Ladies... Help Hiding "booblets"

Options
JanieJack
JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
You know... those little blobs of flesh that hang out over tank tops and fitted dresses.

I know we can't spot-reduce... so until my diet and exercise kick in does anyone have recommendations for minimizing booblet appearance while wearing sleeveless shirts and fitted dresses (and swimsuits).

I wear custom, fitted bras, so I'm looking for another solution. Thanks!

JJ

Replies

• sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add I just wanted to know the definition of "booblets".

And yes I have booblets at times
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Minimizer bra was gonna be my suggestion....but I don't have a clue....
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Yea I have that problem...But I just don't really know...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Full coverage high quality bra, and don't wear tops that are too tight or too low in the cleavage area.
  • sandrinamsilva
    Options
    Full coverage high quality bra, and don't wear tops that are too tight or too low in the cleavage area.

to conservative for me. I wear a lot less clothes with every pound I lose :blushing:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

to conservative for me. I wear a lot less clothes with every pound I lose :blushing:

Then don't complain about booblets :smile:
  • sandrinamsilva
    Options

Then don't complain about booblets :smile:

I wasn't the one complaining! I just said I have them at times.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I finished my P90x and got rid of the 'armpit boobs'...I think it was the upper body workouts that helped the most, upright rows, back/chest flys etc.

higher cut tanks and camisoles with the built in bras helped me hide mine, yes, I wore a regular bra and then a camisole with the built in shelf bra to wrangle them in. :laugh:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I must be confusing cleavage for your booblets. All I can say is get a higher cut neckline. For me, I don't have anything other than cleavage hanging out because my fat is below my waist. :P
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Don't hide them - get rid of them. Lift weights! Try some free weights try a shoulder lift (arms down at the sides and then lift out like you're making a "T"). It'll tone your shoulders and if you go above 90 degrees, it'll work that turn in your armpit. Also, try some triceps above the head, but turn your elbow out to your side and lift the lift out at an angle. Also, try some chest presses with hand weights. Lay on the floor, put the hand weights at your shoulders, lift up, touch the weights together and squeeze your chest together.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    Hmm, maybe I need to re-evaluate my upper body workout.

I've been doing weights for about a year now- seen a GREAT difference in my figure, especially my arms and "back fat" almost gone. But those darned booblets. I guess I thought it's just a matter of more aerobic exercise... like maybe they're gonna be the last body part to shrink, lol.

Honestly, when I was bigger I didn't seem to have this problem! Not sure why that is.

Thanks for the inputs.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    hehe in my workout video today... the instructor had booblets! Little ones, sure, but they were there ;-)
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Booblets is the best word ever - usually I just call it "the 3rd and 4th boob" :P
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Booblets. Sounds like a snack.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If you wear proper flitting clothes you won't have the squeezing spill over look. :smile:

PS>>>am i the only person that thought this would be a tiny boob thread?
  • frenchie2727
    frenchie2727 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've always called it "bra chunk"!
  • JanieJack
    Options
    If you wear proper flitting clothes you won't have the squeezing spill over look. :smile:

Um... yeah... I guess I can't find a proper fitting swimsuit then. Back to the t-shirts and board shorts I wore for most of my adult life….?? Good for you that you don't have this problem.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Um... yeah... I guess I can't find a proper fitting swimsuit then. Back to the t-shirts and board shorts I wore for most of my adult life….?? Good for you that you don't have this problem.

HUH She said PROPER FITTING not grandma-fitting.

I have huge boobs, and I rarely get booblets, and I do not dress like a grandma especially in swimwear. You should find tops that are cut properly, aren't too small on the top (more coverage but still sexy), and flattering for you body type.

Suggestions: bra-sized swim tops (Victoria's Secret makes those), halter style, avoid demi and bandeaus as they cut into the cleavage if too small and sag if too big.

Also, remember, nobody sees the size but you so don't let a number on the tag dictate what you buy. Go by fit alone. I wear between a 12, 14, and 16 depending on the brand and cut of clothes.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

I'm all for wearing tight clothes, but if you're wearing clothes that are to small for you, you'll run into this problem. Clothes that fit generally don't do this.
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Don't wear clothes that are too small or tight. No one looks good with excess flesh hanging out of clothes that don't fit. No offense but you asked.