Hope to start a Christian thread

Options

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Is this an Oz joke because I'm from kansas? haha well played.

No, didn't know that. :laugh: Now it's just a bonus! :bigsmile:
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    :huh: Am I missing something?
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options

oh yeah, bonus alright.

10 Points for Accuracy
    -10 Points for lack of Originality

= 0 points

haha
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, Shannon knows something to tease you about. RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shwendoll
    shwendoll Posts: 10
    Options
    I like the idea. Stay encouraged, y'all!
  • xsargex
    Options
    Ohhh, Shannon knows something to tease you about. RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

need I remind you "these colors" don't run.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

oh yeah, bonus alright.

10 Points for Accuracy
    -10 Points for lack of Originality

= 0 points

haha

Looks like my credit score. embarrassed.gif
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

badumdump.gif

Nice one! :wink: :laugh:
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options

badumdump.gif

Nice one! :wink: :laugh:

ya'll gonna make me act o fool up in here!
    smiley_ladysinger.gif
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'd join in. Hopefully next week things will calm down a little and I could be more active. BTW - you should be able to indicate that it is a christian thread without getting into trouble.
  • ludy3tudi
    ludy3tudi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ok..support

Tell this newby how to enter your own food--specific ingredients for a casserole for instance. Then how do you add it to your food diary?

How can you enter pedometer info into the exercise...steps or miles walked? Time doesn't work for me.

Why is it that anything can be cussed and discussed but when we mention God, Christian or anything to do with it folks begin to get all bent out of shape. Just mosey on back to the threads that give you support and let us do the same.

I am looking for snack ideas for work. Work in a hospital and do not always get breaks/lunch. Snacks in the past were not that healthy; looking for your ideas.

Thanks for pushin' on thru.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    ok..support

Tell this newby how to enter your own food--specific ingredients for a casserole for instance. Then how do you add it to your food diary?

How can you enter pedometer info into the exercise...steps or miles walked? Time doesn't work for me.

Why is it that anything can be cussed and discussed but when we mention God, Christian or anything to do with it folks begin to get all bent out of shape. Just mosey on back to the threads that give you support and let us do the same.

I am looking for snack ideas for work. Work in a hospital and do not always get breaks/lunch. Snacks in the past were not that healthy; looking for your ideas.

Thanks for pushin' on thru.

In answer to your first question, if you add the ingredients into a meal on your food diary, then you can save it as a "meal" It will show in the database when you search for it, and you can add it into your diary as a whole anytime you want..
  • ludy3tudi
    Options
    I must be doing something wrong. I put them in but can't pull them back up

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the support
  • ludy3tudi
    Options
    hellocc thanks for the encouragement
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    July 2

Luke 21:19
    'In your patience possess ye your souls.'

Arlene asked the Lord for just a little more patience. She looked at the clock. She had eaten lunch just three hours before, and now her stomach was telling her to eat again. She knew she really couldn't need food again so soon. She concentrated all her attention on the project she was working on and repeated again and again that she wasn't hungry. Before she knew it, she was finishing the project, her hunger had died down, and it was almost five o'clock. Quickly, Arlene thanked God for helping her hang on awhile. It wasn't nearly as hard to get by with God giving her strength and support.

Today's thought: Decide to control your stomach instead of letting it control you!

Be blessed everyone and continue to acknowledge the Lord and He will continue to direct your path!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    How about let's not make it a big deal and not worry about it? If you don't agree with how Christians believe, don't read the thread. Not a biggie.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I completely agree with sarge. :smile:
    I agree. If people are offended by Christians, then don't read the thread. Simple solution.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

13) Topics about politics or religion are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about either of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss either of these topics, please google political forums or religious forums - there are plenty of other places to express your views.

I think the rules are intended to dissuade posts and topics that are going to go into a downward spiral and hurt a lot of feelings (the old dinner conversation rule: never bring up religion or politics). If everyone knows ahead of time what the thread is about and people avoid pulpiting and zealotry, I don't really see how it can bring any harm. Further, Mike has shown that he doesn't really care about religion stuff if its not done in a way which could be offensive - just take a number of people's signatures for example.

Enjoy the thread :)
  • xsargex
    Options
    I've found the "loop-hole". Yes, I read the rules for once.

According to the forum rules posted on the "Introduce Yourself" forum. The rules regarding topics on politics and religion do not exist. Check it out for yourself. I would say move your christian thread over there. :devil:

Mon 05/26/08 12:33 PMThe following rules have been established to help maintain a civil and friendly environment, allowing everyone to enjoy the discussions found here.

Please read this post completely in order to prevent any potential rules violations.

FORUM RULES

1) No advertising or self-promotion. You may not post advertisements for other services, websites, etc. which intend to sell products or services for monetary gain. Any such links will be removed at moderator discretion without warning and could result in your posting privileges being revoked.

2) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products, are considered inappropriate and will be removed without warning. This rule has been created to protect members from multi-level marketing schemes or other hidden sales tactics which are strictly prohibited on this site.

3) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

5) Topics which are started with the intent to denigrate, belittle, or disparage another MyFitnessPal member, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. Such topics will be instantly deleted and may result in the banning of the original poster. This includes following another poster around in the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, spreading gossip or rumors, posting email exchanges between users, etc. Keep the drama off the forums!

6) Do not post an email or mail message from any other MyFitnessPal user or moderator on the forums at any time.

7) No explicit, sexual, offensive, insulting or vulgar language. The MyFitnessPal forums are rated PG-13.

8) No derogatory or offensive references to sex, gender, ethnicity, religions, or sexual orientation.

9) For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, instant messenger ids, etc

10) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement)

11) If you have concerns about another poster or wish to report a rule violation, the ONLY appropriate venue is to use the Report Post feature or to message me. You may NOT air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in a civil manner in the "Feedback" or "Help" forums.

12) We reserve the right to disable the posting privileges of any member for any reason at our discretion without warning or notice.

Thanks for your cooperation and I hope you are enjoying the site!
    I'm the creator of MyFitnessPal - hope you're enjoying the site!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I've found the "loop-hole". Yes, I read the rules for once.

According to the forum rules posted on the "Introduce Yourself" forum. The rules regarding topics on politics and religion do not exist. Check it out for yourself. I would say move your christian thread over there. :devil:

Mon 05/26/08 12:33 PMThe following rules have been established to help maintain a civil and friendly environment, allowing everyone to enjoy the discussions found here.

Please read this post completely in order to prevent any potential rules violations.

FORUM RULES

1) No advertising or self-promotion. You may not post advertisements for other services, websites, etc. which intend to sell products or services for monetary gain. Any such links will be removed at moderator discretion without warning and could result in your posting privileges being revoked.

2) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products, are considered inappropriate and will be removed without warning. This rule has been created to protect members from multi-level marketing schemes or other hidden sales tactics which are strictly prohibited on this site.

3) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

5) Topics which are started with the intent to denigrate, belittle, or disparage another MyFitnessPal member, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. Such topics will be instantly deleted and may result in the banning of the original poster. This includes following another poster around in the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, spreading gossip or rumors, posting email exchanges between users, etc. Keep the drama off the forums!

6) Do not post an email or mail message from any other MyFitnessPal user or moderator on the forums at any time.

7) No explicit, sexual, offensive, insulting or vulgar language. The MyFitnessPal forums are rated PG-13.

8) No derogatory or offensive references to sex, gender, ethnicity, religions, or sexual orientation.

9) For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, instant messenger ids, etc

10) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement)

11) If you have concerns about another poster or wish to report a rule violation, the ONLY appropriate venue is to use the Report Post feature or to message me. You may NOT air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in a civil manner in the "Feedback" or "Help" forums.

12) We reserve the right to disable the posting privileges of any member for any reason at our discretion without warning or notice.

Thanks for your cooperation and I hope you are enjoying the site!
    I'm the creator of MyFitnessPal - hope you're enjoying the site!

Nice work Bro.

:drinker:
  • leshawnturner
    Options

I have often asked myself this very question!!! I still can't come up with a plausible answer...Anyway I thank GOD that this group has started. I know that what God's got for me is for me and no one else. So I take that into every workout I do and I keep telling myself that God won't give me more than I can handle.

God bless and keep you all and have a blessed 4th of July weekend!!!
This discussion has been closed.