Anyone reading 50 Shades of Grey?

Options

Replies

• aamon17
    aamon17 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll be the 1st (and maybe only) guy to reply! LOL! I have 50 pages to go in book one. I'm reading it because my WIFE "strongly suggested" that I do so. And, needless to say, I am glad i did. You can spin that any way you like to suit your own imaginations. She's read all 3, and going back to catch things she discovered in teh epilogue of book 3.

Was it a sacrifice for me to read it? Heck yeah! LOL! But, ummm, some sacrifces we make to benefit others.... While some sacrifices ultimately benefit us! ;-)

That is all.
  • gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I want to read this so bad and I don't ever have the chance to read... but I am definitely considering it.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I just started them, so far not impressed.

I much prefer the Anne Rice Sleeping Beauty series for my S&M. First book is "The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty". Give em a shot if you like it rough.

Cherise Sinclair is better...I read the beauty series..it's rough...there is no connection between the characters. There needs to be a connection to be really good....
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I read all three over a long weekend and my BF kept asking if I ever was going to put the books down...
    I told him I would make it up to him at night.....
    He agreed the next day for me to keep reading those books lol.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    *kitten* yes I would! Nothing wrong with being submissive.
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm on book 3, and I agree it is poorly written, but I can't put it down!!!! I would probably never sign a contract cause that's just effed up:P Nonetheless, it is a good mindless read!

^^Agreed.
  • stephwats84
    stephwats84 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    haha...I would so go with a yews and I have read the triology and miss my CG!!! :love:
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    Options
    I would have to experience some of the crazy stuff before I agreed to sign the contract. I wouldn't know what to make my hard limits until I tried it and didn't like it.
    I cannot get Chace Crawford out of my mind for Christian. 0AYCA8ATTCYCA093OVXCA20W0J6CAV8XPAECARMWX9RCA43ERDNCA53X2F2CAX97WX0CA8BBGWVCAZH3RWCCA586CNWCAIOPWHSCAUYHBDBCASMKE5VCA0QXJUPCAD7ECJRCAEYDSW6C.jpg
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I never answered the original question:

Yes, I would totally sign a contract. He doesn't even have to be rich just sexy as all hell and wanting me to do whatever it is he asks.
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'll be the 1st (and maybe only) guy to reply! LOL! I have 50 pages to go in book one. I'm reading it because my WIFE "strongly suggested" that I do so. And, needless to say, I am glad i did. You can spin that any way you like to suit your own imaginations. She's read all 3, and going back to catch things she discovered in teh epilogue of book 3.

Was it a sacrifice for me to read it? Heck yeah! LOL! But, ummm, some sacrifces we make to benefit others.... While some sacrifices ultimately benefit us! ;-)

That is all.

I so want my husband to read this too.....blushing! :love:
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    yeah...I read the first book after seeing some fb posts about how many ppl were reading it. It popped up on my Kindle app as a suggested read, so I got it, not really even knowing what it was about. Not my usual type of book, but I enjoyed it, despite the author's annoying tendency to over use phrases.

I didn't think I was going to read the second book, but downloaded a sample onto my kindle...damn curiosity got the best of me! My Kindle says I'm 76% done with Fifty Shades Darker. I like the added story line to this 2nd book, but still....so many repetitions.... How many times can she "look down at her knotted fingers" and "explode in a million pieces around him?" I hate that I'm hooked on this book...lol

If I were 15 years younger..not married and no kids...yeah....I'd sign that contract.....what a fun 3 months that would be! lol!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've read it and the 2nd one (Fifty Shades Darker) and am now on the third one Fifty Shades Freed....

I read the 1st 2 books in 2 days, but am now stuck on the third.... I think I overdid it... too much Fifty...!

But to answer your question, nah... wouldn't sign the contract...
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    yeah...I read the first book after seeing some fb posts about how many ppl were reading it. It popped up on my Kindle app as a suggested read, so I got it, not really even knowing what it was about. Not my usual type of book, but I enjoyed it, despite the author's annoying tendency to over use phrases.

I didn't think I was going to read the second book, but downloaded a sample onto my kindle...damn curiosity got the best of me! My Kindle says I'm 76% done with Fify Shades Darker. I like the added story line to this 2nd book, but still....so many repetitions.... How many times can she "look down at her knotted fingers" and "explode in a million pieces around him?" I hate that I'm hooked on this book...lol

If I were 15 years younger..not married and no kids...yeah....I'd sign that contract.....what a fun 3 months that would be! lol!

Is her "Inner Goddess" Still shaking pom-poms, doing back flips and standing at the podium cheering?? LOL!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no...I'd much rather be the one in charge!

That being said, I only read the first book. I barely finished because of the poor writing. If I had to hear about her idiot "Inner Goddess" (aka inner skank) or read that someone 'gasped' or 'flushed' one more time, my Nook would have been in danger of being smashed.

Not a bad idea for a storyline, but the author could have made better use of a thesaurus in my opinion....
  • jeniley65
    jeniley65 Posts: 35
    Options
    Crack...that is the best way to put it. Read them all...my head kept wanting to criticize the writing and then that little devil came around, tied her to a bedpost and, well, I just had to find out what was going to happen.
    One of the better thigh workouts I have had on a bus ride home btw...
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    Oh hell no...I'd much rather be the one in charge!

That being said, I only read the first book. I barely finished because of the poor writing. If I had to hear about her idiot "Inner Goddess" (aka inner skank) or read that someone 'gasped' or 'flushed' one more time, my Nook would have been in danger of being smashed.

Not a bad idea for a storyline, but the author could have made better use of a thesaurus in my opinion....

I agree.

I am also skeptical over the things that shocks Christian. Dude, you're a DOM for f*cks sake! How could her wearing your boxer briefs or even no panties at all be "shocking"? Really?! Seriously?? Get a grip! If those kinds of things shock him then he'd die of a heart attack if he were with me.
  • CShepherd91
    CShepherd91 Posts: 44
    Options
    I read this when it was available for free as Twilight fanfiction, over on fanfiction.net, under the name 'Master of the Universe'. It was horrendously written then, with poor plot points, and a really superficial (unrealistic) view on BDSM. I wouldn't waste my money on it.

(and I get irrationally angry everytime it comes through my till because I mean dude - there must be all kinds of copyright infingement all over this... and really? There's PDF'S of the original story flouting around on the internet- the exact same story, the characters are just called 'Edward' and 'Bella')
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just started them, so far not impressed.

I much prefer the Anne Rice Sleeping Beauty series for my S&M. First book is "The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty". Give em a shot if you like it rough.

Cherise Sinclair is better...I read the beauty series..it's rough...there is no connection between the characters. There needs to be a connection to be really good....

Never heard of Sinclair, but I'll give it a shot.

Hunh. Interesting take on Beauty. I always find amazing connections in all of Rice's books, these included. Although, I don't require a love story with my dirty sex....
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options

I didn't think I was going to read the second book, but downloaded a sample onto my kindle...damn curiosity got the best of me! My Kindle says I'm 76% done with Fify Shades Darker. I like the added story line to this 2nd book, but still....so many repetitions.... How many times can she "look down at her knotted fingers" and "explode in a million pieces around him?" I hate that I'm hooked on this book...lol

Is her "Inner Goddess" Still shaking pom-poms, doing back flips and standing at the podium cheering?? LOL!
    haha...yes! but, I think she added an arabesque to the routine.....and the subconscious is drinking Gin...or something....
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I cannot get Chace Crawford out of my mind for Christian. 0AYCA8ATTCYCA093OVXCA20W0J6CAV8XPAECARMWX9RCA43ERDNCA53X2F2CAX97WX0CA8BBGWVCAZH3RWCCA586CNWCAIOPWHSCAUYHBDBCASMKE5VCA0QXJUPCAD7ECJRCAEYDSW6C.jpg

ME TOO!!!!!!!