How Far Have You Come?

Options
lisasch67
lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
I know there are literally thousands of posts like this, but I really have to say this somewhere.

It's been exactly 3 years and 6 months (to the day) since I stepped on the scale at a Weight Watchers meeting and was shocked and disgusted by who I had become and what I weighed...

This morning I stepped on the scale at the gym and am proud to say that I am 44 lbs lighter than that terrible moment. And realizing I was able to wrap the stupidly small towels they have at the gym around myself just made me feel so good.

How far have you come?

Replies

• SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Good for you!!! I've lost 40.2lbs through MFP and a grand total of 48.2lbs. I still have 13.8lbs to go! ;)
    My goal weight is 129lbs, I reset my ticker every 5lbs or so!
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    Not far, because I keep returning to the start :/

But now I have ditched weight watchers forever and have started learning something about nutrition and exercise, I hope that it's a one way ticket this time.

Congratulations on your success!

Edited to add: Congratulations both of you on your weight loss!!
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Unofficially - Thursdays are my official weigh-in days - I have lost 28 pounds since the beginning of January. I currently weigh less than I have weighed since the 3rd grade. THIRD GRADE. That totally amazes and disgusts me at the same time.

I feel like a different person now. I can do things I always told myself I couldn't do before. I am a much stronger person both physically and emotionally. I have my bad days (heck, even bad weeks!), but I just keep on chugging along. I never want to go back to who I was before. I am finally having some confidence in myself and my self-esteem has greatly improved. For once, I can look in the mirror, and in general, like what I see. I am setting a good example for my kids, and that makes me feel so good to know that I am giving them the tools to not go through what I have in my life when it comes to being overweight.
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options

But now I have ditched weight watchers forever and have started learning something about nutrition and exercise, I hope that it's a one way ticket this time.

I think this is the smartest decision you could have made. I will not deny that weight watchers works - I've known many people do really well on the program. The problem is - when they stop doing the program, everything comes back. It has to be a lifestyle change. Exercise and eating in moderation are the keys for me, and I very strongly believe that the same goes for everyone who is successful at losing weight and keeping it off. Good luck to you!
  • msjenjenp
    msjenjenp Posts: 38
    Options
    21 pounds since January 30, 2012. YAYYYYYYY! (only 66 more so go, sigh)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You all are doing great! Just keep at it!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    23 lbs since january with 20 to go.
  • lucythinmint
    lucythinmint Posts: 239
    Options
    30lbs with MFP and 110lbs since March 2009
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options

I think this is the smartest decision you could have made. I will not deny that weight watchers works - I've known many people do really well on the program. The problem is - when they stop doing the program, everything comes back. It has to be a lifestyle change. Exercise and eating in moderation are the keys for me, and I very strongly believe that the same goes for everyone who is successful at losing weight and keeping it off. Good luck to you!

Thank you. I have vowed never to do it again! Even though the scales are being mean to me, I feel better knowing working out is benefitting me far more than WW choccy bars ever did.

Congratulations on your success :drinker:
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    65 Lbs gone for good! Can't believe I waited this long to start. Great job and keep up the good work!
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    I've lost weight, sure, but the bigger deal for me is my mental change. I no longer think of myself as a heavy person, nor do I assume that when other people see me the first thing they notice is my weight. It took me a few years to get here, but I know that if someone described me to a stranger "heavy" would not be part of that description. I have some pounds to go, and more toning to do, but I am approaching, dare I say, "athletic". That's pretty far to come from feeling heavy and unattractive.
  • baby_jacob27
    Options
    I'm done a little bit more than 50 pounds. It has definitely been a roller coaster and journey as well. Best journey ever! One that i would do over again. It has definitely been a struggle and continue to be one. I struggle everyday to eat the right things when in reality i just want to eat hamburger, fries, and pizza! My gosh! I know I'm not alone with this struggle and we should be very proud on how far we have come. We need all the support we can get right?

Lets keep on thriving! Cheers to a better, long lasting healthy life style! :drinker:
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    46lbs lost since May 9th 2010, 24lbs to go :):happy:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!

I've lost right at 115lbs so far, still have 20-15 more to go.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    29lbs down since Jan 1st 2012, 14 to go. Although I might reset my goal to slightly less.

But for now, I have 14lbs left.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I started in December 2010, and it's been a long hard road, but 40 lbs, and 4 dress sizes is great. I'm starting to feel like ME again, not some giant lump of lard that I felt like when I was that big.
  • Bradysgirl214
    Bradysgirl214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    As of today 16 pounds since February 17 :bigsmile: My pants are falling off and my shirts are loose. I now choose to eat healthy snacks and cringe to thought of what I was putting in my body. Also have not had a soda in over 2 months :drinker:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    90 pounds
    from a 24/26W to a 7/8
    from sedentary to half marathons
    from struggling with groceries to lifting 70 lbs (once)
    from getting winded on stairs to falling in love with the leg press
    from gymtimidated to gymtimate

lolol

also- sex in the dark maybe once every few months if it was just the standard stuff and over quickly... to .... not that.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    never really thought about measuring
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!