What is your guilty pleasure food?

Options
No matter how hard I try, I just can't stay away from KFC's fried hot wings. I know they're bad for me but once I get that craving (almost everyday) I have to satisfy it. I got mad yesterday when I went to KFC and they told me I had to wait 10 minutes for hot wings. I've got to find an alternative to these wings.

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You will stop craving it at some point if you stop going for it lol.

I used to eat KFC on a weekly basis, I would always go for a Fully Loaded or Boneless Banquet and go large each time. The last time I had a KFC or any fast food for that matter was I think in February. No take aways, no McD's, KFC's, BK's, PH or even Subway.

I used to get massive cravings for sweets, my favorite are Haribo's Golden Bears and I would get those big tubs for Christmas and big packets every week and eat them pretty quickly. They are still bought, but I don't go for them. If I want some I will log it, but I will weigh them only have a small portion.

Maybe you should try baking chicken drumsticks in the oven, without the skin and season it with paprika, pepper and sage. I know it's probably the skin that does it for you, the skin is the best bit, but you need to kick the habit of going for fast food. Once you beat this habit it gets easier from there and you will most likely prefer your own versions of food.

I enjoy cooking my own meals and experimenting. If I have seen a meal or had a meal that I have enjoyed, I will try to make a healthier version of it and it turns out better. For example, I have managed to replicate the taste of a McDonalds Chicken Sandwich without whatever crap they use. Just pound some chicken breast, use 2 egg yolks and soak the chicken in it and cover it with breadcrumbs (I prefer crackers though), with garlic powder or onion powder, herbs and pepper. I put it on wholewheat buns with a bit of mayo and some lettuce. It's juicy and tastes exactly like the McDonald's version.
  • MsAprilNurse
    Options
    You will stop craving it at some point if you stop going for it lol.

I used to eat KFC on a weekly basis, I would always go for a Fully Loaded or Boneless Banquet and go large each time. The last time I had a KFC or any fast food for that matter was I think in February. No take aways, no McD's, KFC's, BK's, PH or even Subway.

I used to get massive cravings for sweets, my favorite are Haribo's Golden Bears and I would get those big tubs for Christmas and big packets every week and eat them pretty quickly. They are still bought, but I don't go for them. If I want some I will log it, but I will weigh them only have a small portion.

Maybe you should try baking chicken drumsticks in the oven, without the skin and season it with paprika, pepper and sage. I know it's probably the skin that does it for you, the skin is the best bit, but you need to kick the habit of going for fast food. Once you beat this habit it gets easier from there and you will most likely prefer your own versions of food.

I enjoy cooking my own meals and experimenting. If I have seen a meal or had a meal that I have enjoyed, I will try to make a healthier version of it and it turns out better. For example, I have managed to replicate the taste of a McDonalds Chicken Sandwich without whatever crap they use. Just pound some chicken breast, use 2 egg yolks and soak the chicken in it and cover it with breadcrumbs (I prefer crackers though), with garlic powder or onion powder, herbs and pepper. I put it on wholewheat buns with a bit of mayo and some lettuce. It's juicy and tastes exactly like the McDonald's version.

That McD chicken sandwich replica sounds good. Maybe I'l try to shake n bake some chicken wings and if that doesn't work I'll have to experiment with something else.
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    Does wine count?
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Does wine count?

RIght? LOL I usually save my guilty pleasure for a cocktail/wine or an alcholic beverage. Usually no more than two glasses though and we're talking every 6wks or so... As far as food, if I have a craving I satisfy it. No food is off llimits, just cut down on the portions.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I had a major thing for Ruffles Molton Hot Wing potato chips. Sadly, they don't make them anymore. I also get cravings for taco bell. Which I've recently conquered with apples lol
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Goldfish Flavor Blasted Xtra Cheddar..... The little *kitten* are just sooooo yummy.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    An entire large pizza. Ham, Bacon, Pepperoni, Pineapple, Extra Cheese. It's like 4,000 calories and sometimes I'll eat an entire pizza in less than an hour.

Beat that anyone?
  • Stella1511
    Stella1511 Posts: 1
    Options
    I crave the worst of the worst as guilty pleasures: anything and everything fried + McDonald's filet-o fish and McDoubles! Ah!!!
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    An entire large pizza. Ham, Bacon, Pepperoni, Pineapple, Extra Cheese. It's like 4,000 calories and sometimes I'll eat an entire pizza in less than an hour.

Beat that anyone?

At my heaviest I would eat a full bag of molton hot wing potato chips, 3 meximelts from taco bell, 3 cheesy gordita crunch's, and top it off with a large dr pepper.

That's a whopping

3890. omg that is so disgusting.
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    Aside from wine, I'll go with:

-chocolate or yogurt covered pretzels
    - dark chocolate chex mix
    - anything with chocolate or toffee in it
  • mandy_freeman
    Options
    Peanut Butter Cheerios!!!! I'm addicted and in need of an intervention!!
  • sarah_529406
    Options
    Taco Bell, Little Caesars cheese pizza, Chinese buffets... which I will only indulge maybe once a month.. in one or the other
  • pinn44
    pinn44 Posts: 68
    Options
    Fried chicken wings and wine. I know wine is a drink but it's my weakness as well.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Cheese pizza. Thick, thin, deep dish, I dont care. MMMMMMMMMM.
    I prefer super thin crust if I can get it though :love:
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything i shouldn`t eat..
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    A couple of days ago i bought some skinny cow ice - cream sandwiches...they are only 140 calories...and i promised myself i would only eat one ...at the end of the days if my calorie count allowed for it.....but yesterday i had one in the afternoon before dinner....i am so glad i stayed under calorie goal :)
    I almost can't wait to finish them....just so i don't accidentally go over :)
    San :)
  • mary_kate23
    mary_kate23 Posts: 156
    Options
    cheesesteaks!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Cheerios!!!! I'm addicted and in need of an intervention!!

I read this as Peanut Butter Cheetos :noway: I think it's time for glasses :laugh:

Thai Drunken Noodles is mine. I could eat that every day if I let myself.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Any mexican food and all liquor.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    The food I eat gives me pleasure, though I can't say I've ever felt guilty about it.