I neeeed energy - help please!

Options
13»

Replies

• smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    All good advice so far :). I would also second getting outside at lunch time/breaks. Not only for excercise but for sunshine. It does do a world of good energy wise. Seeing as your long hours keep you inside from sun rise/set.
    Although Im just restarting at this and no where near an expert, perhaps revising your food quality and adding more fresh veggies and lean protein? (Also a Starbucks fan, i noticed your Soy latte wasnt showing up the protein count. it shows 0 but it should have about 10g....I imagine your soy cant be too far off from the soy here in Canada :) )
    L.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    How often do you work out?

Im 5 foot 4 - and i workout sparingly. Sometimes can be 4 times a week..others none! x

BMR 1363
    TDEE 1874

Lifting weights takes priority over cardio.

Set MFP to 1500 a day.
    Dont eat back calories.
    Lift weights 3 times a week for appx 20-60 mins and walk 3-4 times a week for 20-40 mins.

Enjoy your fat loss.
  • This_Daddy_Rocks
    Options
    bump
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    How tall are you?

Im 5 foot 4 - and i workout sparingly. Sometimes can be 4 times a week..others none! x

BMR 1363
    TDEE 1874

Set MFP to 1500 a day.
    Dont eat back calories.
    Lift weights 3 times a week for appx 20-60 mins and walk 3-4 times a week for 20-40 mins.

Enjoy your fat loss.

wow! really? that seems like LOADS!!! what sort of foods should i eat?? xxx
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

the foods you like. everything in moderation. allow yourself some treats. here is a study about how a group of dieters did better then another group, and they were eating some chocolate in the morning http://beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=2459

there is no special food "eat this and only this and you'll lose weight" diet. yes, eat more fruits and veggies, stop deep frying things as much, and look for healthier ways to cook your favorite foods (i.e. poach chicken instead of frying it)
  • loope1
    loope1 Posts: 14
    Options
    bump
  • EllieNewOrleans
    Options
    Hi Helloitsdan ...i have heard that you are great at calculations, please could you advise me.

BMR 1364

TDEE 2114.2 - 20% = 1691.36 CALORIE GOAL.

Do i eat back some calories burned from work out?? or not.
    I have struggle to lose weight since January, i have lost 8 lbs in total and have a permanent plateau.
    I am on Level 2 , day 2 of 30 day shred, losing inches but the scale will not move....yet????
    I started MFP in March...and was on 1200 calories.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated...Thank you :)))
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Try a B12 tablet.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

BMR 1363
    TDEE 1874

Set MFP to 1500 a day.
    Dont eat back calories.

Enjoy your fat loss.

90% whole foods and 10% junk!
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi Helloitsdan ...i have heard that you are great at calculations, please could you advise me.

BMR 1364

TDEE 2114.2 - 20% = 1691.36 CALORIE GOAL.

Do i eat back some calories burned from work out?? or not.
    I have struggle to lose weight since January, i have lost 8 lbs in total and have a permanent plateau.
    I am on Level 2 , day 2 of 30 day shred, losing inches but the scale will not move....yet????
    I started MFP in March...and was on 1200 calories.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated...Thank you :)))

Only eat back exercise calories to NET at least your BMR - i.e. if you burn more than 327 cals then eat enough back so you net 1364. You have similar stats to me and this is what i do and it is working!!
  • dollaqie
    dollaqie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I also see that according to your dairy that you are not drinking any water, or maybe you forget to log your water intake. Drinking no water can make you feel dehydrated and also have alot to with your energy levels!!!
  • EllieNewOrleans
    Options
    Hi Melanie,

Thank you so much for replying, i appreciate it very much.

I will do that for sure :)

Well done on your weight loss and hope you get to your goal very soon :))

Ellie :)
  • Bullielvr
    Bullielvr Posts: 1
    Options
    I recently asked my dr. about my low energy level and she suggested I try Vitamin D pills... Not sure yet if it works, I just started it but thought I would toss it out there.