HELP! Females only please!! =)

Options
124»

Replies

• TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Often chocolate cravings are a magnesium deficiency. You may try taking a supplement (or extra supplement) just before time your cravings usually start. It works for me.

Bumping this for later!
  • sashatranett
    Options
    i definitely crave chocolate when im on my cycle. in fact, thats how i know when its about to start, haha. blue bunny brand (sold at most grocery stores) and aldi has a generic brand, both sell low calorie fudge bars. i actually prefer the ones from aldi, i think they have more of a chocolate flavor. the blue bunny is 35 cals and the aldi generic brand is 50 cals
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I use my Chocolate Shakeology and make myself a treat. Frozen
    It's low Cal and taste really good I have added chopped nuts or even a couple berrys on top.
    Kinda works in a 2 fold way. satisfy's the cravings for the immediate issues and long term helps to reduce them
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Just throwing this out there for you gum chewers...

My nutritionist told me years ago that when you chew gum, you're teasing your belly...all that chewing gets your stomach excited that it's getting ready to be fed. The stomach actually kicks in to the beginning phases of digestion...and then when it gets nothing (because you're likely done chewing the gum and spit it out after a while), it gets really irritated and WANTS to be fed, then sending signals to your brain that you better put something in it soon. Impulsive and overeating is highest at this point.

I can't chew gum anymore for this reason. There's nothing as powerful against willpower as an unhappy and hungry stomach!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I get "eat everything is sight" cravings.

Ha! me too! When I start reverting to my old ways I know my Woman's Time is near. My best method is to "avoid eye contact," if you can't see it, you can prevent yourself from eating it. Theoretically anyway lol
    That is how I know to check the calendar and the cupboard for necessaries. I try to go outside and do something, because I know in 2-3 days I will just want to be a slacker. If it is at night I read a book, I don't crave as much food when I am reading vs. watching the TV.
  • Mustlovepugs11
    Options
    I get a salty and then a sweet craving! My go to is usually a bag of kettle cooked chips and then anything CHOCOLATE! :love: Chocolate is my one weakness but having those things every once in a while is not going to kill me!
  • BaldyLover
    BaldyLover Posts: 26
    Options
    It's usually Maccy D's large fries for me but I always resist. I'm one of the lucky ones in that I never get PMT or anything - I just get a bit dafter than normal
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like low cal/sugar free hot chocolate. I think it's only 25 calories for a cup. It's really satisfying for me.
  • sexycute
    sexycute Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I get "eat everything is sight" cravings.

THIS. I can eat non stop and never be 'full'...
    I second this. I really need food rehab during my time of the month. It's like I can eat a horse (a sugar-coated one preferably) and still WANT to eat more.

Sugar-coated horse...I love it! LOL!