French Vanilla Creamer

Options

Replies

• Kdgengler
    Kdgengler Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Torani flavored syrups (the kind they use at Starbucks) are available at World Market (if there's one close to you) and online. They have lots of sugar free flavors.

they also sell these at Walmart in the coffee aisle...look on the top shelf I use it with organic 1/2 n 1/2
  • jpascone
    jpascone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cold Turkey, bro...I did it, you can do it too.

Not going to happen, I am giving up 1/2 dozen other vices, I need my vanilla creamer!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Torani flavored syrups (the kind they use at Starbucks) are available at World Market (if there's one close to you) and online. They have lots of sugar free flavors.

This, and also my regular grocery store carries it too. It's saved my coffee, and my Husband who is a hardcore creamer addict even likes it.
  • kimchi84
    kimchi84 Posts: 56
    Options
    you dont necessarily have to give up what you love, just drink it in moderation, i drink my coffee with french vanilla creamer every morning by adding 2 tablespoon , and a teaspoon or coconut sugar or honey :)
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Starbucks, at least when I worked there up until a little over a year ago, doesn't use Torani...they have their own brand for all of the flavors. At least, it's their logo on it, and their packaging and shipping information. I think Barnes & Noble Starbucks use other brands products for some stuff, but I've never seen anything by this Torani brand...unless they changed in the past year. :tongue: But yeah...the Starbucks syrups taste pretty good. They're getting hefty in price though, unfortunately, but they go a long way.

Monin is also a good brand for syrups...and not just for coffee, either! Some of the local froyo places use it.

I personally will never, ever give up my coffee creamers...that is the one thing I will not let go. However, it does help me to put into perspective to actually measure what I use. I used to use waaaay too much, thinking that if I didn't, the coffee would taste too strong. I've slowly weaned myself to liking stronger coffee...now I LOVE the strong taste, and I actually use a tablespoon to measure out the servings.
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a fat free version too, and stick strictly to the serving sizes, with an average of 2 cups of coffee per day (haven't graduated to black coffee yet). Moderation, moderation, moderation.

I can't stand sugar-free/sugar substitute anything, I personally think it tastes nasty - except I'll tolerate it in gum. So I'm trying to just watch the sugar in general.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I went sugar free and then add PureVia. Lowered my calories but still tastes good.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I also use the fat free and to me it tastes just the same.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    This was one of the hardest things for me for some reason but after 2-3 weeks of doing the sugar free it stopped tasting so terrible. Good luck!

Same here, completely agree. I could never give this up. Moved to sugar free and never looked back. There is a good 2-3 week period adjustment. Sort of like moving to diet soft drinks.

December is a cheat month, though, because they come out with those Gingerbread and Pumpkin Spice and Sugar Cookie..... holy jump-ropin' Jesus is that *kitten* good.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    use protein powder instead of creamer.....

I do use vanilla protein powder so will def try it. MRM 100% All natural Whey Rich Vanilla 87 calories for 1 scoop, so I will just have a tsp..

bump for other suggestions as well
  • hopelindemann
    Options
    im with you i love french ven in my coffee, that is my vice n im sticking to it
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Coffee Mate French Vanilla sugar free. I used to drink regular International Delight vanilla (OMG the calories) then I tried the International Delight fat free, it was so-so. Then tried the Coffee Mate fat free, then tried the International Delight sugar free, not too bad, still more calories than I would like. Tried Coffee Mate sugar free, preferred this one and also still less calories and fat than International Delight sugar free. So now it's strictly Coffee Mate - sugar free.

Baby steps and small changes. Maybe someday I will drink black coffee but for now I still like (and need) my creamer. I measure it out with a measuring spoon only needing 1-1.5 tablespoons in my massive 24oz mug, comes to only 20 something calories for that big a s s cup! Before when I drank flavored creamers (oh the fat, oh those calories) I would just pour it in there. I wanted it to taste like vanilla, not sickening sweet or anything. Now I like just the little hint of vanilla in the background, I am actually enjoying the COFFEE taste more!
  • chip305
    chip305 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This was big for me too, I have started using 1/2 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 pkt equal and just 1 T of the French vanilla creamer in my two cup coffee mug. Yummy and much lower cal and fat.
  • Jennchel
    Jennchel Posts: 16
    Options
    Oh my goodness, this is me too! Except I drink tea, not coffee. There are days when I swear I'm willing to drink my whole day's worth of calories just in tea with International Delight French Vanilla. Everything is right in the world when I drink that. But I did give it up cold turkey, as they say. Hardest thing I've had to do. I've been trying to replace it with something else ever since. I've tried vanilla sugar, vanilla pudding, vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract, nestlea vanilla syrup, nothing works. The vanilla protein powder is not so bad, you just have to mix it really well. I'm thinking at this point I'm just going to give up tea period. :( It's a sad, sad day for me. I'm off to buy some vanilla perfume, maybe that will make me feel better : )
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I switched to the Sweet Cream Naturals brand because it has 3 ingrediants vs 15 like the other coffee creamers...I add a splash of half and half and a splash of the creamer.

Look at it in the big scheme of things...if having the creamer is really the worst part fo your diet I would say you are doing A-OK - that is the way i reflect on mine...
  • nmcavanaugh
    Options
    I also switched to the sweet cream naturals in french vanilla b/c like the OP I was drinking WAY too much of the french vanilla creamer in my coffee. But everyday I try to add a little bit less of the creamer. To the point where my first couple of sips I'm getting a stronger coffee flavor before I get used to it. It seems to be working - I've been doing this for maybe a month and now if I over pour the creamer the coffee is too sweet for me! Slowly weening myself off the creamer and hope to one day be drinking it black.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I too used Coffee Mate French Vanilla creamer- the sugar free version is horrible. But the fat free version is not so bad - try that.
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    Which sugar-free variety do you try? International Delight and Coffemate have pretty good Splenda-sweetened creamers.
  • hannah41280
    Options
    We do fat free half and half with about 1/2 tsp of raw sugar. Not quite as sweet as the french vanilla we also used to love but it works for us!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I can't seem to let this one go and I drink a lot of coffee! I am going through a huge jug of this a week which is a lot of cals. I tried a sugar free variant and it tasted horrible. Somebody else must have this affinity for french vanilla creamer, if so what is to be done?
    Thanks!

I am trying to give up coffee but, until then, I am French Vanilla Creamer addict too. I cant do coffee without it! Anyway, I only like the Sugar Free Carnation Coffee-Mate...all the other Sugar Free, to me, tastes like a nutty flavor to it. Try and couple different kidna of Sugar free to see if that helps. I can drink about any regular French Vanilla Creamer but, when it comes to Fat or Sugar free, the only kinda I like, that actually tastes like French Vanilla Creamer, is Carnation Coffeemate!

GOOD LUCK!!!