100 pound with picture proof

Options
Jacomab
Jacomab Posts: 16 Member
My wife and I had our third child last year and I figured it was time to make some changes. I wanted to be around to see her graduate college, get married and have a family of her own. I was a food addict. Food made me happy. I thought about it all of the time. I made a rule before I started : "Don't start anything that you cannot do long term. This is going to be a lifestyle change, not a fad." I cut soft drink and most fast food out immediately. I set my calorie number to a a doable 1650 per day and set some exercise goals. I was tired of being fat and avoiding people that I had not seen in years. I WANTED to live life. Here are some things that helped me.

1. Don't weigh too often. You weight can fluctuate dramatically. I weigh the first Sunday of each month.
2. Don't eat back your exercise calories just because. I only ate them back if I was truly hungry, not just to hit my number.
3. Drop soft drinks. They have NO nutritional value and are empty calories.
4. Sign up and pay your money for a 5k/10k/Marathon. Once the money has been paid, you are forced to run/exercise.
5. Think of your calories as a weekly goal, not daily. If you go over your calories for the day, you always have tomorrow to make it up. Losing weight is a marathon, not a sprint.

Here are my stats
35 Yrs Old
6"5'
SW 325
GW 225
CW 222

I feel like a new person with a new lease on life. I post to help someone else. You can do it!

7138860319_2bc92dd3f7_z.jpg[/url]

Replies

• michelle_00
    michelle_00 Posts: 38
    Options
    Congrats! you look great! :)
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Nice job man! Well done.
  • sarabelle0
    sarabelle0 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your new lease on life!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Well done.
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Way to go!!! :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Cool!! Looks like you might even make to see some great-grandchildren =)
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Great job!!!
  • eryka86
    eryka86 Posts: 80
    Options
    Wow you look good...great job
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You look amazing congrats!!! Im signed up for 2 5ks next month, im super excited but also really nervous.
  • almostfortysix
    Options
    You even look younger now! Great job. I can't wait to show this to my husband tonight:)
    The scale is my ememy. My husband had to bring it to work with him today.
  • jeawashko
    jeawashko Posts: 40
    Options
    you look wonderful!! what a great dad to not only do this for yourself, but your children! very inspiring and you should be so proud of yourself!
  • ladyfingers39
    ladyfingers39 Posts: 335
    Options
    amazing!!
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    Nice job! And some great advice! Thanks!
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Very nice...and simply stated. Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. The difference is amazing! You should be very proud!
  • Jacomab
    Jacomab Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look amazing congrats!!! Im signed up for 2 5ks next month, im super excited but also really nervous.

You will do great. I ran my first 5k at 280 pounds. Finished in 38 minutes. The last one I ran I finished in 25:48. You will improve quickly.
  • determined136
    determined136 Posts: 332
    Options
    Way to go! You are amazing!!!!!!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! I love the goals you set for yourself. I just signed up for my very first 5k, and JUST got off the treadmill, so I know what you mean about signing up and paying for it. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hottt :devil:
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Wonderful inspiration and great advice!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!