THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 21!!

Replies

• prayerfulmom sw 277/cw230.4/gw164 -1.6 this week
    ktndj82104 SW 190, CW 163, GW 140
    Crazybee - lost 7.2lb
    manda - SW198, GW 135, CW 173 = 1lbs loss (25 total lbs!)
    Lori - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 257 = a loss of 2 lbs
    adopt4 - on maintenance - staying the same
    Losingit4good- SW 215/ GW 175/ CW 219/ ACK!!!!! 4lbs gained??
    nitag - maintenance with adopt4
    cyndeebee - SW - 136 GW - 115 CW - 128 (1 pound lost)
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw181 -1.2 pounds lost

Prayerful - good job on getting thread going. WTG on the 1.6 loss. Keep up the good work and the 50 pound mark will be here soon.

ktndj82104 - welcome to the group. You will love it here.

CrazybeeRX - Good job girl. 7.2 pounds is real good .

Manda1111 - WOOHOO on the 25 pound mark. Keep it up girl.

Lorann = like the attitude. good job on the 2 pounds.

Adopt4 and Anita - good job on the maintaining. that is real important.

Cyndeebee - good job on the pound. WTG

Well after my walk last weekend I saw my weight shoot up to 188 pounds. I knew it was because of sodium so with the heat and humidity at work and drinking water all the time it helped to wash all that out of my body. My goal this week is to get back on the ball with the logging of the food. I always log the exercise but have really slacked on the food.Congratulations to everyone - losers, maintainers and gainers. Gainerscause you know where it went wrong and ready to shed that weight too. Be back in a few to tell you what I did today and I DID NOT DIE. phone ringing
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Ohhhhhh. Hurry up Indianagranny!!!!! I'm dying of curiousity!!

And congrats on the loss!!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    prayerfulmom sw 277/cw230.4/gw164 -1.6 this week
    Crazybee - lost 7.2lb
    stillkristi - SW 461 / GW 195 / CW 385 3 LBS gained (sheesh!) :embarassed:

That fell sort of flat! I would like to be able to say that its that random 5 lbs one way or the other gig, but no, I fear this is mine to own. After the weigh in from the Biggest Loser Contest at work, I had a sort of perfect storm of events that I used to give myself permission to indulge. Better to own it and get on with the course corrections. So, here is the skinny: Monday, weigh in YAY! Tuesday, audit at work, little time to prepare, a fair amount of nervous eating. Tuesday evening and night, spur of the moment trip out of town - really tired at the wheel, so I got a Dr. Pepper to stay awake. And of course, you can't have Dr. Pepper without chips....... Then, Wednesday, had a luncheon meeting, so ate in a restaurant. Finished chips and Dr. Pepper. Thursday - client problems - kind of serious ones. Didn't get to eat all day, drank little water, slept poorly all week. And, finally, ate way too late. Friday, Recovery Day - spent all day in the park - eating the wrong stuff, again drinking little water, etc..... Perfect storm = 3 lbs gained. So, no excuses, just re-commitment. Prayerfulmom, (and all you all) thanks so much for your support - it will have to be next week (or the week after if the 3 lbs doesn't come right off) But, breaking the 100 pound barrier is gonna happen, and soon!

Thanks, team! :happy:
  • stillkristi
    prayerfulmom sw 277/cw230.4/gw164 -1.6 this week
    Crazybee - lost 7.2lb
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw181 -1.2 pounds lost
    lulubar-SW205/GW145/CW189=2 lbs lost
    stillkristi - SW 461 / GW 195 / CW 385 3 LBS gained (sheesh!)

Sorry, I was so long finishing that post, due to interruptions, I missed lulu and Lisa. So, here is the corrected list. Oh, and by the way - I did not change my ticker down, cuz I am anticipating it will only be a week long glitch, which as we have established, is not long enough - sort of like the ten second on the floor rule..... :laugh:

By the way, Lulu, and Cyndi, the new pics are MARVELOUS!!!!!
  • Lulu - Congratulation on the loss.

Kristi - hey girl I like the attitude Own it and correct. You have done soooooooooo good. This too will go and you will fly past the 100 pound mark. Keep up the good work.

Team I found out today I CAN WOG !!!!!!!!!!! After all the talk about LI4G flat stomach, I kept saying No I still can't do this I can't. So this morning about 4:30 am, I decided in the 74 degree heat to go for a power walk. Well I thought I will try it for just a few seconds, so I started jogging. Wow I didn't pass out have a heart attack or die. I did it in small spurts all throughout my 3 mile walk and enjoyed it tremendously. Hope to do it again in morning. This is a large victory for me as I said I will never jog. Now I just want my four grandkids close so I can jog with them. Thanks for celebrating with me. OH OH I also cut ten minutes off my 3 mile walk time.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    IG ~ That is soooooo awesome! I'm so proud of you for attempting the wog and SO VERY excited for you that you found your body really is fit enough to do it! That's fantastic:drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Kristi ~ You know, life sometimes gets in the way:ohwell: The great news is that we are in the place in this journey where we recognize the behavior, get it in check, and move on. Is your audit over?? I hope so, it's time for you to have some normalcy at work.... wait, :blushing: , normal being relative here!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!:heart:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Kristi- We all have our moments. Way to own yours and recognize the issue. :) Im with ya girl on not changing the ticker. I aint letting this 4lb problem own me... Monday it should be gone!! Thumbs up to you!!

Indiana!! WAHOOOOOO!!! Another wogger addict for the team!!! Im so proud of you!! Congrats on pushing past the "I cant do it" and saying to yourself "Im going to TRY", sometimes that is all we need to do to really be sucessful. GO YOU!!!

OK... so, I went and picked up my younger 2. My oldest went out with a friend tonight and just a couple minutes ago I was sitting on the porch talking to the other 2 when Travis said something about his bedroom. Anyway.. I asked him if he had seen Shelby's and he said "Why?? What did you do? Did you pay her back and TP it??" :bigsmile: :bigsmile: My children are so naive :devil: I said.. "yep" and he said.."So you KNOW it was her?? How did you know??" and I said.."how could I not know?" (being careful to not give it away that I wasnt 100% sure but had suspicion) He says back "Yeah, when she told me that she sat and watched her friends do the front porch but that she did the van and the car, I was pretty surprised"

SEE!! Do i know my kids or WHAT???

So... I was like "hahahaha, she is sooooooooooooo dead!!!" and they said "DONT TELL HER WE TOLD YOU!! DONT TELL HER!!! SHE WILL KILL US!!" and I said..."dont worry, she's gonna own this all on her own!"

I called her on her cell and said "You need to come home and cancel any plans you have for the remainder of the week other than working at grandma's farm" and she was like "Why?" and I said "I dont need to give you a reason, YOU ALREADY KNOW THE REASON, see you in a little while"

If I didnt already make her pee her pants, when she see's her room... she definitely will!!

:devil:
  • li4g - you are evil, I love it :devil:

Kristi - I too tend to "celebrate" or "indulge when I'm stressed". Glad your still with us.

IG - Way to go, fellow wogger! I still push myself over the "I can't" part of my walk.

No exercise for me tonight - hubby working evenings again today and tomorrow. :grumble: Only did 3 workouts this week. That's why the scale didn't move. :ohwell:

healthymom - SW208/GW150/CW178 - 0 lbs this week
  • LI4G, Healthlymom and Lulu - thank you for your praises on my wogging. It tickles me still and Lulu you said it best when you said I realized my body was fit enough to do this.

I got the three mile wog in again this morning with it being three degrees cooler. I also took 2 more minutes off my time. Gonna try it again late tonight maybe. Still just jogging in spurts - not timing anything. Maybe will start timing in a week or too. Gotta to map out a better place to do it right now.

Have a good week end everyone
  • Hey team...Sorry got to busy yesterday. Here are my results:

SW (245) GW (150) CW (234) that is a 1 lb loss this week...

I am ok with it because like I mentioned before my old capris are almost fitting...I have a feeling I am consuming to much sodium. Take care everyone....Have a great weekend.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Good morning, everyone...

Beautiful weather today, where I am. I haven't planned my day yet, but I think I'll try for a longer walk today. This is a big deal for me. This will be THREE days in a row!

Since everyone seems to be celebrating a small victory, here's mine. Some of you may recall that I had a pair of capris that didn't fit, so I decided to hang them where I can see them. That was a few weeks ago.
    Since then, not only have I been wearing them, they're actually getting loose!

So I need to root around in the closet and find something else to motivate me.

kristi...You've really opened my eyes, to the idea of tracking, and understanding, how and why we sometimes get off track. I usually have no problem identifying WHEN I fall off the wagon, but I tend to brush over the WHY...and I realize, from what you've written, that I'm not going to correct my problem eating until I take responsibility for my excuses. That will be my focus this week, I think, so thanks, Kristi...
    And I'm glad you didn't change your ticker. In a week or so, you'll need to change it to show your success! I have no doubt.

I've put myself into that "working under pressure" mode. I absolutely have to finish my display...by Monday...and I've got to put together a mini quilt, sew up some potholders...by Monday. I keep skirting around the edges of what I need to get done, but now I'm out of time.
    I thought I'd left deadlines behind, when I left the work world. Apparently not. But I only have myself to blame. I wanted my hobby-career to feel leisurely, never any pressure, but I've somehow found ways to impose deadlines on myself. Do I secretly like stress???
    Must focus on that this week, too. I need to learn how to be a relaxed person....

Everybody, enjoy your day. Congrats, Lisa, on the wogging.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi,
    Your team name caught my eye and I wanted to join. I haven't had a chance to read your posts yet but I have been on this site for a long time and it has worked for me in the past and then I kind of self destructed due to bad news about my mom. So I am trying again and wanted a place to go post my successes or just my bad days.

So when I joined I was 205, I managed to get to 160 and have been spiraling up since. Now I am 191 and my blood pressure is skyrocketing and my legs hurt, so I am trying again and I am finding it harder the second time around.

I have to go for now but will try to get to know you all slowly.
  • stillkristi
    Welcome kjllose! This is a great team. Its nice to have new folks, keeps us all fresh!

Well team, here are my goals for the next week:

1. WATER, WATER, gotta drink my water! Thats been a problem this last week.
    2. Plan meals and log everything. That, too is a place I fell down this past week.
    3. Fiber - gotta get more in the diet - gonna soak some lentils.
    4. Exercise - back on the exercise band wagon. Shooting for 4 days this week.

So, I will report in every day on these four items. If I don't, Lulu, get your slipper out! :laugh:

Take care everyone. Happy Saturday
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    I've been reading through the posts and I think a lot of us original members have been slacking a bit.. Not seeing the results we were, maybe getting a bit cozy ... I know I have been... I need to fix this ... I am hoping with the DH not going to Texas (unless he changes on me again) I will get back into a routine...

Wogging, I've tried it and should try it again, see if I like it..

It's beautiful here, I am on the front porch watching the husband dig post holes for a gate we are putting up to keep the wild horses off our property.. Love them but they poop everywhere...

Well I am off to shovel tumbleweeds... They are killin me...
  • Hi I am new, you all look like a great bunch... my story...Five years ago I lost 30+ pounds and started running and basically have kept it off...until I hit menopause...I have put on about 8 pounds and my clothes are tight, I want to get it off but it is such a struggle...eventhough I am still excercising 5-6 days a week and still running...
    Sooooo I am diving full in to my fitness pal... have used it for a while then quit, this time I thought I would try all the tools... Looking forward to chatting with you all
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Welcome kjllose & ccbressoud to a great team, I've only been here 2 weeks and I love it! :smile:

indi - congrats on the wogging.. WTG!! :flowerforyou: I'm hoping to get there soon :smile:

april - wtg on those capris ... won't be long till they are loose!

cyndee - wtg on your capris too!!

kristi - I'll be looking forward to your reports on your goals... I know you can do it!!

So this morning I had to go shopping again, after yesterday I couldn't find anything to wear I thought I better go buy a couple more things ... Today I'm going through all my clothes and get rid of everything that is big on me now ... I do not want to fit those clothes again...ever!! I'm going to take a break from walking today and instead I'm going to do a major clean up in this house ... it sooo needs it, also it's a great time to do it because it's raining here and is suppose to rain all weekend. I might as well get it done now since no one else will do it! :laugh:

You all have a great Saturday!! :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Welcom KJ & CC!! Glad you could join us!!

I definitely need to plan more meals ahead of time here. With summer here my kids are gone every other week to thier dads for a full week. It makes for a very busy summer when they are home and a very lazy one when they are not. Looking back at the past week, I had a couple days last weekend where I was struggling with the snacking. Mostly because I quit smoking, but everytime I reached for something to snack on... I was like "What are you doing!!??" and then got really lazy and said "OH WELL.. I knew this would happen".... and that was bad bad bad! By Monday I was over the muchie madness and even though I went through that, I never went above maintenence calories. Did great Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday until wednesday evening when we did the burgers and a movie. Had a giant mocha also after the burger because I was staying up late for the movie. Thursday, back on track....had horrible cravings for brownies with ice cream & hot fudge but I didnt cave in. Its amazing how junk food can make you crave MORE junk food the next day and the day after... and that is why I knew I was craving it.. so Im happy I was able to recognize that as hard as it was to admit!!

My only saving grace this last week was getting in my exercise each day, not eating above maintence and sucking down my water and it was sooooooo hard for me to do!! Im not sure WHY I am struggling now with not giving in to temptation on a regular basis and eating crap that isnt what I should be eating. I do log everthing and for a long time I was so good with what I was eating but lately if you look at my log, you'll find that almost daily... I am eating something that I shouldnt. :angry: The irritating part is... I know better!!!!!! That being said.... I am sitting down today and figuring out a game plan for the week. The whole week and THAT is what is gonna happen!!

Nita- Thanks for calling me on being lazy. It made me really look at this past week with more speculation and see the area's that I am slacking and say "HEY!! KNOCK IT OFF!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM YOU SLACKER!!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I REALLY appreciate it when someone calls me on my bull, especially when I know its there and am finding a way to justify it or am just having trouble admitting it to begin with.

On the daughter TP saga- She LOVED her room!! I was already in bed when she got home at 11:00, so when she went into her room I heard her say "OMG!! Wow..... WOW!!! Holy moly!!!!" and then She laughed so hard!!! She came into my room and sat and talked with me for a long time. Apologized several times and told me that she told the 2 boys that helped that they better apologize because i was pretty upset. I told her that I would get even with them someday also...not to worry about it. She just got this really worried look on her face and was like "What are you going to do??" and I said.."Im not sure yet, but you'll know AFTER it happens" LOL!! I also told her that it better not ever happen again at MY house and IF it did, She better be here to clean it up!! She just kept saying... "Ok, Im sorry mom, I really am!!" I love teenagers!!
  • skymmie
    skymmie Posts: 4
    Hello,

My name is Kym and I love the idea of having daily support so you can talk to other people sharing my struggle and not get down and stop if you have a bad day. I LOVE THAT! I have never spoke with others that are working towards the same goal of being healthy and thinner. It's a private battle I have struggled with but I realize that has gotten me nowhere but into a bigger size! So I just want to make sure I have it right we weigh in o Friday's and post our update?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kym
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Hi Kym and welcome. Yes we weigh in on Friday. This Friday was my first week. The gals here are great. They make you feel welcome and they are so encouraging. They listened to me ramble on about coffee cream and it's calories LOL.

To the team: I have to brag, I am so proud of myself. I've listened to all your suggestions and a few I've heard over the years and I have tried to use those suggestions this past week and last night it really payed off. I took my gentleman friend to Applebee's for dinner last night for his birthday. We ordered the spinach and artichoke dip. I had 4 chips and MAYBE 2tbls of dip. Then I had ordered a Chicken Alfredo Bowl which is HUGE. I looked at it and visually divided it into 3rds. I made my self eat very slowly giving the food time to get to my stomach to tell me more accurately when I was full. I would eat a bite then drink a couple of drinks of water before I'd take another bite. When I let out that first sigh of "boy I am getting full" I set my fork down and pushed the plate away. I had eaten only 1/3 of the meal! I was so thrilled to have to ask for a takehome box!!!!!

Usually I wolf down food because I am hungry or in a hurry and about 10 minutes later I am so over full I am uncomfortable. I started this week eating slowly and putting my fork down between bites and when I ate things like beans I would only put 2 on the fork and eat it slowly. This seems to be working for me and helping me stay within the calories. My addiction to being online helps me too because it makes me come on here and log my food and I can't wait to read what everyone i saying so I am reading instead of eating and a soon as I want to eat I grab the laptop and see if it fits into my calories. I love it!

Today is actually my first full week I started on a Saturday. If I could have weighed in today I would have gotten to say I lost 11 lbs!! I just hope I can still report that come this Friday.

I am so proud of all of you for your success and for owning your bad weeks. We all have up and downs and being able to see how we react to the downs help us learn and move forward. Learning to not make excuses is such a growth success! Thanks for sharing your ups and downs with all of us so we can grow with you.

I have a busy weekend. Today I have to go buy food and a birthday gift for my grand daughters party tomorrow. I need to look for new work shoes and seat cushions for my lawn chairs. I was also going to look ino buying Acai berry which is supposed to help you lose weight faster and be healthy for you too. I'll check in with you girls later. Have a great day and weekend.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Hi Kym and welcome. Yes we weigh in on Friday. This Friday was my first week. The gals here are great. They make you feel welcome and they are so encouraging. They listened to me ramble on about coffee cream and it's calories LOL.

To the team: I have to brag, I am so proud of myself. I've listened to all your suggestions and a few I've heard over the years and I have tried to use those suggestions this past week and last night it really payed off. I took my gentleman friend to Applebee's for dinner last night for his birthday. We ordered the spinach and artichoke dip. I had 4 chips and MAYBE 2tbls of dip. Then I had ordered a Chicken Alfredo Bowl which is HUGE. I looked at it and visually divided it into 3rds. I made my self eat very slowly giving the food time to get to my stomach to tell me more accurately when I was full. I would eat a bite then drink a couple of drinks of water before I'd take another bite. When I let out that first sigh of "boy I am getting full" I set my fork down and pushed the plate away. I had eaten only 1/3 of the meal! I was so thrilled to have to ask for a takehome box!!!!!

Usually I wolf down food because I am hungry or in a hurry and about 10 minutes later I am so over full I am uncomfortable. I started this week eating slowly and putting my fork down between bites and when I ate things like beans I would only put 2 on the fork and eat it slowly. This seems to be working for me and helping me stay within the calories. My addiction to being online helps me too because it makes me come on here and log my food and I can't wait to read what everyone i saying so I am reading instead of eating and a soon as I want to eat I grab the laptop and see if it fits into my calories. I love it!

Today is actually my first full week I started on a Saturday. If I could have weighed in today I would have gotten to say I lost 11 lbs!! I just hope I can still report that come this Friday.

I am so proud of all of you for your success and for owning your bad weeks. We all have up and downs and being able to see how we react to the downs help us learn and move forward. Learning to not make excuses is such a growth success! Thanks for sharing your ups and downs with all of us so we can grow with you.

I have a busy weekend. Today I have to go buy food and a birthday gift for my grand daughters party tomorrow. I need to look for new work shoes and seat cushions for my lawn chairs. I was also going to look ino buying Acai berry which is supposed to help you lose weight faster and be healthy for you too. I'll check in with you girls later. Have a great day and weekend.