of the 31 days in may.
    MissGolightly727(Emily) - Get out of the 160s and STAY THERE, run 3 times a week(distance doesn't matter) in the mornings(I am not a morning person, so this one might be a stretch, but hey, dream big), log everything that goes into my mouth(thatswhatshesaid), class at the gym at least once a week, and (just for Meag) be the social butterfly I know I can by going out with friends at least once a week.
    JMSKCW- 1300 minutes of exercise, 4 lbs lost. Keepin' it simple this month! Also, I am going to look into to starting the New Rules of Lifting for Women.
    caitwinmary: lose 8lbs this month, increase my weekly running mileage, do yoga at least once a week, work on my speed to improve my 5k time.
    rlwinton: My goals would be to lose three lbs and run three times a week for 20 minutes or longer. I would also want to maintain my goals of working out five days a week, doing strength training 4x a week and eating around 1650 calories a day.
    ashka86- Find new exercises that have a lesser impact on my knees and enjoy doing them! Oh and lose 5lbs
    Maystar80--Got to fuel my workouts so I can be strong! So, eat approximately 2000 calories of nutritious, good-for-my-body food every day. Log everything I eat and don't eat anything I can't log (i.e. no eating while standing! It's in the habit, and its a bad bad habit). Drink alcohol only once/week and keep it under 300 calories. Stick to my 6 days/week training plan: Monday and Wednesday-wrestling and p90x weights; Tuesday and Thursday-run in the mornings and spin class in the afternoon; Saturday- short, race pace run; Sunday- long run; Yoga- 30+min 2x/week. Abstain from the scale and tape measure and check in on June 1st. Will be happy w/the results and reassess then!
    cmg2008: Continue to train for the Warrior Dash June 2nd. Start getting back into the habit of logging my calories again. Start eating healthier again.
    ksullins07-10 lbs!! I wanna lose it! I want it gone!!!
    Get into DAILY exercise routine..I have days where I do and days where I don't! I need to do SOMETHING everyday!!!
    Lostalykat- Track my food at least 6 days a week, Follow my new fitbit and try to get all my activity for the day(after my foot heals that is), Lose at least 3lbs from my WI on Friday of this week, Either hit the gym, run or do yoga 4 x a week.
    Meagalayne- Find my love for running again, without necessarily sticking to a schedule; enjoy fitness often but not in lieu of social outings with potential friends; eat well and mindfully at every opportunity - listen to your body and eat when you're hungry; drink more water than coffee; yoga or spin every week; finish your current book and start reading Born to Run; and book your next adventure! Oh - and don't weigh again until the end of the month - your body and mind just need a break!
    fitontherun (Chinwe) - Continue to monitor IT band recovery by cutting back on running and starting up cross-training (spin, pilates, weight training). Trouble shoot on what's causing the recurrent knee/hip injuries. Drop 2 pounds. Decide on when to start Turbo Fire or a Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid. Survive finals week. Stick to a strict MCAT study schedule.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia): Weight train 3-4 times per week, take 1-2 days off for recovery, run 2-3xs, not training now so these will be more fun/hill runs, run the hill stairs 1-2xs, keep hydrating feel, sleep more, continue reading "The new Rules of Lifting for Women", increase my lifting weight and push ups, and last but not least stay on top of my HW only have 3 weeks left of school
    Abby459 - Increase water intake and decrease sodium intake. Log EVERYTHING and stay under cals everyday (2 days off). Run 3 days/week and cross train. Train and PR in the Delaware Marathon on May 13th (4 people 6.22 miles each).
    lalonmeg000 (Meghan)- do something active everyday, drink 3 nalgen water bottles, eat 2 meals and all snacks at home a day, tell myself something positive each day
    abbiez- Spinning 2x a week, 30 DS everyday, TRACK ALL FOOD, lose 5lbs!
    ebonijo2: Run/walk the stairs at my job during lunch instead of watching netflix at least 5-3 times during the week. Monitor my calories more consistently. Beat my family members in our weight lose challenge.
    Mrscnicole2012: Track everything I eat EVERY single day; workout 6 days a week for at least 6 hours total per week; stay under calories every day; lose at least 2 lbs per week!

Totally new to this, so hope that I've done it right!!

Hey all, I'm Michelle (most people do just call me Squidgey though! Not so squidgey these days :-D) and my goals for May are:

Cut down on carbs, get to my next MG of 153Ibs and survive Turbo Fire 6 days a week!!

How is everyones week going??
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Aly - We just have to keep bumping and posting. It's like a snowball effect. The more we post and encourage, the more activity we'll see on the forum :bigsmile:

Hi Squidgey! I'll just add you to the list - Welcome!

Eleanoreb- Do not do anything careless or stupid before the marathon and just do the best that I can.
    enewsome2- Stay under my calories every day and log religiously. Eat back half to all of my exercise calories. Keep a positive outlook and remember- I can do this! :)
    MissGolightly727(Emily) - Get out of the 160s and STAY THERE, run 3 times a week(distance doesn't matter) in the mornings(I am not a morning person, so this one might be a stretch, but hey, dream big), log everything that goes into my mouth(thatswhatshesaid), class at the gym at least once a week, and (just for Meag) be the social butterfly I know I can by going out with friends at least once a week.
    JMSKCW- 1300 minutes of exercise, 4 lbs lost. Keepin' it simple this month! Also, I am going to look into to starting the New Rules of Lifting for Women.
    caitwinmary: lose 8lbs this month, increase my weekly running mileage, do yoga at least once a week, work on my speed to improve my 5k time.
    rlwinton: My goals would be to lose three lbs and run three times a week for 20 minutes or longer. I would also want to maintain my goals of working out five days a week, doing strength training 4x a week and eating around 1650 calories a day.
    ashka86- Find new exercises that have a lesser impact on my knees and enjoy doing them! Oh and lose 5lbs
    Maystar80--Got to fuel my workouts so I can be strong! So, eat approximately 2000 calories of nutritious, good-for-my-body food every day. Log everything I eat and don't eat anything I can't log (i.e. no eating while standing! It's in the habit, and its a bad bad habit). Drink alcohol only once/week and keep it under 300 calories. Stick to my 6 days/week training plan: Monday and Wednesday-wrestling and p90x weights; Tuesday and Thursday-run in the mornings and spin class in the afternoon; Saturday- short, race pace run; Sunday- long run; Yoga- 30+min 2x/week. Abstain from the scale and tape measure and check in on June 1st. Will be happy w/the results and reassess then!
    cmg2008: Continue to train for the Warrior Dash June 2nd. Start getting back into the habit of logging my calories again. Start eating healthier again.
    Get into DAILY exercise routine..I have days where I do and days where I don't! I need to do SOMETHING everyday!!!
    Lostalykat- Track my food at least 6 days a week, Follow my new fitbit and try to get all my activity for the day(after my foot heals that is), Lose at least 3lbs from my WI on Friday of this week, Either hit the gym, run or do yoga 4 x a week.
    Meagalayne- Find my love for running again, without necessarily sticking to a schedule; enjoy fitness often but not in lieu of social outings with potential friends; eat well and mindfully at every opportunity - listen to your body and eat when you're hungry; drink more water than coffee; yoga or spin every week; finish your current book and start reading Born to Run; and book your next adventure! Oh - and don't weigh again until the end of the month - your body and mind just need a break!
    fitontherun (Chinwe) - Continue to monitor IT band recovery by cutting back on running and starting up cross-training (spin, pilates, weight training). Trouble shoot on what's causing the recurrent knee/hip injuries. Drop 2 pounds. Decide on when to start Turbo Fire or a Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid. Survive finals week. Stick to a strict MCAT study schedule.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia): Weight train 3-4 times per week, take 1-2 days off for recovery, run 2-3xs, not training now so these will be more fun/hill runs, run the hill stairs 1-2xs, keep hydrating feel, sleep more, continue reading "The new Rules of Lifting for Women", increase my lifting weight and push ups, and last but not least stay on top of my HW only have 3 weeks left of school
    Abby459 - Increase water intake and decrease sodium intake. Log EVERYTHING and stay under cals everyday (2 days off). Run 3 days/week and cross train. Train and PR in the Delaware Marathon on May 13th (4 people 6.22 miles each).
    lalonmeg000 (Meghan)- do something active everyday, drink 3 nalgen water bottles, eat 2 meals and all snacks at home a day, tell myself something positive each day
    ebonijo2: Run/walk the stairs at my job during lunch instead of watching netflix at least 5-3 times during the week. Monitor my calories more consistently. Beat my family members in our weight lose challenge.
    Mrscnicole2012: Track everything I eat EVERY single day; workout 6 days a week for at least 6 hours total per week; stay under calories every day; lose at least 2 lbs per week!
    Squidgeypaws0- Cut down on carbs, get to my next MG of 153Ibs and survive Turbo Fire 6 days a week!!

So far, my week's had a few ups and downs! Monday was ROUGH but today I did a little better at keeping myself happy. I took a few moments to really just be "quiet" with myself at work. I didn't manage a break, but I did steal a few moments to myself. Better than nothing.

I also managed to really upset Tyler with an email and phone call, after he really frustrated the hell out of me. :grumble: I'm not sure what to do about that but I'm not worrying about it today! I had a great spin yesterday and a nice 4.6mile run today. No complaints there! Full body massage on order tomorrow after work and I am in need of some relaxation. Should be good for the mind and soul :happy:

Have a great night loves!:heart:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sounds like your week is progressing nicely Meag! A full body massage?? super jealous! XD
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Full body massage sounds amaze! I need one of those! Yesterday was crazy, Ill be back with an update on my foot in a little bit!

-Aly
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Hey There peeps! So I went to the Dr yesterday and they said I have a sprain and I have developed plantar fasciitis from walking weird on the sprain. They gave me a pretty intense foot brace and told me to make sure I do these stretches to help with the PF. I did get the OK to do anything that isn't running as long as it does not hurt my foot. With that in mind and a few other reasons I have decided to tackle New Rules of Lifting for Women, I bought the book a while ago and never followed through on the program. I figure since I really only want to lose about 10-15lbs a weight training program combined with cardio is the way to go for me. I am excited to give it a try.
    This week has been good regarding my calories, I am loving the fitbit. Even though I have a hard time getting all my steps in it really puts things in perspective. It keeps me mindful all the time! My WI day is friday and I am hoping for a loss this week. Tonight Jason and I are most likely going to go for a bike ride, if for some reason he bails I will go do day 1 of NROLFW. So far so good this week... now if I could only figure out what to do with all my downtime at work my day would go faster!

-Aly
  • juliewiegand
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I am on day 2 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred so my main goal for the rest of May would be to complete it! With no breaks :)
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Meag- thanks for the words of encouragment. Yes this has been the year from hell, between my wreck and multiple family stressors I am a little tired lol. My sister is doing better, but she isn't expected to stay with us much longer. I did my fair share of crying but I want her to be pain free and right now she is, which is giving me comfort. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts, and for always being here! And you are so right, 5 min of positivity can change an entire day. As for you: I think social weekends are a must! And you HAVE been leading by example and still are! You created this group and have helped so many Twentie-somethings, you deserve a beer filled weekend ;)

abbiez- great goals! I did 30 day shred for a few weeks and really liked it! Let me know what you think of it.

abellone- England for the summer sounds like a blast!!! Sometimes we don't always meet our goals, but don't take is as a failure because you didn't fail! You are getting right back in the game which is a sucess.

cynthia- thanks! Glad to be back here, I have missed y'all! Way to kiss some major a**! Only 1 more pound till goal weight!? That is so great and you have so much to be proud of!!!

Aly- sorry to hear about your losses this past year. I understand how emotionally taxing that can be. Glad you are feeling better from the shrimp though and got a bike ride in! And I used to check this place by the minute too, until corporate blocked ALL social media sites...I beg to argue that this is healthy lifestyle choices and I should get a better rate on my insurance ;)

AFM: I am so happy to be back! A little disapointed that all my hard work in Janurary and February has...i dont want to say gone to waste, because it certainly isnt that...but mmmm...sad that lifes giant speed bump caused me to fall off a while. My goal in January was to be at my goal size by the end of this month. I am not too far off (about 2 more sizes) though.

As for my sister, she should get to come home this weekend which is bitter sweet. The doctors don't really think she has very long with us...maybe 6 months? year tops? I am not really sure how I am handeling it. Very frustrated I guess.

I am trying to stay positive and get back to my old eat and exercise habits. I am going to focus on cleaning up my diet for the rest of the week. My body is exhausted both physically and mentally and I think working out would honestly just discourage me. I know my body isnt up for much of anything. Monday though it is hard core DCC (dallas cowboy cheerleader) style workouts lol I have actually really missed them.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful wednesday!

-meghan
  • emilyc314
    emilyc314 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

emilyc314: I hope it is not too late to join the May challenge! It is May 9th so I am a little bit behind the 8 ball but better late than never! My May goals are: a) cut out munching (4 wheat thins, 1 hershey kiss, things I don't think "count" and don't write down) b) 1 class at the gym once a week c) maintain running 12 miles a week minimum d) gain 4 new friends on myfitnesspal (add me!) e) loose 3 pounds
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Squidgeypaws0- Cut down on carbs, get to my next MG of 153Ibs and survive Turbo Fire 6 days a week!!
    emilyc314: I hope it is not too late to join the May challenge! It is May 9th so I am a little bit behind the 8 ball but better late than never! My May goals are: a) cut out munching (4 wheat thins, 1 hershey kiss, things I don't think "count" and don't write down) b) 1 class at the gym once a week c) maintain running 12 miles a week minimum d) gain 4 new friends on myfitnesspal (add me!) e) loose 3 pounds

This should clean up the list, and Juliewiegand- It is definitely not too late to join. Check out the beginning of the thread to see how to add your goals.

I hope everyone is having a good day, I am starting to go stir crazy! I already ate my lunch at 11am, I think I need to start eating bigger breakfasts, I find that I am getting hungry more often and earlier when I don't. I have been getting extra sleep and not getting up early enough to really make a good oatmeal, or eggs. Such is life. I think its walk time.

-Aly
  • juliewiegand
    Options
    juliewiegand - To complete Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred with no days off (& no pausing the video) would be my #1 goal! And to start running at least 2-3 miles a day to prepare for my 1st 10K on June 3 & 1st Mud Run June 23!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    not much time/energy to update but just wanted to share this video- love it!!

http://www.jest.com/video/169131/nike-talk-about-running-watch
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    No energy left for today but I will update tomorrow!! Its Mexican Mothers day mañana :bigsmile: so I will be visiting the grandma and spend some time with her but i will update once I get home, hope you ladies have a great night and even better Thursday! Time to unwind and continue reading NROLFW! Good night ladies kick some *kitten* tomorrow! Cynthia! :yawn:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I'm in the same boat... This week is just nonsense and I have no time/energy to update, but I am happy to see all the posts! I was up early today to get in my 4 miles and am happy to report that with a VERY rocky start to my week, I have turned things around emotionally :happy: Just happy the week is nearing a close.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful Thursday :heart:
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Meag- Glad the last half the of the week turned around for you. Sometimes we just have to push through the rough stuff.

Happy Friday Eve everyone! I am in a great mood and have had a really good week health wise, I hope to see that reflect on the scale tomorrow hehe. I am starting to feel like my foot is getting back to normal, but I am trying to not push it at the same time. I am torn about physical therapy because I really feel like it is getting better, but I keep telling myself that I am an athlete and I need to at least get the ok to go running from a dr. I have my appt next Thursday so I am hoping for the best. I tried to not wear my foot brace walking to work this morning but I had to stop and put it on because it started hurting, so maybe it is a good idea to see a PT.

Tonight will be day 1 of NROLFW I am excited to start again and now I have an end goal of my wedding so I think it will be easier to stick to it. I am also not training for any races which was what made me fall off before. Last night I went on an evening bike ride with my fiance and it was really nice. We rode for about 45 mins or so and it was great to get outside.

In an effort to not feel starving all day long, I made sure to have a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. I have been trying to cut back on carbs and get more protein but the oatmeal I had was gluten free and had 7 grams of protein, weird. It was tasty and should hold me over at least until my mid day snack.

I hope more people update and become active in the group, I am starting to feel like a lone soldier over here LOL. Have a great day!

-Aly
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    Aly: Please let me know how NROLFW is! I need to start incorporating weights into my routine!

Meghan: I hope everything works out for you. Having a sick family member is tough.

AFM: I started my summer job back up after being off for the better part of the school year. I forgot how taxing it can be, I was absolutely wore out after working a 6 hour shift :noway: Like the rest of you ladies i have had no energy to go out and do something :frown: but hopefully that will change once i get myself into more of a routine. Im gonna go try and get a small workout in before i'm off to work in a couple hours.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!
    -Courtney
  • qwerty07
    qwerty07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    juliewiegand - To complete Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred with no days off (& no pausing the video) would be my #1 goal! And to start running at least 2-3 miles a day to prepare for my 1st 10K on June 3 & 1st Mud Run June 23!
    Qwerty07- Run two 10-15 miles runs this month. Do not go over calories for the rest of the month.

Hey ladies! I am joining super late- moving has kept me really busy the first half of this month...although it has also lead to some stress eating. BUT that is ending now (what's that saying "the puck stops here? lol) and last month I really believe I was succesful at achieving my goals because of all the support from this group!
    I'm keeping my goals for the rest of this month super simple- too much overthinking makes me want to give up! And I NEED to start doing some longer runs so I'm prepared for my first full marathon in October.
    So excited to be back on board!
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Happy Friday Friends! I started NROLFW and I am already excited. I just need to make sure I don't fall off the wagon. It is kind of crazy to think that all the cardio I was doing was counter intuitive but hey Ill try this for a while and see how it goes. I woke up this morning and lost 2.5lbs! That was awesome I think I need to revise my goals to losing 5 pounds this month so I will update the list accordingly. I have a busy weekend of volunteering for a 5k race for young girls, then on Sunday looking for wedding accessories and dresses for my various wedding related events. Ill come update as soon as stuff starts going down.

Lostalykat- Track my food at least 6 days a week, Follow my new fitbit and try to get all my activity for the day(after my foot heals that is), Lose at least 5lbs from my WI on Friday of this week, putting me at 175ish, Either hit the gym, run or do yoga 4 x a week.
    Qwerty07- Run two 10-15 miles runs this month. Do not go over calories for the rest of the month.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hi ladies... Sorry I've been swamped lately and unable to keep up :ohwell: Today is really no different. I spent 2 hours this morning attending a race and volunteering as an ambassador, another hour running, and I'm just now getting ready to head out and run an errand and then meet up with a potential new friend for a cold beer on a patio.

My run today was great but boy is it hot in the sun! I adore it! Yay for summer returning! :drinker: I just ran what felt good and ended up comfortable about a 9:32 pace for 60 minutes, so that's not too shabby.

Thanks for posting the goals list again Aly. I have definitely failed on a few of mine but I some others I am working hard at. Feels good to re-evaluate. I'll keep them for now and just see how she goes this month!

Aly- Congrats on the loss and happy to hear that NROLFW is having such a positive effect on your attitude and your weight loss! You used to do quite a bit of strength work when you were training for tris, no? I thought I remembered you being a BAMF in the gym, but perhaps I'm wrong... Either way I love a woman that lifts! Kudos girl! I wish I could get into it... I know it's something I really need to work on!

Qwerty- Welcome back ! Better late than never my dear. Congrats on the move and good luck with your LSD's - I am sure you'll knock em out of the park. Just be prepared and enjoy the miles!

Courtney- What's your summer job? Physical jobs sure can really take it out of you. But it's just a matter of getting used to it again, I'm sure. As the summer progresses I am sure you'll get back into the rhythm of it and it won't be quite as exhausting. At least I hope so. Active work is like a double edged sword... exhausting but a great way to kill two birds with one stone. You get your workout in AND you get paid! :wink: Not a bad gig if you ask me!

Anyway I've gotta run. I had a complete meltdown at work again yesterday and need to get myself back on track. Making a nice Mother's Day breakfast for mi madre tomorrow and then hoping to work it off at the gym :laugh: We shall see! Hope you lovelies have a great day and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to those of you raising little ones, as well. Have an extra special day tomorrow :heart:
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    Hey ladies, I'm updating from my new iPad and I absolutely love it!!! Had the day off from work today so I finally got to relax :happy: also got a run in which felt amazing!!! Especially since its 60 out instead of 80! Running in the heat gets me every time.

Meag: I work at Sam's Club. So there is a lot of running around the store, lifting heavy items. It's not too demanding but after sitting in a classroom for 9 months its takin a little bit of time to get back into the swing of things.

Keep up the great work ladies!!
    Courtney