Pear Vs. Spoon Shape

kylesmommy89
kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
I always thought there were 4 options as far as body shape is concerned: Hourglass, Apple, Pear and Banana. Out of these I always figured I was an apple because I gain weight in my belly and love handle area, but I never had a "top heavy" appearance characteristic of an apple.

I decided to take my measurements and enter them into a calculator online and found out that I am a SPOON shape! I was so excited to actually find MY body shape because I have never even seen a body shape like mine on one of these sites. Spoon shapes have measurements similar to a pear shape, but we have high hips that create a "shelf" look and gain in our lower belly before our thighs/butt.

Here's a pear shape:
pearbuttonbig.jpg
pear-body.jpg

Here's a spoon shape:
spoonbuttonbig.jpg
spoon-body.jpg

absprogressmarch.jpg

Also here is a picture of me at different weights for a reference.

I just thought this might be helpful to any women shaped like me who never really fit into the typical body shape categories :)

Replies

• kylesmommy89
    Well I guess I'm just a lone spoon haha
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    i'm a dumb spoon. :(
  • ladylonglegs21
    ladylonglegs21 Posts: 27 Member
    what site did you use to find that out? I think I'm a spoon too... but I'd like to try it. thanks!
  • kylesmommy89
    i'm a dumb spoon. :(

Embrace the spoon!! ;) If I didn't have my high hips I wouldn't have any curve to my body at all! I'll take what I can get lol
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    AHH this is me! thanks for this lol
  • ladylonglegs21
    ladylonglegs21 Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks! Eh I can't tell.. I'm a spoony pear?
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    I'm a spoon too!
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Yes I am a spoon too! At the moment I'm looking pretty much exactly like your first picture - you're also giving me motivation you look amazing in the second pic!
    One benefit of spoon is that I find my waist looks small compared to my 'shelf'....such an unsexy description.
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Obviously this thread is geared to woman, but as a man, I think the spoon body shape is very attractive, moreso than the pear shape. Your mileage may vary.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    I'm also a spoon. I was hoping for hourglass though :laugh: Oh well... :smile:
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Sweet website! Thanks! I'm a pear :)
  • maranatha777
    maranatha777 Posts: 145
    I think I'm a spoon shape too... I'll have to take some measurements and see though. Here is a pic though...

IMG_0559-1.jpg
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Thanks for that link. I'm def a pear! lol
  • kylesmommy89
    Yes I am a spoon too! At the moment I'm looking pretty much exactly like your first picture - you're also giving me motivation you look amazing in the second pic!
    One benefit of spoon is that I find my waist looks small compared to my 'shelf'....such an unsexy description.

Thank you! Glad to motivate!! I agree that the word "shelf" sucks lol, but it does make our waists look so tiny in comparison. :)
  • kylesmommy89
    Obviously this thread is geared to woman, but as a man, I think the spoon body shape is very attractive, moreso than the pear shape. Your mileage may vary.

Woohoo :D
  • kser145
    kser145 Posts: 40
    Thanks, that was fun to see. I'm an hour glass ( an xx large one at that ) lol..
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Interesting post! I went to the website and I'm a pear. My things could use some trimming though! Maybe my hubby is hungry! :)
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Thanks for sharing....I'm a spoon too!!! Spoons rock!!!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    lol i found this website a few weeks ago.. it said i wasnt any of the shapes :-(