Garbage bag while working out? Is this really bad?

Options

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Where do people come up with this stuff?

Wrestlers, judokas, mma fighters, etc do stuff like this to cut weight for a weigh in. People see massive 20 lb in 12 hour drops in weight and want the same thing...they don't realize you put it back on as soon as you rehydrate.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I can't even figure out how someone wears a garbage bag...

:huh:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Trash-Bag-Poncho

Ohhh, we need to add this to the sexy features topic!!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTLEY! I do it all the time - I prefer the Hefty Cinch Sak, but I've learned from experience to at least wear a thong and some self-tanner underneath. Works GREAT. I weighed 340 3 months ago and look at me noW. Just a few trash bags away from my GOAL. Oh .. those nasty hospital bills - those will be paid soon. Not a problem. Oh .. and my mental disorder that has resulted? Barely noticeable. REALLLY. Not a problem. I'm SKINNY and all it took was a box of trash bags from Costco.
    Orson_Welles_Clapping.gif
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I heard that wearing adult diapers wile lifting can help you out too. Does anyone know if this is true?

I don't know, but if it's wrong I don't want to be right.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTLEY! I do it all the time - I prefer the Hefty Cinch Sak, but I've learned from experience to at least wear a thong and some self-tanner underneath. Works GREAT. I weighed 340 3 months ago and look at me noW. Just a few trash bags away from my GOAL. Oh .. those nasty hospital bills - those will be paid soon. Not a problem. Oh .. and my mental disorder that has resulted? Barely noticeable. REALLLY. Not a problem. I'm SKINNY and all it took was a box of trash bags from Costco.

How bad is it that it took me until the end to realize you were being sarcastic? Does that reflect on me or the current state of humanity?

WAIT. I was being sarcastic? : ) I really truly could not help myself .. this one just cried out for it ....

But yes.... current state of humanity .....
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Makes you sweat, nothing more. In hot weather you increase the risk of dehydration and heat stroke.

I also heard that if you wrap your belly in saran wrap while working out it will shrink your tummy faster. Does that still put you at rise for dehydration and heat stroke? Dying to know! Thanks!

Shavon- I can't imagine this is good for you. There is, however, a MUCH SAFER alternative called Zaggora Hotpants. They are workout pants that are designed to make you swear a lot in your midriff, thighs, etc by insulating it and keeping it warm and they make you sweat. I'm not 100% sure if this works or how well it works, but its safer than Saran Wrap because it actually lets your skin breathe. I would keep EXTRA hydrated in any case.

This is a joke, right?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Where do people come up with this stuff?

Wrestlers, judokas, mma fighters, etc do stuff like this to cut weight for a weigh in. People see massive 20 lb in 12 hour drops in weight and want the same thing...they don't realize you put it back on as soon as you rehydrate.

My wife's cousin wrestled in high school, he'd starve himself right up to the weigh in to make his class and then pig out right after as he needed the energy to compete. Insanity!
  • Mizz1993
    Mizz1993 Posts: 10
    Options
    Lol i asked for some simple opinions not insults. Point taken though i haven't done it in awhile. Won't start again.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Makes you sweat, nothing more. In hot weather you increase the risk of dehydration and heat stroke.

I also heard that if you wrap your belly in saran wrap while working out it will shrink your tummy faster. Does that still put you at rise for dehydration and heat stroke? Dying to know! Thanks!

Yes. Don't do it. It will only "shrink" your belly by sweating out all your water. You'll put all the weight back on as soon as you drink some water. It's absolutely pointless and dangerous.

and you run the risk of being mistaken for a sandwich....:laugh: :laugh:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    you would totally be styling though.

59_male_plastic_suit1.jpg

brunoplasticsuit.jpg
    OMG I JUST LOL REALLY LOUD AT WORK! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I ususally wear one around my head when I do any physical activities.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I ususally wear one around my head when I do any physical activities.
    David Carradine liked to do that too sometimes. Is it a kung fu thing?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If we all agree that sweating more does not help weight loss, can we all agree that that Hot Yoga (Birkim??) is also no more beneficial than regular yoga?

Warm muscles can stretch more easily than cold muscles, I think that's really the point of hot yoga...not to burn extra calories.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Maybe we can all take it easy on her.
    Yes, it is a very dangerous thing however, she was smart enough to ask. That is more then a lot of people would do.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Yes, it is a very dangerous thing however, she was smart enough to ask. That is more then a lot of people would do.

^^^ I got go with this guy on this one. (usually I'm more the snarky cynic but). She's young...so many kids growing up get such poor information regarding weight loss. and she did ASK!

Now let's all go pick another target..........
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I AGREE
    OP Glad you asked!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I remember last summer, as I was coming home from a run and temps were reaching the mid 90s with similar humidity, I saw some dude running up my street in one of those sauna suits. I was tempted to follow him so I could call 911 when he collapsed... but decided to let Darwinism take over.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    this is a joke, right?

I'm afraid not...

3763_68bfbe7287.jpg
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

Funny you should use the phrase "dying"...

Yes!!! To a lesser extent, but let your sweat glands do their job.

Plastics do not, repeat DO NOT "make it possible" in this case.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    My wife's cousin wrestled in high school, he'd starve himself right up to the weigh in to make his class and then pig out right after as he needed the energy to compete. Insanity!

Yup, it's the nature of the beast though. If you don't do it it's MUCH harder to be successful. Unfortunate really.