Pear Vs. Spoon Shape

Options

Replies

• terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    by the site description and your first picture, I'm apparently a spoon since I gain weight in stomach first.
    no longer a confused pear.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I hate being a spoon because I have those super high, shelf hips. I'm 5'6'', 119 pounds, and still have love handles. =( However, I don't gain any weight in my stomach. Still, stupid spoon.

Definitely closer to hourglass than pear, though.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Obviously this thread is geared to woman, but as a man, I think the spoon body shape is very attractive, moreso than the pear shape. Your mileage may vary.

Love you!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    apprently, I too, am a spoon. didn't even know this existed! :)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My body type is "fireplug" Short, but made of cast iron....:laugh:
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I fit either of those!
  • kristinmarie1986
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I just found out that I am a spoon too!! I've always been frustrated, knowing that I wasn't an apple, or pear, or completely straight up and down. Since I wasn't any of those things I identified most with hour glass (I knew my boobs were too big and my thighs too small to be a pear), but as much as I wanted to be an hourglass, I couldn't really identify with that either. The fashion advice on that page is spot on, too!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    The last time I did one of these it said I was a rectangle.... :sad: :grumble: :noway:
  • immorliuz
    Options
    I am a spoon, too! How did you lose weigh? I mean, do you have any specific diet plans or workouts? Thanks! You're such as inspiration for me :)
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a spoon! My body shape is very similar to yours! You're looking great by the way!
  • tracywaz
    tracywaz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So I've always thought of myself as either an hourglass or pear, but taking the quiz, I'm totally a spoon. I've always had kind of that funny shelf look- except when I was fat!!! that shadow outline lady is totally me!

Glad to know my true shape and now need to figure out what clothes look best! :)
  • Nonwiler
    Nonwiler Posts: 1
    Options
    What did you do to look that great?!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I think spoon is my body shape with an hourglass secondary. When I was thinner but still overweight I hated that I gained so much weight so easily in my lower gut. I have that shelf of hips as well with a flatter butt. I have very large boobs, which can have thier negative side. I think a b - d is ideal but I think I will shrink down as I lose weight, hopefully. I was still about a triple D a couple years ago when I lost about 60 lbs. I weighed 206 at the time. I used to have a pretty flat belly on top but that expanded after I had my son. I would like to know how thin I would have to get to have a flat stomach on bottom and top. That is my goal currently to get thin enough where I have a flat belly. I have never had that. It would be exciting.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    PROUD SPOON.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    That site says I'm either a Spoon or Pear. I think I look more like a Spoon, but I gain weight evenly throughout my stomach/thighs so oh well. :tongue:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    in for the spooning!

...wait

what??
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    spoon????????????????????' :huh: :laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member