Best vacation you ever had?

Options

Replies

• tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Best vacation by far was to Italy last year. We went to Rome, Naples, Sorrento, capri, Amalfi Coast Poisitano and Ravallo.
    I had just changed jobs as my last one was so stressful and I was able to truly enhoy it.
    Places I would love to go: Kenya and Hawaii :wink:
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Two weeks of nothing but hunting, fishing during the day and whoring it up at night.
  • mekasjaun
    mekasjaun Posts: 19
    Options
    My friends and I do what we call "BALLING ON A BUDGET." We take the kiddos to Disney every year for spring break and then we go on a Mommy's trip without them. This year we are going to Vegas and next year we are going to Puerto Rico!!!!! For my 40th birthday we are going to Tahiti!!!!!!!!!!!!!:glasses:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Best ever was a camping trip 2 hours from home. :)
    Others, Maui, Aruba, Bahamas, all over the U.S., Mexico and hopefully Europe soon.
  • tangertrostle
    Options
    Belize. So much to do there. I think I could live there!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Been through the Panama Canal, England and most of the Caribbean, however my FAVORITE vacation was with my college roommates and their spouses at Walt Disney World in Floriday.

We all stayed at the Port Orleans resort for a week - and it was by far the best vacation ever. Why? Well friends is a big factor, but perhaps an even better part was the stress-free environment of knowing that everything is pre-paid and taken care of. For a whole week, you do nothing but eat, sleep, have fun, see amazing shows, watch fantastic fireworks displays and marvel at the amount of detail that Disney "Imagineers" put into every ride, display and building in the park.

The more you learn about Disney, the more amazed you are at how much work and detail was put into these parks.
  • mekasjaun
    mekasjaun Posts: 19
    Options
    I've been too

New York
    Boston
    Washington DC
    Florida
    San Francisco
    Philadelphia
    Chicago
    Niagra Falls
    Toronto Canada
    Vancouver Canada
    Ireland, I live here!
    England
    Wales
    Spain
    France

Im heading to Las Vegas and LA in 2 weeks :-)

I'll be in Vegas in 2 weeks too!!!!!!!
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK and my best trip has been to Canada, a whistle stop tour of Montreal, Toronto, Niagra Falls, The Rockies and Vancouver. I loved Canada and the Canadian people, Fantastic food too!!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I've been too

New York
    Boston
    Washington DC
    Florida
    San Francisco
    Philadelphia
    Chicago
    Niagra Falls
    Toronto Canada
    Vancouver Canada
    Ireland, I live here!
    England
    Wales
    Spain
    France

Im heading to Las Vegas and LA in 2 weeks :-)

I'll be in Vegas in 2 weeks too!!!!!!!
    Have a great time :-) Im so looking forward too it :-)
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    My wife and I went to Orlando a few years back and did the whole Disney World, Universal Studios and Bush Gardens thing. I had a blast. I am like a kid. I love roller coasters. But the best part was swimming with the dolphins at Discovery Cove. I wish I could spend every day working with such beautiful and smart creatures like dolphins instead of the morons I work with every day.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The best vacation I've ever been on was my honeymoon, hands down!!! My husband and I spent a beautiful week in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. It was the greatest time of my life, I will never forget it.

We are looking forward to a trip to Jamaica in June for a friend's wedding. Neither of us have ever been.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did a week long safari in Kenya followed by a week at the beach in Zanzibar and Pemba (islands that are part of Tanzania). I've also been to Egypt, Grenada, Panama, Jamaica, Mexico, Russia, lots of other European countries, and lots of states. I haven't really gotten a chance to tour Asia and Australia part of the world yet--maybe when my 4 kids are older!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    My best was probably Fiji.

2nd best may have been St Thomas

3rd best Thailand

Somewhere behind that is Australia and Amsterdam.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    One was with my mom. We swapped apartments with a scholar from Venice, Italy who was studying at the museum where she worked, so we spent a month in Venice right near San Marco square. It was amazing because it was during Carnivale. Also, we were able to do a lot of cooking and visiting the food shops there was as exciting as the restaurants.

The other best vacation was with my husband (but then boyfriend). We were in Madrid a few summers ago. There was World Cup madness (we weren't there for the final game when they won but for many games leading up to the final). We ate so much ham and drank so much wine and staggered around at 4 am singing Viva Espana after the World Cup games. Went to a few museums. It was amazing.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I wish I could spend every day working with such beautiful and smart creatures like dolphins instead of the morons I work with every day.

:laugh: I feel the same way!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Last one was the Philippines. But honestly just about any vacation I take with my family is always the best.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    The best vacation is a beach vacation. I'm not a tourist. I don't want to sight see. I want to lay on the beach and get drunk. Maybe do a little shopping.

Outside of the U.S., I've been to:

Aruba
    Curacao
    Hawaii (Kauai, Oahu, Maui, the island of HI)
    St. Maarten
    St. Thomas (favorite beach ever = Magen's Bay)
    Puerto Rico
    Jamaica
    Bahamas
    Cayman Islands
    Haiti
    Dominican Republic
    Mexico (a lot)

Edited to add Canada
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    My best was probably Fiji.

I'm jealous! Where did you stay?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    My best vacation ever was when I went to the UK by myself in January of 2008. That trip changed my life and was the final push I needed to go from I love my life! to ZEAL for LIVING. From then on I knew that I had the power in me to explore, to adventure, to go where no version of me has gone before.

I came home to the sugarcane fields in Louisiana, seized my fitness mission by the throat, started running, tied up all my loose ends, left my long time job, packed up 5 bags and bought a one way ticket to NYC.

Everytime I think back on England- from the white cliffs of Dover, to the little hamlets on the channel. to tiny little cities, old as dust libraries, castles, rolling countryside, canterbury, London.... oh London. Especially that last night in London...rawr. Everytime I think back on these things, i crave more. My eyeballs became so greedy to see so many places on this spinning rock.

I want I want
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Couples Negril All Inclusive, Jamaica.