Around 5'1 females:

Options

Replies

• meidson
    meidson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Classyandra,
    I can answer your question about smaller ladies that may have a harder time losing weight. The answer is 'yes' and I know this from years of experience of trying to control my weight. I am 5'1" and my BMR is just over one thousand calories per day. That doesn't give me many more calories to eat without gaining weight. The answer for me has been to exercise every day to burn calories and this allows me to be able to eat more than 1,200 per day. If one goes under 1,200 calories per day, the body goes into starvation mode and will not lose weight. So if I burn 500 calories per day by exercise, I can lose one pound per week because 7 x 500 = 3,500. To lose one pound of body weight, one must have a deficit of 3,500 calories.
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    I am 5'1 Currently 119. Anywhere between 115 and 120 is fine with me =)
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    im 5'2 and i want to get around 120-126...need to lose around 40 pounds
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    5ft 106lbs

would like to be around 100ish
    dont mind though if the scales dont move, im more bothered about measurements
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i am 5'1". Goal weight is roughly 125lbs. I really dont care if i end up at 115 or 135 though, so long as i am healthy, fit, lean, etc. The ultimate number is somewhat irrelevant.
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and would like to be around 120. If you are looking to gain muscle, I would say you might want to stay where you are and just focus on gaining the muscle. I've noticed my weight loss has slowed considerably since I started focusing on weight loss, but the inches are still coming off and things are definitely tightening in the right places. According to my BF %, I now need to lose less to get to my BF% goal. So, you may find the same for yourself.

Thank you for the tip!
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm 5-1 and I'd like to be 115, I'm currently 140. May I ask how many calories you are eating to get to your goal? I heard that smaller ladies may have a harder time? Didn't know if it was true. I was 115 before getting prgnant with my daughter and would love to get back there!

At the moment I am eating around 1500 a day, a little more or less depending on the day!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and am 106 lbs. After I do a half marathon this weekend I'm going back to strength training and hope to slowly gain a few pounds of muscle.
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im just 5'2 currently 125lbs, before i had my daughter i was around 120lbs, 5lbs isnt much but i can sure tell the difference in my clothes and i never had a belly before! Its mainly my hips that are the problem but i guess they are bigger for carrying a baba =] x
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    5'3 123lbs

my goal weight is 115-110lbs
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm just a bit under 5'2. I weigh around 128 right now. Sometimes I get down to 125 if I eat 1,200 calories daily and workout, running 6 miles and doing BodyPump every day for like a week haha. It's hard to maintain that! I'd love to weigh around 120 or 115 but right now I'd be happy to just have a flat tummy because I'm quite hippy (38 inch hips) so that's where a lot of my weight is but I actually don't mind it!
  • jet221
    jet221 Posts: 70
    Options
    5'1 and currently at 132. It's funny because when i was 116, i thought I was huge and wanted to be around 108. I gained weight and now I am dying to get back to being 116. It is tough! Goal weight is about 120....:)
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" and I'm right around 120 (I believe.. I don't weigh, because I don't want to be fixated on a number). Right now, I would like to swap out a couple more lbs of fat for muscle. I don't have a gym membership and do all my working out at home, or walking during lunch. I'm pretty good with my cardio, but really lacking in strength training.. I really need to shift my focus to that.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You all are making me feel so fat! lol! I'm about 5ft. My goal weight is 150, a toned 150. My starting weight was 260. I'm at 208 now.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 my weight is 115 to 118
    I try to stay there.
    I am 59 years old though.
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would like to get down to 120-125 but my body doesn't cooperate.
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" and my gw is 115#. I know I can get below that, but that is not something I can maintain without being obsessive. So, I think 115# is good.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 130. I like my curves and that's where I think I will feel most comfortable.

Mad props to you on your 114 lb loss. That's truely awesome! Congrats!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1.25" and at my highest (except when pregnant) was at 135. I got down to 125 last August and am fairly happy with where I'm at as far as my weight, although I wouldn't mind losing up to 5 more lbs. I am focusing on toning right now so going more by
    measurements than weight. A an adult, I was always around 100-110 until I hit my mid 30's and after 3 kids my shape has changed a bit. I wouldn't want to be that skinny anymore.
  • lizct16
    lizct16 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am 5 feet and my goal weight is 123. I'm at 131 now, and I don't seem to be budging off this number!! So frustrating!