THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 21!!

Replies

• cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Good afternoon, but feels like morning to me, in spite of the fact that I've been awake since 6:30 a.m...

I'm still slightly under the weather from the tainted beef with broccoli, so I'm staying in my jammies all day.:sick:
    I can't recall being so pale, even in the winter. And food? Ugh! Only if it's very, very bland...

But otherwise, all's good.
    Battling with my daughter about Messenger. She walked in and asked me what our postal code is. Eh? 12 year olds don't get to give out postal codes on the Internet...so I went and investigated, and she's trying to add Yahoo Messenger. Nope.

Going back to my couch now, to finish watching the baseball game. Still have to finish my stuff for tomorrow, but I'll do it...tomorrow...
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    going back on the 50 million lb diet.. It worked so I am going to do it again.. Just got done with my shopping list.. NOW I am going to relax for a bit, drink some water, watch the race then we will go shopping when it cools down.. 100 today for the high....
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi, team how is everyone. Crazybee - there is a myfitnesspal chat room. I've been there, but don't actually remember very well. Buy, I am betting Cyndi knows... If not, I will do some research and see if I can't get my memory jogged. So, here is my report on the plan I mentioned yesterday.
    Drinking more warer - yes, check. Good so far.
    More fiber - soaked lentils, and have added fiber to one of the things I track on my food diary. Check
    Menu planning, doing that today for the week. Check
    Exercise - start tomorrow. I always try to make Sunday a day of rest, so no exercising on Sunday.

Well, thats pretty much my day. I also should prolly add getting enough sleep. When I checked in with my sis and trainer, we went through all that had gone wrong, and she mentioned adequate sleep is really important. I knew that, but sort of let it slip my mind. Well, everyone, hope all is well. Talk to you soon!

By the way, I saw the slipper. Am quaking! :wink: Thanks Lulu and Lisa!

Love you guys! :bigsmile:
  • nitag
    Kristi I'm sitting here doing the same thing... Getting in check with a month of falling off the wagon...

Meal Planning, all done... List is made

Drink all my water...- Started on that this morning....

Exercise - Like you Sunday is my day of rest.. I did yard work and house cleaning so I logged that.... ITs moving right.....

Fiber - Hmmm good idea - I do have beans on my list so they will have to come from that...

I want lulu's slipper....
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    the summer is going great. I have practially all of July to myself. Thisis the only pay off for 160 kids five days a week is that I get a month and a half to myself to remember how wonderful they can be when not in the middle of teenage drama. I kinda already miss them a little. Any how I'm really determinded to work harder this month with out the distractions of work stuff and visiters. I think that I can loose at least 5 lbs but I would really like it to be closer to 10lbs so that means getting my but in gear and really putting my best into my work outs not "just " doing them. If I don't push myself then I won't see the change that I want. So we'll see how it goes.

My hubby and I are taking vacation the end of July so we'll see just how cute I can get between now and then.
  • cjchism
    cjchism Posts: 18 Member
    Hello everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. Sorry no post 1/2 way through last week. I had a huge catering job yesterday and have been so busy this past week. I did not do well on counting calories. I tried to be more aware of what I was eating although. I did not make it to the gym too much. I am back on track tomorrow. I did weigh myself today..shocked at a loss at all. I lost .4 lbs. Have a blessed week everyone...and read some of the post, you all did great this week!!!!Congrads!!
    sw:200/gw:140/cw:193.4 lost .4
  • Hello to all the newbies! You don't have to be crazy to join this group, but it helps! :laugh:

I too want to get on the bandwagon for planning meals. June has been a bad month and therefore little weight loss. :frown: My goal is to lose 20 lbs by end of August - only down 3 so far.

On the positive, I can fit into all my smaller clothes. Good thing they are summer ones. Bought 3 pairs of shorts becasue the other ones were wayyyy to big. (size 18 - bought 14's) Want to buy a pair of size 10 as goal to keep going. Hard for me to stay motivated when I feel so good where I'm at. I know I have another 30 lbs to lose so I will be back to wogging/eating healthy this week.

Good luck this week to all!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Hi gang! Well, this is what we built this weekend:

IMG_1226.jpg

Still some staining to do and the mosquito netting to install, but I am soooo happy with it!

Also, my new favorite place to read:

IMG_1230.jpg

The grass is coming along nicely - we just about destroyed it with all the demolition and hauling and levelling we've been doing, but it's starting to come back.

Anyway, worked in the yard alllll weekend and made about 6 trips to Home Depot! Why is it that you can never get everything you need for a project in one trip?!?!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Lulu, cool pics! I'm hoping your arm is too tired to throw that slipper! However, I don't plan on needing you to throw it, anyway! :happy:

Got meals all planned, and am drinking water like a camel. All good. Had salmon and broccoli for dinner. Ready to hit the exercise trail tomorrow. Spent some time on the patio today, which I love!!! Hope every one has been having a blessed weekend, ready for the new week?
  • cjchism
    cjchism Posts: 18 Member
    Lulabar...nice pics, looks very relaxing!!!! Good Job!
    Good luck to everyone this w:happy: eek!!!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Thanks Kristi and CJ - I'm loving my new yard spaces:heart:

Okay gang - everybody have a FANTASTIC week! No excuses - no whining - we're all here for the same reason and this week we are ALL workin' it!!! And remember:

nataliedee.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nitag
    Hello to all the newbies! You don't have to be crazy to join this group, but it helps! :laugh:

I too want to get on the bandwagon for planning meals. June has been a bad month and therefore little weight loss. :frown: My goal is to lose 20 lbs by end of August - only down 3 so far.

On the positive, I can fit into all my smaller clothes. Good thing they are summer ones. Bought 3 pairs of shorts becasue the other ones were wayyyy to big. (size 18 - bought 14's) Want to buy a pair of size 10 as goal to keep going. Hard for me to stay motivated when I feel so good where I'm at. I know I have another 30 lbs to lose so I will be back to wogging/eating healthy this week.

Good luck this week to all!

I think that a lot if not all and most of us since week 1, 2 and 3 have been slacking. I had a lot of success losing the weight when I was planning my meals and exercising.. I stopped doing it.. Just plain stopped and it's coming back.. The weight the old habits... I can eat this I can eat that, just moderate.. Well it's not working for me... My meals are planned for the week... Yeah.... I'd love to lose 20 lbs by the end of August.... We shall see... I will be back tomorrow with a new mind set... Tonight we are going to bbq rib eyes. NOT the best beef, but I will have 5 0zs with a vegetable..

I need you guys .. Badly.

Anita
  • nitag
    Thanks Kristi and CJ - I'm loving my new yard spaces:heart:

Okay gang - everybody have a FANTASTIC week! No excuses - no whining - we're all here for the same reason and this week we are ALL workin' it!!! And remember:

nataliedee.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice pics Lulu.... Enjoy enjoy enjoy...

I love the slipper bruised butt.. Kick mine please...
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Hey all, hope you had a great weekend. I did a garage sale Fri, Sat, Sun. SUCKS! I still have tons of clothes I need to sell so I can buy more clothes... Sheesh. But I did sell 6 books and then bought 12 from my neighbor... ooops...

Our house is HOT tonight, or maybe I'm feeling it because I hid in losingit's A/C house part of the evening... played with kittens, gotta get my fix. Only 2 more weeks before they go to their new homes!

The boys start camp tomorrow, 4 hours a day for the two oldest - whoohoo!!! hope it works off some of their energy so they don't fight so much! and it will be good bonding time for me and the 3 yr old, we haven't had good bonding times yet, 3 boys are overwhelming so I haven't been able to give him the attention he probably needs. So this should help!

Last night I didn't log calories because I drank - what, 3 or 4? - pina coladas, which I've never had before, but YUM, and I'm a lightweight so I was pretty happy by that time! But it was nice, and one day in how every many months isn't going to ruin me too badly.

I'm jealous of those of you now shopping in the "regular" and not "plus size" section. I got a ways to go for that. But I'm still in the same 2 pound weight range, even though I feel like I"ve gone overboard, obviously, my new "overboard" is much different than my old one! Was probably way under on cals today but it was so stinkin hot that I just can't eat much. Unless it's watermelon or some summer fruit, that's all I ever want to eat in the summer. But I have gotten in all my water, so that's good.

Trainer tomorrow... my shoulders hurt so bad from last week, and my upper back, my muscles felt like they were super-inflated or something, I thought I must look like the Incredible Hulk, based on how they felt! He seems to work my upper back a lot and my shoulders, things that i really don't think need all the attention, would rather work my core, legs, and abs, arms. So I think I need to ask him why he does that area so much, there might be a purpose. Put on a tank top today and took a look at my arms and went, nope, not ready for a tank top yet!

Any of you, if you've weighed or weigh 165 I was wondering what size you wore? I'm trying to figure out what I might wear at that size, I'm 5'7". I'm already in the size I wore in college, and I weigh 40 pounds more than I did then, so I have absolutely no idea what size I might be (I want to buy something in that size and just see how it fits from month to month). And here I thought my goal size was going to be 16, well, I'm nearly there now, so that's not it! Looks like there's hope for me to get out of the plus size section after all!
  • Hey team, A new week. I had a cheat day yesterday and didn't go to far out of bounds. I just had a piece of the lower sugar cake. I made it for my sister in laws birthday. I am still walking every day about 10 miles per week. I am just hoping for results this week. I am still getting on the scale everyday and drive myself crazy doing that. I can't seem to break the habit. Well I hope everyone has a great week, I will be checking back in soon.
  • cyndeebee
    Good morning, everyone.
    Happy Monday!

I notice, April, that you share an "issue" with me - jumping on the scales everyday. I've been working on breaking the habit, and doing pretty good. I'm down to weighing myself about every third day. But I think it is important to break the habit, because I think the number influences your food choices, plus it deters you from setting weekly, or monthly, goals and plans. That's my experience...
    For example, before I joined this site, I'd step on the scales in the morning, and if the number was high, I'd barely eat...probably putting myself into starvation mode. If the number looked good, I'd just eat whatever I wanted. I think it totally messed with my metabolism.
    Somewhere in all that mess, I stopped giving much thought to "lifestyle change," and eating healthier foods. If I was up a pound or two, I'd skip lunch, but then I'd be so hungry at night, I'd clean out the fridge. If I was down a bit, I'd eat junk food...

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I finally had to put my scales out of sight.

My best success here was when I only weighed myself on Friday, after planning my meals and sticking to the plan. So that's my goal this week...to make a plan and stick with it...and to have FAITH that my body will appreciate my diligence.

Question for everybody...Do you have a certain "number" stuck in your head, that seems almost impossible? When I started this, I wanted to see my weight drop below 130...and it finally did. But now I've got it into my head that I'll get stuck in the high 120s, and I'll never see my weight drop below 125. Crazy. Sometimes I think that the plateau is more of a mental block than a physical one...

I had a "blue funk" night last night. My daughter got invited to a bonfire-sleepover, and for some reason, I felt so lonely in the house by myself. Almost unreasonably so. Sheesh. It was all I could do not to cry...
    Maybe because of my age, and Britt being the last child living at home...
    Or maybe I need to find a life, eh?:frown:
  • nitag
    Hey team, A new week. I had a cheat day yesterday and didn't go to far out of bounds. I just had a piece of the lower sugar cake. I made it for my sister in laws birthday. I am still walking every day about 10 miles per week. I am just hoping for results this week. I am still getting on the scale everyday and drive myself crazy doing that. I can't seem to break the habit. Well I hope everyone has a great week, I will be checking back in soon.

April I am a daily weigher.. I have seemed to come to terms with it. I know I shouldn't but I do.. I usually see the scale move up and down 2 or 3 lbs.. I don't stress about it anymore.. I've been slacking as of late but still weighing myself.. I am hoping one day that I can step away from the scale.. Just try to not let it get to you... Keep up with the walking... I'm on my way to the tread mill right now..

Anita
  • nitag
    Good morning, everyone.
    Happy Monday!

I notice, April, that you share an "issue" with me - jumping on the scales everyday. I've been working on breaking the habit, and doing pretty good. I'm down to weighing myself about every third day. But I think it is important to break the habit, because I think the number influences your food choices, plus it deters you from setting weekly, or monthly, goals and plans. That's my experience...
    For example, before I joined this site, I'd step on the scales in the morning, and if the number was high, I'd barely eat...probably putting myself into starvation mode. If the number looked good, I'd just eat whatever I wanted. I think it totally messed with my metabolism.
    Somewhere in all that mess, I stopped giving much thought to "lifestyle change," and eating healthier foods. If I was up a pound or two, I'd skip lunch, but then I'd be so hungry at night, I'd clean out the fridge. If I was down a bit, I'd eat junk food...

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I finally had to put my scales out of sight.

My best success here was when I only weighed myself on Friday, after planning my meals and sticking to the plan. So that's my goal this week...to make a plan and stick with it...and to have FAITH that my body will appreciate my diligence.

Question for everybody...Do you have a certain "number" stuck in your head, that seems almost impossible? When I started this, I wanted to see my weight drop below 130...and it finally did. But now I've got it into my head that I'll get stuck in the high 120s, and I'll never see my weight drop below 125. Crazy. Sometimes I think that the plateau is more of a mental block than a physical one...

I had a "blue funk" night last night. My daughter got invited to a bonfire-sleepover, and for some reason, I felt so lonely in the house by myself. Almost unreasonably so. Sheesh. It was all I could do not to cry...
    Maybe because of my age, and Britt being the last child living at home...
    Or maybe I need to find a life, eh?:frown:

Morning Cyndee.. Ya know when you ask about numbers, I think my number is realistic of 145 - 148.. My dr said that is a good weight for me and my age.. So that is my goal.. I have come to terms that I wont ever be super skinny and I am not going to focus on that, I want to be healthy.. All these young people lately are dropping like flies so we have to take care of our selves..

My thought for the day is to focus more on health than weight.. Maybe we should stop thinking about numbers so much and think about our health.. Isn't that whats more important in the long run?? I don't know, I do know that I need to go walk :wink:

Sorry you were lonely last night.. I myself can't stand being a lone, I'm okay during the day but nights are hard for me...

Anita
  • cyndeebee
    I agree...We're all different, which is why I've had to stop weighing myself everyday.
    Because I find myself focusing on the numbers, rather than what's healthy.

A walk sounds like a good idea.:happy:
  • Good Morning to All of you

Lulu - nice pictures. I want a place like that to read. I would read more often.

Cindybee - one reason I work nights for 11 years is to keep from being lonely at night - just my way of dealing with it. Numbers for me were set at 160 but I am thinking about changing it to 152. It just depends cause I am happy now but not quitting

Adopt4 - oh adopt 4 an answer to your question about what size at 165 pounds. I weigh 181 right now and just recently bought a size 12 blue jeans shorts. One week later, I can pull them off without unbuttoning then. I bought a pair of shorts Danceskin shorts and capris in a size 8 - 10 They are a little tight but not uncomfortable - another 5 pounds. In blouses I can get in some 12 - 14 but mainly in 16 - 18.

April - I too am a scale stepper but have at times reduce it to three times a week . I don't concentrate on the numbers but concentrate on making sure I do it healthly and exercise and then check the scale to make sure I am in check. If the numbers are up - I think is it from muscle from exercising, water weight, is my sodium in check or TOM? Usually find my answer in one of them or realize weight fluctuates 2-3 pounds anyway. So I set about to correcting what needs correcting. Remember measure yourself, look for difference in how your clothes are fitting, etc.

Healthymom - Hooray on the 14's. I challenge you to buy those 10's - then see how long it take to get in them. My bet is on you doing it girl

Kristi - way to go - getting back in the groove. Hope you have an uneventful week at work

ANITA - STICK TO THOSE PLANS YOU HAVE SET THIS WEEK. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

LI4G - just want to say thanks again for the tips you gave me a month ago on the hibiscus growing. I come home this morning to seeing 5 flowers on it. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could post a pic on here but completely a retard about stuff like that and don't know how.

Beback later to tell you about my night