Your opinion on FITBIT

Options
13»

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    This is a bit off topic, but I am a Bodypump instructor, and it's not the kind of program you do for a bit and then stop. I think you said you were going to add it in which is great! My members come 2-3 times a week every week for years. It's a super way to get in shape. :-)
  • believeandtry
    believeandtry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bummp :) reading later after work
  • jsmith0644
    jsmith0644 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I bought one. I use it religiously. I use it when I walk, in my spin class. I actually burn a lot of calories I didn't know about. Wit it and A heart monitor I'm set for information.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I keep mine on 24X7 but syncing can be problematic. I wish they'd have one that syncs using your phone (e.g. BT).
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I really like my fitbit because it's pretty easy to forget about it once it's on. and it charges really quickly. I was looking at BMRs and other stuff like it...but I don't like having to pay a monthly fee. You can use it as a stopwatch when you wanna track how long you've done something and it really reminds me to move around more.
  • TheMissingSock
    Options
    Can you walk a few days before syncing to the account or does the days you didn't sync just add on the day you sync? For example, if I walk Monday & Tuesday but don't sync untilThursday- will my steps show up on Monday & Tuesday after I sync. Or will all the steps be added on Thursday, the day I sync. Reason I am asking is because a few days out of the week I am not arround wifi areas.

all of your numbers reset every night at midnight. it can hold up to 3 days of data without syncing. Are you at your home computer each day? That's where you will sync it. the charging station also acts as a sort of syncing antenna - you will only sync with computers that have one of these things attached.
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    bump!!
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    can someone tells me what happens with the fitbit when you're driving - both pedometers I have keep registering steps when I drive, and as I drive around a lot (sadly...) I'm wondering whether it's going to miscount for me if I get one.

Don't know if this has been answered...

If you use the stopwatch function when you are driving, you can change those steps. I do that whenever I go on long drives, but for a quick errand I just say screw it because I walk around in the morning a bit (to do stretches and such) before I put it on.
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I wore a bodybugg for about a year and got the fitbit about a month ago to give my arm a break! For a few days I wore them both to see the difference it was very minimal. I have switched to just the fitbit at this point. However, doing anything that isn't moving your legs registers a lot smaller burn. Actually one day when I was doing one of the burn circuits from Chalean Extreme (strength training), it recorded the activity as sleep! Any abs exercise is the same story pretty much. So sometimes I use the bugg still for that but I also sometimes just let the site give me an average burn as long as it is around what I know I would have burned. I really love the fitbit though! It was a great purchase and it really helps lay all the information out for you. I also like not having to worry about putting in my workouts on this site anymore. Plus it helps if I go over my daily burn estimation on this site because it just adds those calories here!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    So do you have to pay on a subscription for the fitbit to work with mfp etc?
    It all sounds pretty complicated to me.
  • kimrob1615
    kimrob1615 Posts: 3
    Options
    a
  • kimrob1615
    kimrob1615 Posts: 3
    Options
    can someone tells me what happens with the fitbit when you're driving - both pedometers I have keep registering steps when I drive, and as I drive around a lot (sadly...) I'm wondering whether it's going to miscount for me if I get one.

Don't know if this has been answered...

If you use the stopwatch function when you are driving, you can change those steps. I do that whenever I go on long drives, but for a quick errand I just say screw it because I walk around in the morning a bit (to do stretches and such) before I put it on.

thanks - that makes sense! This sounds like a great tool in the nonstop war on weight!

And how do you delete a post? Am new to this site and haven't worked it out hence my dumb post above! :blushing:
  • yaffeb
    yaffeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you use myfitness pay with your fitbit....wouldnt you get a calorie adjustment by logging your excercise in MFP with the time you started? I wear my fitbit always and log excercise such as dance or cross country hikes with time started and length of time and the fitbit adjusts accordingly in MFP.
  • JCKKB374
    JCKKB374 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MINE!!! I don't have any trouble syncing it (it does sometimes take a few minutes) and I keep the charger thing connected to my laptop. You don't have to physically put the Fitbit on the charger to have it sync....you just have to be in the area! I only connect it when it needs to be charged. I don't know if the machine is 110% accurate....but I dont need perfection. I just need a guide. It converts the calories for me on MFP and I LOVE that!!! I don't go anywhere without mine...and I DO track my sleep with it too!!!