Hope to start a Christian thread

Options
Hi everyone
I am sooooooo new to this but I hope I can get a thread for Christian dieters. I think this would be so awesome to have a time to build up and give praise for all the success stories. We do need to encourage one another.
I hope to hear from others
blessings
hellocc

Replies

• khoolette
    khoolette Posts: 73
    Options
    Welcome! Great idea...thanks for thinking of it :0)
  • bperucco
    bperucco Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea :)
  • ludy3tudi
    ludy3tudi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Explain what a thread is...never heard the term before.

I cannot speak for anyone else but my relationship with Christ is in all that I do; including fitness pal and this change in my life.

Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

The Lord gave the Word; great was the company of those who proclaim it. Ps 68: 11

Thanks be to God who always causes us to triumph through Christ.

Praying you are succeeding with your goals.
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! :smile:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    word up. I love Jesus. I don't diet.

"...And for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." Ephesians 6:19,20
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

13) Topics about politics or religion are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about either of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss either of these topics, please google political forums or religious forums - there are plenty of other places to express your views.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

13) Topics about politics or religion are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about either of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss either of these topics, please google political forums or religious forums - there are plenty of other places to express your views.

This is not a thread "ABOUT .....RELIGION." I take it to be a call for like-minded individuals to come together to share a common belief in order to encourage themselves and one another in their quest to be fit. It is no different than having a thread for women 50+ years.

Saying this thread is contrary to the quoted policy would make as much sense as saying that the 50+ thread form women was discriminatory because it doesn't include those under 50 years of age and or those who are male.

I hope Mike agrees with my interpretation of the rules and allows it to stand. As far as inciting arguments and disputes, if you want to see an extreme example of this, go visit the thread that started out as an expression of tribute to Michael Jackson. Earlier today, I waded through those postings, and you talk about "heated arguments and disputes"---it was unbelievable--and had nothing to do with the original intent of the first post.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just like you can have a thread about P90x or SAHMs I am sure you can have a Christian Dieters thread where you all can speak about your common interests.

The only problem will be if another poster comes in and starts an arguement about religion and you respond in kind.

I personally feel 'to each his own' and know that Christians do not sit around talking about Christ all day long, they apply simple rules and are encouraged in a different way.

When you start quoting scripture you may have an issue because this is a public forum and others may disagree.

So why dont you PM Mike the OWNER and ask him if there is a way you can have a thread to encourage each other, without breaking forum rules.

:flowerforyou: God Bless and Keep You
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    How about let's not make it a big deal and not worry about it? If you don't agree with how Christians believe, don't read the thread. Not a biggie.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I completely agree with sarge. :smile:
  • hellocc
    hellocc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    thank u for your support and I do hope that Mike will see it as we are intending it to be.
    Not a site to discuss our believes, only one to encourage, support and uplift our fellow belivers.
    I am more than willing to hear what you think Mike. I do not think any one that has gone onto this site would disagree that we respect and what to hear how u feel about this.
    please do allow it but we will respect your decision
    We have no need to "push" religion onto anyone, we just want to be their to uplift and share.
    thank you
    have a great day
    hellocc
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I didn't read the rules when I signed up. So I could careless whats appropriate or not. Someone wants to challenge me, step to the plate.
  • bperucco
    Options
    What if we just set up a Google groups account and provide the motivation in there. That way you are taking the message board and support off site so then 1. there is nothing to stop you from forming this group and 2. we don't need Mike's permission.

Only downside to this is now we'd be using two different sites to accomplish one goal. But as I look up at my tab windows, I have 7 open right now, so I don't think having multiple sites would be a big deal for many.

What do you all think?
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It's fine with me. I will probably visit and check things out, but I don't feel like I need a ton more support than what I'm getting. But if I can give some...great!
  • weaklink109
    Options
    What if we just set up a Google groups account and provide the motivation in there. That way you are taking the message board and support off site so then 1. there is nothing to stop you from forming this group and 2. we don't need Mike's permission.

Only downside to this is now we'd be using two different sites to accomplish one goal. But as I look up at my tab windows, I have 7 open right now, so I don't think having multiple sites would be a big deal for many.

What do you all think?

I see no reason why we need to go somewhere else. MFP is MFP and Google is its own site. I personally am not interested in having to tiptoe to another site in order to communicate with people who share a common interest with me in their commitment to fitness and/or weight loss, just because we happen to share other beliefs as well. This is America. We have freedom OF religion, and those who don't believe have freedom FROM religion. That is their choice, which they can make by not coming to this thread.

This is not the forum to judge anyone who doesn't believe as we do, nor is it a forum to be judged because WE do believe a certain way. Since the thread is still here, I think Mike has adopted a reasonable approach to interpretation of the rules.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well what I would suggest, if I may..........is to have an acronym (sp)

You will find that if you start chatting with like minded ppl, an ongoing thread will occur.

Proud thread was just a one time thread that has now been going on for over 6 months. We encourage each other.

Nothing and Something and OOOOh Goodness threads were started and continue because they are friends and enjoy each others 'company'

You could start a CROSS training thread..........lol
  • bperucco
    Options
    CROSS Training, I like that :)

You should go into marketing hehe
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Facebook's got a button called "Like". If I could do that here, I'd click it for the messages posted by weaklink and arewethereyet. :wink:

ludy3tudi, a "thread" is a discussion topic like this one. You post a message, people reply... - got it? :smile:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    "Cross" training,-- I like that, but let's make it even more clear message to the "target audience" (sorry, my marketing background is showing through) How about " +CROSS+ Training"....just a thought.:wink:

BTW Thank you to the poster who complimented me on my last post.:flowerforyou:
  • hellocc
    hellocc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hi Hemis,
    thank you for the imput, it was awsome and right on target. I just love the way u expressed your feelings, exactly how I feel and i pray, others do too.
    I think all of us together can make a difference on this thread, just knowing we are all lifting one another in prayer for a successful day in our journey , each day and every day.
    hellocc
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Be a grown up/adult. If your not a christian, then you know that this particular thread is not for you.

When a topic says for women only, I dont go in and read.

A christian thread does not mean it is about quoting scriptures, just an encouraging environment that wont compromise their beliefs.

BTW I am a christian.

I will stay off all other religon threads.
    :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.