Best exercise for butt and under...

Options

Replies

• chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Squats + Deadlifts is just about full body lifting. You use almost everything to execute these lifts properly.

Squat *kitten* are God's gift to the world.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Do a Youtube search for 'Butt Bible' - it's complete thigh/bum workout (including squats, lunges etc) and boy, does it burn!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing! I pinned this on my fitness board on Pinterest so I can go back to it later.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges are killer for the butt and legs but what I found really sculpted my backside and removed all of my cellulite was deadlifts. I do one legged w/ dumbbells, regular with a barbell, sumo with a barbell, and stiff legged with dumbbells. I also do hamstring curls on the machine. I lift as heavy as I can to only get to 8-10 reps on those, and they KILL! I do them twice a week, and my hammies are very sculpted and smooth right up to under my glutes. :smile:
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    Squats and lunges are killer for the butt and legs but what I found really sculpted my backside and removed all of my cellulite was deadlifts. I do one legged w/ dumbbells, regular with a barbell, sumo with a barbell, and stiff legged with dumbbells. I also do hamstring curls on the machine. I lift as heavy as I can to only get to 8-10 reps on those, and they KILL! I do them twice a week, and my hammies are very sculpted and smooth right up to under my glutes. :smile:

Love the deadlift and am curious about the combination of your set listed above. How often do you do these?
  • LOLTrish
    LOLTrish Posts: 37
    Options
    Make sure you squat the right way. The first time I tried squats I pulled my Quadricep muscles, stage 2. I could hardly walk for several days. All the videos in the world make it look so easy but if you've never done one before you can really hurt yourself.
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Pilates and the Bar Method workouts. I know Pilates or a Ballet style workout don't look like much but give it a try. I promise you will feel it in your rear.. I swear sometimes after my Pilates class I feel like I cant sit down because my butt is so sore!!!
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Pre-fatiguing the quadriceps will help isolate the glutes better too. :)

I have no idea what that means LOL
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Love the deadlift and am curious about the combination of your set listed above. How often do you do these?

BUMP for answers
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Squats!!! Lunges, hip raises &leg press!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Squats
  • dmf80
    dmf80 Posts: 60
    Options
    My trainer calls them "Bavarians" but they may go be another name. You stand in front of a bench with dumbbells in hand. Extend your leg back and place it up on the bench (shoe laces down). Then do a squat using your front leg (making sure your knee stays over you heel). Adjust the weight to your ability. Then switch legs. Lookout!!!!! The next day you'll be a bit sore.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts are the key to a killer rear end!

Not sure about the back of your legs. Other than the machines that have you doing what look like curls with the weight on your heels, I don't know of an exercise that specifically targets those muscles. You don't need a lot of strength there, though (when's the last time you had to pick up something heavy with your feet? For heavy work, legs are for pushing).; walking and running should tone that area well enough.
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Squats, good mornings, weighted hyper extensions, Dead lifts and Straight Leg Dead lifts (romanian deads). You can also use the standing and lying leg curl machines.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    My trainer calls them "Bavarians" but they may go be another name. You stand in front of a bench with dumbbells in hand. Extend your leg back and place it up on the bench (shoe laces down). Then do a squat using your front leg (making sure your knee stays over you heel). Adjust the weight to your ability. Then switch legs. Lookout!!!!! The next day you'll be a bit sore.

bulgarian split squats :)

Agree with all of the above except for the bit about not using weights because you'll get massive :tongue:

Also, http://bretcontreras.com/2012/04/a-strong-booty-is-a-healthy-booty/
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    SQUATS!!!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    lunges, squats, kettlebell swings.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Just squats? I thought they worked the front of the legs?
    The deeper you go the more glutes and hamstrings get involved. I would also suggest Deadlifts and Stiff legged deadlifts.
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    beach body brazil butt lift!
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yup. I concur on the squats. Squats are the king of all lifts. Just make sure you go to at least parallel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnV7vEi7Sz8&feature=relmfu

Here is a good link on the break down of the squat.

Please don't listen to this kid. parallelism is a joke. squat like you're pooping in the woods. chest up butt down knees out.