French Vanilla Creamer

Options
jpascone
jpascone Posts: 12 Member
I can't seem to let this one go and I drink a lot of coffee! I am going through a huge jug of this a week which is a lot of cals. I tried a sugar free variant and it tasted horrible. Somebody else must have this affinity for french vanilla creamer, if so what is to be done?
Thanks!

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Cold Turkey, bro...I did it, you can do it too.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi I love coffee. I dont believe I will give up creamer, but I use alot less and then add a little skim milk. I measure out a tbsp, and mine is 25 calories for one. Maybe some one else has found another solution.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I buy the bottles of sugar free vanilla syrup from Starbucks and put a tablespoon of that and a cup of steamed 1% milk in my coffee each morning. Less fat, more protein and calcium.
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Get french vanilla flavoured coffee, nix the creamer. It ain't real. Granted the coffee probably isn't entirely wholesome, but I don't think as bad as the creamer.
  • Broken420
    Broken420 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use half and half...with French Vanilla Flavors for Coffee Splenda...delish!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Eeeeewwwww.... the evil hydrogenated oil. Go cold turkey. Try something real in your coffee - like half & half or drink it black! :bigsmile:
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I buy the sugar free( and take out 1/2 the container) and mix in 1/2 of regular powdered creamer... makes the sugar free taste WAY better. . and still keeps the calories/fat/sugar down.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    use protein powder instead of creamer.....
  • VishaalaS
    VishaalaS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i use coffee mate french vanilla creamer (the no sugar added one) I dont think it has that many calories and it taste just as great!
  • Cheryl1018
    Cheryl1018 Posts: 59
    Options
    I love Frech Vanilla creamer! I have it everyday in my coffee. Luckily I only drink 1-2 cups of coffee.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    This was one of the hardest things for me for some reason but after 2-3 weeks of doing the sugar free it stopped tasting so terrible. Good luck!
  • faithnna
    faithnna Posts: 42
    Options
    THEY LET YOU BUY THE SYRUP?!
  • MelHoneyRocks
    MelHoneyRocks Posts: 223
    Options
    I bailed on the vanilla creamer about a year ago. Started buying Half n Half, its real and that is what was important to me. I dont need any extra voluntary chemicals. I nixed the splenda too and use real sugar. Oh and I also stopped counting my coffee calories.
    Life is good!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    THEY LET YOU BUY THE SYRUP?!

Yep! Here it's $7 a bottle, which goes a long way a tablespoon at a time. I've found some Starbucks that try to charge $12. Check online, too. And Amazon.
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    Torani flavored syrups (the kind they use at Starbucks) are available at World Market (if there's one close to you) and online. They have lots of sugar free flavors.
  • DotNana
    DotNana Posts: 6
    Options
    I use the Fat Free Version, and like it.
  • Chuldah
    Chuldah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used chocolate protein powder to make hot chocolate. It was not a successful experiment.
  • AmandaB2229
    AmandaB2229 Posts: 29
    Options
    I found this recicpe for homemade coffee creamer. It might be better in cals than the store bought stuff. I'm just not sure what the calorie count is on Sweetened Condensed Milk...worth a try I suppose...

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer

Ingredients:
    14oz sweetened condensed milk
    14oz milk (whole, lowfat, or skim - doesn't matter)
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract OR Vanilla Coffee Syrup for a stronger flavor
    a mason jar (quart is perfect)
    Instructions:

Pour all of the ingredients into your mason jar. Screw the lid on tightly, and shake vigorously for a few minutes until well combined.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Monin makes a nice selection of sugar-free syrups. I add that with milk
  • jpascone
    jpascone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used chocolate protein powder to make hot chocolate. It was not a successful experiment.

That's hilarious and sounds NASTY!