Ladies-Your Favorite Protein Powder?

Options
HMVOL7409
HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
Alright so I need to start back on having a daily protein drink bc I'm not consuming enough protein especially the days I'm in school/clinical for 8+ hours. I've tried my husbands; nasty and I didn't care for the caloric count. I use to drink them in the past but I'm sure theres something now that taste better and is not full of sugar etc. What do you ladies suggest?

Replies

• mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I have Designer Whey Protein in Chocolate. Use it if I want to not add much carbs/fat to my diary.

My treat, Eggnog flavored Muscle Milk. *drool*
  • Shells06
    Shells06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this as well.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Now Sports - Whey Protein Isolate - Natural Unflavored, 1 scoop 103 cal 25g protein, 1 carb
    (no artificial flavors, or sweeteners so you can add it in anything)

I had a scoop today in a glass of water with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • C4r4W4de
    C4r4W4de Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use EAS = 130 calories and 23 grams of protein per scoop. Or Pure Protein = 140 calories and 25 grams of protein per scoop. I make my shake with 1/2 cup skim milk (adds 45 calories and 4 grams of protein) and 5-6 ice cubes. I mix it all up in my magic bullet and drink it after I run or work out in the morning. It's not totally delicious or crave-worthy, but I like the flavor and you like it more and more with time. It's a good way to start the day with less than 200 calories and almost 30 grams of protein. BTW, they suggest eating 30 grams of protein within the first 30 minutes of waking up in order to help with hunger and cravings throughout the day. I don't get my shake consumed in the first 30 minutes since I run first thing in the morning, but I do make it after my work-out and drink it while I'm getting ready in the morning. Then I eat a little more protein for breakfast. Such as an egg or greek yogurt. I have noticed a difference in my hunger since I started with more protein in the morning.
  • Nurse_krissy
    Nurse_krissy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love the brand Nectar. They have all kinds of fruit flavors (strawberry kiwi and lemonade are my fav) in addition to the traditional choc or van. 1 full scoop is 100 cal, 25g protein, 0 carbs. Very reasonably priced, too. I get mine at Maxx Nutrition which is a locally owned store in my area, but I'm sure you can find it online.

Make sure you use a shaker. If you just stir any protein powder, it doesn't seem to dissolve right and the texture is nasty.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I am trying to up my protein! Bump and keep it coming!!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey in the Double Rich Chocolate flavor. It's delicious!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey in the Double Rich Chocolate flavor. It's delicious!
    ^^^^^This one is yummy too, tastes like hot coco. & no sweeteners
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey in the Double Rich Chocolate= 130calories 24g protein, 5carb
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have only tried the Jillian Michaels one in chocolate, it's 100 calories, 15g protein, it's decent tasting. I like to add in PB2 chocolate peanut butter powder to add some more flavor.
  • luvnlife6
    luvnlife6 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Very good question. I was wondering the same thing.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Another vote for this. But, for me, any flavor
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Brand new favorite for me: Pride Nutrition ISO-Respect Vanilla

Tastes just like a root beer float when mixed with just water. No need to add any extras.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'll have to check all these out and see what looks best. :)
  • soontobesexyone
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth and I am very picky so if it doesn't taste good I'm not gonna do it or eat it.

So with that said - I have a BIG weight loss goal and I am working out about 4-6 hours a day depending on the day 6 days a week. Which means I needed to add liquid protein into my diet as well. My trainer suggested protein shakes which frankly all tasted nasty to me. however, the one I finally settled on was one of my one making.

vitamin worlds whey isolate - fruit punch flavor - I then add in 1 of the sugar free hawiian punch drink packets (only 30 calories). the ones you add to water.

it tastes just like your drinking hawiian punch and not a protein shake!!!
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    I get a jug from GNC of the amplified wheybolic!!! It's amazing, been using the chocolate flavor for a year now mixed with skim milk with breakfast!! It tastes JUST like chocolate milk (there are other flavors). Since I am a woman, I take one scoop which is 93 calories and 20g of protein. The employee recommended that to me because I want weight loss. It keeps me full for a long time!! definitely look into that brand! :)
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Sun Warrior Raw Protein - Plant Based powder in the chocolate flavor!
  • ahartmanpt
    ahartmanpt Posts: 4
    Options
    Dymatize Whey Protein. The exercise studio I work for dedicated many hours to researching protein powders and this one came back time and time again as being one of the best. Very few ingredients (all of which you can pronounce) and LOW SUGAR! Chocolate is my personal favorite.
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    BUMP
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^This one is yummy too, tastes like hot coco. & no sweeteners
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey in the Double Rich Chocolate= 130calories 24g protein, 5carb

I use this too!
  • tianaclark
    tianaclark Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i like the Vega One in vanilla chai! Plant based protein (15g). So good with raw, unsalted creamy almond butter from trader joes, 7 frozen strawberries and I use the blue diamond almond/coconut blend= YUMMY GOODNESS! Awesome Fat Burning recipe too!