I never reach my 1200 calories but I’m not hungry.

Options
13»

Replies

• manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I am just starting out, I did a 6 day "clean eating" meal plan that has you eat 1 hour after you wake up for breakfast, then 2-3 hours after is an AM snack, 1 hour after that is Lunch, 2-3 hours after that is a PM snack and then 2 hours (always 3 hours before bedtime) is Dinner.... Im eating so often and such filling servings that I even skipped lunch today because 5oz of Roast Beef Deli meat with 1 oz of Swiss SEEMED like lunch to me but it was only supposed to be the Am SNACK?!
    Now I'm clueless because I wasn't reaching my goal of at least 1200 WITH a laid out meal plan for the week, and now that the week is over I have no idea where to start looking for a meal plan and shopping list. I lost 5 pounds already, but I think that could just be water weight...?

How did everyone who is "full" on 1200 calories get to the point of needing to be here in the first place??

This is really rude. I'm full on 1200 as a 5'0 woman who switched from drinking my calories in sugary drinks and booze and eating a ton of candy to eating proper meals.

You don't know OP's situation.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Eat more often.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I am just starting out, I did a 6 day "clean eating" meal plan that has you eat 1 hour after you wake up for breakfast, then 2-3 hours after is an AM snack, 1 hour after that is Lunch, 2-3 hours after that is a PM snack and then 2 hours (always 3 hours before bedtime) is Dinner.... Im eating so often and such filling servings that I even skipped lunch today because 5oz of Roast Beef Deli meat with 1 oz of Swiss SEEMED like lunch to me but it was only supposed to be the Am SNACK?!
    Now I'm clueless because I wasn't reaching my goal of at least 1200 WITH a laid out meal plan for the week, and now that the week is over I have no idea where to start looking for a meal plan and shopping list. I lost 5 pounds already, but I think that could just be water weight...?

How did everyone who is "full" on 1200 calories get to the point of needing to be here in the first place??

This is really rude. I'm full on 1200 as a 5'0 woman who switched from drinking my calories in sugary drinks and booze and eating a ton of candy to eating proper meals.

You don't know OP's situation.
    It's not really rude. It's the truth and also being need to stop being so sensitive.
    Most people have a hard time eating 1200 calories because they start eliminating foods or food groups like fat, which is unnecessary. Seriously, think about it. 1 PB sandwich can easily be 350 calories. And anyone on this site that tells you they are stuffed eating 1 pb sandwich is lying to themselves.

Every thread someone has to point it out when someone is genuinely asking for help.

I was eating under 800 calories a day for a long time and drinking heavily most days. While there are higher calorie options that I substitute in because I'm not used to eating a lot, 1200 calories was genuinely hard for awhile .

I think it's more helpful to give suggestions rather than deny someone's claim about their own fullness. This isn't worth arguing further though.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    If you are fine eating 1200 calories, with enough energy to complete daily activities and fitness goals (and DON'T have an eating disorder) then no biggy. You should most definitely be losing weight over time. If not, most likely you are logging wrong.
  • shortied89
    shortied89 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm really happy to see this! I just posted a thread about this same problem.
    I am 5'2 and 133 pounds. I would like to loose 7 pounds and eat cleaner. 1200 calories is what I am eating and feel very full. I work out 5 days a week and never eat my calories back. I would be forcing myself... This makes me more confused!!