How much weight did you lose in your first month?

Options

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    10 lbs......I actually lost 10lbs a month straight for almost 1 year.
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    I lost 3 lbs before I started MFP then 4 lbs in my first month, I did lose inches which I am very proud of :) good luck on your journey!
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs. I started just drinking smoothies the first 4 days, then every morning for breakfast on the weekdays. I think I might go back to that.

Best of luck to you!
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    24 lbs in first 28 days.
  • LovelyNFit
    LovelyNFit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    People who have more to lose, lose a lot at the beginning.
    -a person who is 200+ is able to lose 15-20lbs in the first month
    -a person who is 140 may lose a lot less

So people should also include the total amount they need to lose.
    Otherwise this information is useless b/c she is looking for an average to guesstimate her probabilities.
  • Droope2
    Droope2 Posts: 82
    Options
    I lost 10lbs in my first month :)
  • lcashy
    lcashy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies. I weighed in for the first time today and I had lost 4.5lb whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I should well be down a dress size by my friends 30th. Cant wait. Bring on June 18th xx
  • LexieeLovee
    LexieeLovee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I lost 19lbs... In a month and a few days to be exact.. I started taking. 6am spinning classes every other day during the week... And eliptical and weight training on the days I didn't take spinng classes .. During the weekend Saturday's I'd have a cheat day and some Sunday's I did some insanity :)
    So far so good..!!

Started off at 186
    CW:166
  • MsBeautifullOne
    MsBeautifullOne Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    9lbs which is great considering the last week was finals week and a friends graduations with alcohol and eating out ( I ate mostly healthy)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    13pounds in 31days
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    15 pounds
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 lbs in the first 4 weeks and then it slowed down to 4-6 lbs/ month.
  • LittleSimoni
    Options
    .2 . Yup! .2 5 weeks in and I've lost .2 pounds. I'm trying to tell myself it's because I just jumped hardcore back in the gym after taking a year off and I'm building back muscle... but I'm discouraged. And I don't feel my clothes getting looser; so if I don't lose anything by the end of this month, I'll go see my Dr. And/or just learn to deal with it and accept my current weight and just strive to exercise, stay active, and eat healthier.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Huh. It was kind've fun to look back! :) I lost 14 pounds from Jan 16 - Jan 31. (So, it wasn't a whole month.) February I lost 10.5 pounds. March I lost 9.2 pounds. April I lost 8.8 pounds.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    16lb, but then I lost motivation, just restarting this month
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do it. I lost twenty pounds in 4 weeks and a few days. So, call it a month and 9 kilos. I've also gained some muscle mass. I've taken in my belt two notches, so that's at least a dress size, right? :)

My biggest piece of advice: Don't cheat on entering your foods. I even entered the four chocolate raisins I ate as I was making coffee and breakfast this morning. (0.1 serving of Brachs chocolate raisins) Do your best, estimate as closely as you can, and use (or buy and use) a scale so you can SEE what serving sizes REALLY are. Besides, if you're the only one looking at your food log, who would you be deceiving by not entering something or by underestimating servings? If you go over your target, you go over your target. It should be incentive to go work off some calories on the elliptical, bike, or what have you. :) Remember, your target is NET calories. My target right now is 1,670 Calories, but I could eat 3,500 Calories, as long as I was willing to spend a couple of hours on the Arc Trainer at some point that day.

Good luck! Wait, I take that back... Good Effort!

JV
    Hiya everyone. Just intrigued as to how much everyone lost in their first month of MFP?
    What are my chances? Give me some inspiration :)

Leanne
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose 30 lb. The first month I lost about 12 (at least 5 of which was clearly water weight).
  • lcashy
    lcashy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    fantastic inspirational stories, keep up the good work xx
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I lost about 5.5 lbs!
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs my first month, mostly water weight I'd imagine