Mom arrested for taking tot to tanning bed

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you read the story the arrest is BS. There's no quoted evidence that she actually put the kid in a tanning bed. The kid was sunburnt and the 5 year old said mom took her tanning. Remember innocent until proven guilty.
    "Innocent until proven guilty" doesn't mean the person has to be proven guilty before they're arrested.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    She looks like a California raisin
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    Heeey, let's watch it with the Planet of the Apes and the Keith Richards insults! :wink: They're not only more awesome, but infinitely more attractive, and healthier looking!
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If you read the story the arrest is BS. There's no quoted evidence that she actually put the kid in a tanning bed. The kid was sunburnt and the 5 year old said mom took her tanning. Remember innocent until proven guilty.

I agree - I think the situation was misunderstood and blown out of proportions because of the way she looks( She obviously is addicted to tanning ).......there is no proof that the child was ever in the tanning bed. The teacher needs to have more evidence before calling the police on her for child endangerment.

The tanning salon would never allow a child to be in a bed...and from the looks of the mother, she ain't about to share her time with the bed.....on another note, how do these tanning salons in good faith keep letting her tan when she looks like this! AHHH why isn't there a monthly limit to tans?
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Just because the article doesn't say what the proof is, doesn't mean there isn't any. Of course the mother is going to deny it. The nurse at school may have misunderstood what the kid meant when she said she goes tanning with mommy, but the mother might be full of it, too. You have no way of knowing the arrest is BS, and neither do I. Only time will tell.
  • 1Ciarrah
    1Ciarrah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Has she not looked in the mirror? And what tanning salon actually would sell her more tanning time? Yuck.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. At some point somebody has to tell her no more. I mean really do you want her to be your companies walking billboard. YIKES. Scared me. And how do people not say something to her. Typically you try to look people in the eye when you speak but I would so be looking at the ground. Sounds mean but come on.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I dont think this pic is her. Although she was terribly tanned and wrinkled, I think this one was photoshopped. There are others of her (not much better, but a little lol) that are the actual photos of her. She's crazy either way.
  • Krissy366
    Options
    I agree - I think the situation was misunderstood and blown out of proportions because of the way she looks( She obviously is addicted to tanning ).......there is no proof that the child was ever in the tanning bed. The teacher needs to have more evidence before calling the police on her for child endangerment.

Actually - the teacher doesn't need to have ANY evidence. Only a suspicion, in this case based on statements of the child. At that point, they are in fact, required by law, to report the situation.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    She looks like a California raisin

^^^^ LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute. I've seen her before!

LeatherSofa.jpg
    ROTFLMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: :heart: it!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The teacher needs to have more evidence before calling the police on her for child endangerment.
    If the teacher thinks the child is in danger, he or she is legally mandated to report it. It's not up to the teacher to investigate or insist on more proof.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    She looks like a mummy. Like King Tut's ancient preserved corpse. I don't know how a tanning salon could allow that kind of repeat abuse. Should there be something like the expectation that a bartender won't serve booze to someone who is already wasted? Her blood UVB/UVA level is way over the limit.
  • Krissy366
    Options
    The teacher needs to have more evidence before calling the police on her for child endangerment.
    If the teacher thinks the child is in danger, he or she is legally mandated to report it. It's not up to the teacher to investigate or insist on more proof.

Exactly.
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That is sooooo scary...........WOW, she is 3 years YOUNGER than me and looks older than my mother!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    First I felt sick to my stomach and now I just feel pretty darn sexy next to that.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I think shes done cooking - did someone forget to set the timer????

Ugh - just UGH do not put kids in a tanning bed - really?
  • JBott84
    Options

Actually - the teacher doesn't need to have ANY evidence. Only a suspicion, in this case based on statements of the child. At that point, they are in fact, required by law, to report the situation.

Yes, but "actually" (hate that word) children say things, and things are not always what they seem....did they have a chat with the mother? did they ask any questions before involving police....you are required to report when children are in danger....I do not agree with any of this, but getting a tan is not abuse, (unless you look like the mother). I can bet that this case will be dismissed. All she said is I went tanning with mommy...not mommy let me in the tanning bed. There are whistle-blowers and there are conscious observers and reporters....BIG DIFFERENCE. The latter is what teachers are trained to be....
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    Holy Schmoly! I thought at LEAST 60!!!!
  • JBott84
    Options
  • JBott84
    Options
    don't know how it got posted twice....but ya...

anyways. I am not here to argue but I think that the situation is a little exaggerated. And she FOR SURE looks disgusting and I hope her thoughts on skin care don't rub off on her child.